• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man. I'm starting to get concerned. Every marvel Netflix show seems to have that same somber super slow going mood. Mix it up! People can have fun And smile Netflix marvel.

tumblr_nmqv7380wk1qh1pn2o2_500.gif

Theres your smile!

Man. I'm starting to get concerned. Every marvel Netflix show seems to have that same somber super slow going mood. Mix it up! People can have fun And smile Netflix marvel.
That's never going to happen with these Netflix shows. This is where Marvel is shoving all their "almost R-rated" material.

I just want Agent Carter back, dammit.

*weeps openly*

Owzers

I've never been more proud of my country than tonight, and won't be again until November.

Because that will be the next time we get another line-wide digital sale.

jk. TRUMP! Fellow white people, this is our last chance! Finally we get a dictator, i've been so jealous.

[ig]http://33.media.tumblr.com/f2b99fbebac5e3ae203cbfc4610f7d83/tumblr_nmqv7380wk1qh1pn2o2_500.gif[/img]

Theres your smile!
I think the look works for DD. But I don't think it should be used for every show. It's movie marvel all over again. It's not bad but it gets too Samey and stale

JTripper

Don't worry, we'll get a super dark third season for Daredevil that'll break Matt Murdock down to his limit and then the next season will be all inspired by the Mark Waid run!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think the look works for DD. But I don't think it should be used for every show. It's movie marvel all over again. It's not bad but it gets too Samey and stale

So just like the comics then? BOOM!

Wait I should be shitting on DC stuff not Marvel...damn it ;_;

Sandfox

Daredevil and Jessica Jones should be like that IMO. We'll see what happens with Luke Cage and Iron Fist, but Marvel is clearly taking advantage of the things they get away with on Netflix.

Owzers

It was a good speech. I cringed a little when he thanked the evangelicals for their support, tho.

I thought it went on too long, a greatest hits of " hey this group, i'm the one for you." But in the form of assuring the LGBT community they will be safe from foreign muslims who hate them while having a vp and party platform who are down with gay conversion therapy. Also ISIS will be defeated, and FAST, but with few U.S. troops and primarily with NATO forces, the NATO that he is constantly disparaging and countries he might not bother to defend if he isn't feeling like they are paying their fair share. Also name dropping Bernie Sanders like he's totally getting his voters. What does restoring Law and Order, making america safe AND FAST, look like. To me, i see Judge Dredd and martial law.

I'm a skeptic.

Read the first issue of Shade

Really cool setup for a series and very much reminds me of Morrison's Vertigo stuff from that timeframe. Definitely excited to see where this goes.

(belated) Happy birthday! What sets did you end up buying. I have a few to catch up too...

Thanks! I got the Brick Bank, Poe's X-Wing, Tower Bridge (finally) and Big Ben. I'm more or less all caught up now. :) Just a few small sets to grab, especially the new Marvel sets, then it's all aboard for the Disney Castle.

Owzers

I messed around with new Overwatch and apparently i'm just as bad as old Overwatch. I couldn't heal someone with Ana who was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME because i kept shooting to the left of them.

I should go back to comics.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm going to get burned out on comic book shows the way I got burned out on comic book movies. I still haven't even seen Civil War.

Still going to see Suicide Squad tho.

The Image stuff will be all different genres though. Should be harder to get burnt out on than big 2 stuff which is all super hero stuff.

Owzers

I was going to buy this comic called "The Fix" from the Image sale but i don't think anyone here has ever mentioned it, must not be good.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Grabbed Y The Last Man, Preacher and Gotham Central in the BOGO. Still looking for something that costs $20 to get the most out of Doom Patrol.

Liked the Luke Cage teaser, and love that they're going with the Aja Iron Fist Logo. I was briefly terrified that they'd go with Karre Andrews' for some reason.

arkon

Decided Mignola et al, Sakai and Aragones deserved more of my money so went a bit wild in the Dark Horse sale. Some double dipping and some new books too. Also caught up on a few other series in the updated Image sale. Wallet has taken a big hit but I'm still hoping for a proper line-wide Image sale including everything because there's some older series I still want to grab. It feels like ages since the last proper one.

Top Bottom