• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Sandfox

Bunn said Havok's absense from the recent X-books was purposeful, and that he'd appear again soon.

Alonso said some new announcements coming later might reveal the whereabouts of where some more absent characters would be, such as Brian Bendis's Tempus. Bunn said it's about finding places to put the characters that serves them well.

I know this should make some happy.

Also, this seems fairly big if it happens:

Alonso said he'd like to see more of both versions of Iceman in the X-Men titles. He vaguely hinted that an Iceman solo series could be in the works.

TheFlow

Banned
Hit me with some Image recommendations from the sales.
Let's start with a flow chart

Are you reading saga, deadly class, east by west, walking dead or invincible. If not get to it

Do you want more than the big hitters? Then pickup
Southern bastards,monstress, and paper girls

mreddie

All-New-Wolverine-13-Cover-by-David-Lopez-738fb.jpg

Sandfox

Coates tweeted that "head exploding" Black Panther news is coming tomorrow. I'd be cool with either movie or comic news on that front.

So can anyone help me out with if I want to get Steph Batgirl and Shade the Changing Man, and if so which issues I should be looking for?

Someone earlier was recommending that you try the first 18 issues because they form a nice complete large arc.

People also say the quality drops after the first 50 issues.

(Personally, I bought everything after reading the first 5 or so issues)

Also, is there supposed to be at least one really good Starman run? (I cannot stop thinking of things I'm interested in purchasing. This is bad!)

This is all you need for Starman. And all of it is quite brilliant.

https://www.comixology.com/Starman-1994-2001/comics-series/5162

Thanks. :D It was an excellent birthday, played video games and board games with the wife and kid and that was pretty much it. Got a bunch of new LEGO sets and no comics, didn't read any either so it was a good day.

(belated) Happy birthday! What sets did you end up buying. I have a few to catch up too...

Let's start with a flow chart

Are you reading saga, deadly class, east by west, walking dead or invincible. If not get to it

Do you want more than the big hitters? Then pickup
Southern bastards,monstress, and paper girls
First: Already reading Saga, might pick up Deadly Class and East By West.
Second: Already reading all but Bastards, will pick it up.

Thanks!

Sandfox

Alonso just reiterated the Iceman thing, which would be nice to see given how they are obviously lacking in books with LGBT characters.

Alonso just reiterated the Iceman thing, which would be nice to see given how they are obviously lacking in books with LGBT characters.
This is the first time they've mentioned it even barely since Alonso's "promise" which we've seen nothing of and heard even less.

Boogiepop

Someone earlier was recommending that you try the first 18 issues because they form a nice complete large arc.

People also say the quality drops after the first 50 issues.

(Personally, I bought everything after reading the first 5 or so issues)

This is all you need for Starman. And all of it is quite brilliant.

https://www.comixology.com/Starman-1994-2001/comics-series/5162

(belated) Happy birthday! What sets did you end up buying. I have a few to catch up too...
Thanks a ton!

Boogiepop

Okay, almost done finalizing the mass that I'll order from this DC sale. Reading through a "top 100 comics runs" list to see if there's anything interesting that grabs me, and the one that really caught my eye is an Ostrander Spectre run, so I'm thinking I'll bite on that on top of a number of the other things I mentioned.

Real quick, putting aside Morrison, Snyder, Brubaker, and the various elseworlds/contained stories such as Long Halloween, Dark Knight, Year 1(or 100), etc, are there any must have Batman runs?

TheFlow

Banned
Superman #3

Good backstory that finally explains everything to me but
the dog. how did he get there, or this is new 52 krypto

tumblr_n5usiaazEe1r72ht7o1_500.gif

5/5 JON IS GOING TO REKT!

Going by the headlines and not having read the actual news items:

Enemy of the state II and Inhumans in Death of X...Marvel come the fuck on...

I know it's all about what happened between Scott in them, but it still feels like pushing Inhumans down our throats.

mreddie

I get the feeling Cyke will die with a heroic sacrfice because the mutants and inhumans don't hate each other so it seems Scott did something stupid and tried to fix it.

Boogiepop

Okay, I maaaay have spent around $300 on that DC BOGO. But now I'm loaded up and in a pretty good place in terms of DC classics. But yeah, going into buying hibernation again after that, at least until I take a solid chunk out of actually reading all the digital comics I've bought. Did not expect to spend that much money, geeze...

Messi

Okay, I maaaay have spent around $300 on that DC BOGO. But now I'm loaded up and in a pretty good place in terms of DC classics. But yeah, going into buying hibernation again after that, at least until I take a solid chunk out of actually reading all the digital comics I've bought. Did not expect to spend that much money, geeze...

I spent $300ish in the past week or so on comixology on catching up on series and cleaning out the wishlist. feels good man.

mreddie

Of course Marvel sneaks this shit at SDCC

Marvel Comics has informed retailers that Civil War II and several tie-in issues will be delayed. Civil War II #5 is now scheduled for August 31 (originally August 15), Civil War II: Amazing Spider-Man #3 for August 17 (originally August 3), and Captain Marvel #8 for August 24 (originally August 3).

Additionally, both Ms. Marvel and Silver Surfer are experiencing cascading delays, with Ms. Marvel #10 pushed back three weeks to August 31 and #11 back two weeks to September 28. Silver Surfer #6 has a harsher delay, with a seven week delay to its new date of August 31. That has caused its two subsequent issues to be pushed back, #7 to September 28, and #8 to October 24.

Additionally, Amazing Spider-Man #17 will have a change of artists, with series artist Giuseppe Camuncoli dropping out and R.B. Silva stepping in.

Looks like #5 will be Carol involved with MM/CM getting dragged as well. Surfer has no tie in but SHIT.

That's a lot of DC books. Or like, a dozen Marvel books.

Top Bottom