• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Y halo thar

tumblr_oaor5krBXC1qzdctco1_500.jpg
tumblr_oaor6gxZCg1qzdctco2_1280.jpg

Do you see wat I see? Interlocking bases!

How many issues do you folks have on CMX?

There's no good way to compare because some are singles-only, some are collections-only, and some are mixed.

I'm 100% singles, and I'm at 3,434 issues.

McBryBry

Haven't posted in a while! I just finished up Age of Ultron in my reading from Marvel NOW to current continuity. A few little reviews...

Captain America 1-10 (Dimension Z) - Really enjoyed this arc. A nice side story from regular continuity. I definitely cared for the newer characters some, and bearded Steve looks like a badass. The ending really surprised me though. Good book!

Captain Marvel 1-12 - I tried to enjoy this. I really did. It wasn't necessarily bad... Just boring. I'll try continuing but no promises.

Hawkeye 1-5, Indestructible Hulk 1-5 - Both of these weren't much so far, but I'm excited to see where they go. Hawkeye is really well written, and Indestructible is going in a neat little direction.

Iron Man 1-8 - Very run of the mill. Didn't bore me like Marvel, didn't excite me like America. I did like the near globe trot feel though from Tony hunting down the Extremis.

Thor: God of Thunder 1-18 - BY. FAR. The standout of everything I've read so far. This book is phenomenal. Jason Aaron was looking pretty good in my eyes due to Wolverine & The X-Men but this book even puts that to shame! The God Butcher and Godbomb were great arcs with an original villain. I liked having three different life stages of Thor working together. Bought a hardback trade as soon as I finished it. Awesome.

Daredevil 1-21 - I think I'll read anything written by Waid. I'm not normally too into Daredevil, but I was pleasantly surprised that I could read through this entire thing without feeling any fatigue. I enjoyed it and will keep on.

Age of Ultron - Eh. It was ok. The premise of it was really cool, and I liked the focus that Wolverine got throughout, but the solution just seemed like a cop out. I'm fine with time travel being in things, but like I said, total cop out.

Issue count is 277.

TheFlow

Banned
How many issues do you folks have on CMX?

There's no good way to compare because some are singles-only, some are collections-only, and some are mixed.

I'm 100% singles, and I'm at 3,434 issues.

welp you got everyone but 1 beat. can't remember the guys name but he is in the 4k bracket

TheFlow

Banned
you forgot the Ironfist teaser trailer. Oh snap they took it down. it was pretty decent too

Luke Cage is going to be woke. going to marathon it forreal

Okay, I maaaay have spent around $300 on that DC BOGO. But now I'm loaded up and in a pretty good place in terms of DC classics. But yeah, going into buying hibernation again after that, at least until I take a solid chunk out of actually reading all the digital comics I've bought. Did not expect to spend that much money, geeze...

I mean, damn. I was thinking how crazy that number is, then I realized I'm at $170 these past two weeks. Mistakes were made.

I have been making much larger backlog pick ups than usual for me. My actual weekly pulls are only 4-5 issues, which still adds up but isn't anything too wild. I can't even imagine how much money I'd be dropping if I was also picking up Marvel singles.

My next big purchase will probably be a laptop or tablet to read on. My iPhone is great, but it's not there best choice for reading digital comics.

Owzers

watching Ivanka close her speech and Trump come out, he's 100% going to be our next president so get your crying done now, greatness awaits.

Messi

I mean, damn. I was thinking how crazy that number is, then I realized I'm at $170 these past two weeks. Mistakes were made.

I have been making much larger backlog pick ups than usual for me. My actual weekly pulls are only 4-5 issues, which still adds up but isn't anything too wild. I can't even imagine how much money I'd be dropping if I was also picking up Marvel singles.

My next big purchase will probably be a laptop or tablet to read on. My iPhone is great, but it's not there best choice for reading digital comics.

You don't wanna know. Live by the sword die by the sword.

shingi70

Banned
Great thing about comic con is I can leave my phone be for a month and come across a ton of news at the end of the day.

Luke Cage gonna be lit.

i'm afraid to count how much money I spent today, so i won't, but my comics pickups were:

- 4 Kids Walk Into a Bank #1-2 (they also threw in Godkiller #1 and WCNGH #1)
- Mavi (by Claudia Aguirre & Eva Cabrera)
- an indie comic called Teenage Switchblade, about a punk band
- Joyride #2-3
- Postal #13
- a Night's Dominion zine (Ted Naifeh)
- Xavier Woods from The New Day gave me a copy of Power Rangers: Pink #1

not comics, but I also copped They Live on blu-ray, a SEIBEI t-shirt and some other free swag, plus some sketches for the sketchbook. and there's 3 days to go!

It's crazy, it was a Hall H panel but I just walked right in like 20 minutes into it

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Defenders will be vs The Hand almost for sure. Im ok with that if they go full mystic (even more) and it means DD S3 can move on to Kingpin and Bullseye

TheFlow

Banned
i'm afraid to count how much money I spent today, so i won't, but my comics pickups were:

- 4 Kids Walk Into a Bank #1-2 (they also threw in Godkiller #1 and WCNGH #1)
- Mavi (by Claudia Aguirre & Eva Cabrera)
- an indie comic called Teenage Switchblade, about a punk band
- Joyride #2-3
- Postal #13
- a Night's Dominion zine (Ted Naifeh)
- Xavier Woods from The New Day gave me a copy of Power Rangers: Pink #1

not comics, but I also copped They Live on blu-ray, a SEIBEI t-shirt and some other free swag, plus some sketches for the sketchbook. and there's 3 days to go!

It's crazy, it was a Hall H panel but I just walked right in like 20 minutes into it
You going to stand in line to get autographs?

Man. I'm starting to get concerned. Every marvel Netflix show seems to have that same somber super slow going mood. Mix it up! People can have fun And smile Netflix marvel.

Top Bottom