• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Thanks! I got the Brick Bank, Poe's X-Wing, Tower Bridge (finally) and Big Ben. I'm more or less all caught up now. :) Just a few small sets to grab, especially the new Marvel sets, then it's all aboard for the Disney Castle.

That Brick Bank looks awesome. I stopped at one Modular (Fire Brigade). My want list at the moment is the Beetle, VW Camper and the 911.

The Disney Castle looked interesting but then I saw the open back. I was hoping for somethng like the Haunted Mansion (which I missed by waiting too long. :( )

Grabbed Y The Last Man, Preacher and Gotham Central in the BOGO. Still looking for something that costs $20 to get the most out of Doom Patrol.

https://www.comixology.com/Sandman-Mystery-Theatre-Book-One/digital-comic/379445

!

Justice League is weird. Both rebirth issue and this number one felt like just a chaotic rundown of the heroes dealing with a situation. I left this issue having nothing but questions but at the same time not really caring.

Weird Detective #2 was still OK but wasn't as good as the first issue. The whole attacking a cop and getting away by just pulling a badge thing really felt dumb though.

Messi

I loyally buy pretty much every Batman B&W statues as they come out, but damn idk about this one..

Free yourself of that need to buy statues you don't like. I have stopped doing it for Harley as it has become much more clear that they are just pumping out any Harley statues they can regardless of quality.

shingi70

Banned
apparently my wife wants to wear harley quinn clothes and see Suicie Squad?

have they started airing commercials for it on Bravo or did an alien body snatch my wife?

i mean, i'm not complaining.... 👀

white nationalism?

The movie seems to have tapped into what made gotg so popular. It shows that BvS as polarizing it is may have been a bit of a misstep and should have lightened up a bit.

Messi

apparently my wife wants to wear harley quinn clothes and see Suicie Squad?

have they started airing commercials for it on Bravo or did an alien body snatch my wife?

i mean, i'm not complaining.... 👀

white nationalism?

Dat 4th pillar doing work.

Is Comixology Unlimited worth it?

Didn't see any replies for this. I'd vote no, except for a circumstance where your exposure to comics is extremely limited. It's not something like Netflix. It's basically only going to have the first handful of issues for most stuff. It has nothing from Marvel or DC to my knowledge.

If you want to sample a lot of Dark Horse or Image stuff, you might find it useful. Any series you decide to stick with will still cost money. If nothing else, run your free trial and see what you think.

For anyone who has been in comics for a decent amount of time, I don't think it's worth it.

Free yourself of that need to buy statues you don't like. I have stopped doing it for Harley as it has become much more clear that they are just pumping out any Harley statues they can regardless of quality.

Right, Yeah there have been a couple B&W's that I have passed on. So it is possible...

Hmm, maybe. I did pick up all of sandman at the last big sale. I was also considering The Invisibles, but am worried about how Morrison-y it may be. I find some of his stuff sort of impenetrable. I'm a little worried about that with Doom Patrol, too, to be honest.

get doom patrol, do not get the invisibles

Hmm, maybe. I did pick up all of sandman at the last big sale. I was also considering The Invisibles, but am worried about how Morrison-y it may be. I find some of his stuff sort of impenetrable. I'm a little worried about that with Doom Patrol, too, to be honest.
The Invisibles is his definitive work. I'm not saying it's his best, but it is the most Grant Morrison.

Doom Patrol is very weird, but I can't recommend it highly enough. I thought it might be too weird also, but then a not-weird comic professional recommended it to me, and I loved it. One of the great DC runs. I think there's a lot there that anyone can connect to.

It doesn't get mentioned as often as other Morrison stuff, but don't sleep on We3. For a writer mostly known for concepts, We3 is highly empathetic and emotional. And of course Quitely is in top form.

Vic_Viper

Got my Deadly Class Dlx HC and Time Runs Out HC from IST. Deadly Class is alot bigger than I expected, which isnt a bad thing at all. But why did they do an oversized version for this and not East of West year one or either Lazarus books?

Is there a collected edition of Johns JSA run on Comixology and is Grayson vol. 3 part of the BOGO?

Cn-zZtuXYAAwZgD.jpg:large

That color.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
get doom patrol, do not get the invisibles

Get Doom Patrol

Sounds good.

It doesn't get mentioned as often as other Morrison stuff, but don't sleep on We3. For a writer mostly known for concepts, We3 is highly empathetic and emotional. And of course Quitely is in top form.

I've read We3, loved the art, loved the concept, had to fight through the way the animals speak a little bit, but still overall liked it.

Messi

Got my Deadly Class Dlx HC and Time Runs Out HC from IST. Deadly Class is alot bigger than I expected, which isnt a bad thing at all. But why did they do an oversized version for this and not East of West year one or either Lazarus books?

Is there a collected edition of Johns JSA run on Comixology and is Grayson vol. 3 part of the BOGO?

The creators of image books choose the trim/styling/size of their titles. So its on Remender and Craig. I love how it looks though.

Ross61

Rich is reporting that DC is killing off
Tim Drake
. Please remember that this is Rich/Bleedingcool and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Messi

Rich is reporting that DC is killing of
Tim Drake
. Please remember that this is Rich/Bleedingcool and shouldn't be taken seriously.

You should spoiler that even if that dick is posting it. Most of us don't go on Bleeding Cool.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The movie seems to have tapped into what made gotg so popular. It shows that BvS as polarizing it is may have been a bit of a misstep and should have lightened up a bit.

yeah, it seems to be hitting the same crossover vein that Deadpool & Guardians of the Galaxy hit

i really hope it's good as those 2

Dat 4th pillar doing work.

i mean, they're not wrong. she's way more popular than i ever understood.

Messi

i mean, they're not wrong. she's way more popular than i ever understood.

I absolutely believe she is the 4th pillar. I am not joking. I was more playing with whoever took offence to me saying it recently. :p

She is HUGELY popular. This new movie is going to make her waaaaay more popular too.

Vic_Viper

Got JSA 1-20, a couple issues of Grayson I was missing, and the first 6 issues of Outsiders and Checkmate. Damn these sales are killing my wallet.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone explain to me why Francis Manapul is spending SDCC making art with cereal?

I know the short answer is money, but what a waste of talent.

SMT is not like Sandman at all. It is more in the vein of Starman than Sandman. Classic super-hero stuff with a lot of social commentary.

I pretty much dislike everything about Harley Quinn, from her back story, to her aesthetic, to how she went from a bit player villain to front and center in the DC universe. She does nothing for me.

And even I recognize how huge she is. DC isn't shoehorning her into everything to "make her work." They're just giving people what they want. They said she was the fourth pillar during the Rebirth announcement. I'd argue that she's actually their second pillar now, right behind Batman.

Any success that Suicide Squad has should be credited to her popularity and morbid curiosity about Leto Joker. Nobody outside of comic book fans knows a single other character on that team. Harley will put butts in seats. It's up to Warner Bros to do the rest.

Owzers

Exclusive these days means not Marvel.

Sillymonkey my store was invoiced for Zatanna's action figure so she will be out this week.

That's great, i should get it in my next dcbs shipment perhaps and then i can take a picture of it and explain why the paint job is awful.

Top Bottom