• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

The best way to keep from breaking a statue is just never cleaning anything. Ever. Works for the whole house/apartment.
I had this Adam Hughes Catwoman statue on my desk at work a couple years ago:

review_covercat_8.jpg

I reached out to plug my phone into a USB port, and by doing so, I broke that pinky finger off the statue and cut the side of my hand open on it.

Owzers

I reached out to plug my phone into a USB port, and by doing so, I broke that pinky finger off the statue and cut the side of my hand open on it.

But was the paint okay?

(also that's terrible, I have that statue and i've caught my swifter duster thing on it once when dusting the top of her head, finger lived)

Well shit. I think that statue is actually pretty valuable. The universe punished you for breaking it by inflicting a grievous wound.

Boogiepop

So can anyone help me out with if I want to get Steph Batgirl and Shade the Changing Man, and if so which issues I should be looking for?

Edit: Anything good in terms of Birds of Prey, Creeper, or Deadman, btw? Could be down for something in those lines...

Edit x2: Also, is any of the Doom Patrol that ISN'T in the Morrison omnibus worth reading?

Edit x3: Are the Waid and Johns Flash runs worth reading?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Batman 3

Ha, I liked the start where it
looked like a retelling of Bruce's origins

But, how the hell is Batman talking to someone whilst he's ziplined away? Is he bellowing?

I loved the car splitting in two for the Bat Motorbike too

I'm personally loving King's Batman thus far

Boogiepop

Guys, Yoshi's Wooly World or Star Fox Zero.

I can vet Wooly World as being great if you're down with Yoshi games at least. Have Star Fox but haven't touched it yet (which makes that Best Buy sale sting a bit), but I know it's at least decisive.
-----------------------------------
Also, one more quick question that came to mind: Is there anything good out there with Mr. Terrific? I've hardly ever seen the character in anything, and would mind reading something good with him...

Actually, same kind of goes for Dr. Fate...

Boogiepop

...Oh damn, I didn't think of this, but does comixology have anything good for Legion stuff that I could use this sale on? Always been vaguely interested in them, but never knew where to go at it... (oh god, this sale is going to murder the hell out of my wallet...)

Boogiepop

Also, is there supposed to be at least one really good Starman run? (I cannot stop thinking of things I'm interested in purchasing. This is bad!)

Boogiepop

Take that money and invest in retirement. Or just buy the thing you were interested in first.

I mean, I can probably afford most of what I want, so I'm just trying to make sure what I grab is good. But yeah, I'm getting a little scared of what the total will be when I go to checkout at this point...

Owzers

People saying ps4 just got the overwatch update :O

Before Trump wins everyone over tonight, i'm going to prove my worth as an Ana player.

Star Fox Wooly World.

I can vet Wooly World as being great if you're down with Yoshi games at least. Have Star Fox but haven't touched it yet (which makes that Best Buy sale sting a bit), but I know it's at least decisive.
-----------------------------------
Also, one more quick question that came to mind: Is there anything good out there with Mr. Terrific? I've hardly ever seen the character in anything, and would mind reading something good with him...

Actually, same kind of goes for Dr. Fate...

Yoshi's Wooly World is gorgeous game that's fun to play and Star Fox Zero is a dumpster fire.

I guess I'll get Wooly World.

Boogiepop

Okay, I swear this is my last one. Does Jaime have any good runs where he's Blue Beetle? I actually pretty much just know the character from Brave and the Bold, to be honest...

frye

Okay, I swear this is my last one. Does Jaime have any good runs where he's Blue Beetle? I actually pretty much just know the character from Brave and the Bold, to be honest...

the 2005/6 series? at least the stuff John Rogers wrote.

my Legion rec woulda been the first 12 issues of the 2004 series but it looks like that might not be on comixology

The original series by Giffen and John Rogers started off slow but then became an amazing teen super-hero story. You could either come in at the series beginning or jump to the second trade and miss some back story.

So has there been any actual comics news from this Comic Con? Or is it all toys, TV, and movies?

Kamandi is awesome, some of the very best from Jack Kirby.
I think Newsarama has collected all the DC panels info. If someone wants to post it here quoted they're free to do so.

So considering my backlog just increased massively, I'm cutting down my pull list to single digits:
Squirrel Girl
Deadly Class
The Fix
Snotgirl
Heavy Metal
And Vision till it ends

I plan on getting into Young Animal and the new volume of Love & Rockets once they drop too. Plus any Hellboy and the BPRD that happens to come out.

I just have too much to read right now and I honestly have zero desire to go through much of anything else right now.

I already have Wonderful 101.
Fair enough.

I've been playing Vanquish lately. One day I was like, "You know what's cool? Boosting around shooting robots and shit. And you know what game does that? Vanquish."

I just can't get over how much fun it is. Never have, never will. Not unless a sequel comes along where they implement that robot dog tech that they were going to put in.

TheFlow

Banned
Batman #3
Everyone's impression was mixed on this but one thing for sure there is a lot of talking, and you know what? I liked it.

One scene did bother like others have said
why does batman start a conversation then zip away halfway but keeps talking. They can't hear him, and the speech bubbles don't indicate yelling/shouting

My favorite part is that we have more insight on how Gotham/Gotham girl began their obsession over batman, but still no explanation for powers.

I am ready for this arc to be over because the monster men crossover is going to be all kinds of hype

3.5/5 I liked it but it still needs some work

Top Bottom