• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Sucks that Marvel won't show the Guardians 2 footage online when DC is already showing some Justice League stuff. Hopefully they still have some other cool shit they're willing to put up on Youtube.

Sandfox

Marvel is supposed to be showing off footage from a new show soon.

After being asked about Jubilee's baby from an alternate reality, Quesada joked that "Nothing Bendis writes is canon."
Rider fans everywhere cheer.

Einchy

The only suit that I think looks kinda crappy is the Aquaman costume, I kinda like this one more.
N563xK2l.jpg

Wait what?

If you mean the Guardian 2 part, they're showing some Guardians 2 related footage later tonight but it's only being shown to the people in Hall H. If we do see it, it'll be because someone snuck some footage, so here's hoping for some 320p blurry Youtube video.

JTripper

Kinda wanna see a new Doc Strange trailer. I'd like to see him in magical action.

Also, if there's one thing I like so far about the new DCCU, it's the scores and soundtracks. I actually like BvS's despite WW's theme being hokey, though who knows with the new movie it might grow on me.

Potatoes are back? Goddammit Marvel.

Yeah, it sucks. I don't want to see the footage in shitty cam format.

If SDCC offered a pass to watch the panels online, I'd bite depending on if the price wasn't obscene. I mean, I'm never going to get to actually go for many reasons.

Einchy

James Gunn says they don't want to show any footage because it wouldn't hold up to repeat viewing since it was early but fans don't give a single fuck about that, the footage could seriously just be dudes in green suits with a huge "WORK IN PROGRESS' stamped over everything and everyone would still go nuts.

WB did amazing with the Justice League tease/trailer.

Sadist

Secret Wars Too had some good jokes about the inner workings of Marvel IIRC.
Oh wasn't that the story where Hickman gets pestered by Doom? That was pretty funny, especially when "Doom doesn't eat the dog" when he's offered a hotdog by Hickman hehe.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no Marvel trailers besides TV stuff?

no Strange trailer (out in november), no Guardians 2 teaser, no nothing?

Einchy

Do you guys ever get some comics and can't bring yourself to get into them even though you really wanna read them? I've had The Metabarons since Tuesday and finally read the first chapter last night, anyway, the art was fucking amazing. I especially love Juan Giménez's designs, all the spaceships and armor are beautiful, would love to see this get made into a movie.

Do you guys ever get some comics and can't bring yourself to get into them even though you really wanna read them?

All. The. Time.

It's why I've moved to only getting comics when I actually want to read them right this second. I haven't felt too motivated to read much of anything lately, just Tomasi/Gleason Superman and the odd chapter of My Hero Academia recently.

ElNarez

Banned
But didn't they already reprint Gaimans work? Are they talking about scratched unreleased work or something?

They were supposed to reprint The Silver Age, including the issues that were completed but never published, and then they just didn't say a word about it until today. Which is messed up. Because, this is legit comics history in the making. You published the old-ass rejected Morrison script and you're not gonna commit to the one thing people really want?

They were supposed to reprint The Silver Age, including the issues that were completed but never published, and then they just didn't say a word about it until today. Which is messed up. Because, this is legit comics history in the making. You published the old-ass rejected Morrison script and you're not gonna commit to the one thing people really want?
Cool! Yea I remember reading years ago about Gaimans follow up books that got canned. I didn't know how far it got or if it was really complete.

Top Bottom