• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Cool trailers, I'd say of those I'm most looking forward to Lego Batman, then Wonder Woman.

I'll see Suicide Squad and am cautiously optimistic, but I feel like Zacky boy's already burned me twice, so I'm pretty much out on Justice League unless it reviews really well.

Kong also looks pretty cool, I liked that poster.

Can't wait for the Marvel shaky cams.

Interesting note comparing that Inh vs X pic to the latest solicits: Medusa
has a full head of hair. I guess it grows back fast. I actually expected her to be out of the picture for awhile.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Should I read that weird ass Legion series?

Sandfox

From the concepts. Legends of Tomorrow season 2 is shaping up to be a ton of fun. The big bad premise sounds awesome and I love all of the new announced
JSA members
!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/watch-legends-of-tomorrow-serves-up-sizzle-reelseason-2-tease-from-sdcc

Season 1 was rocky but showed promise. Hope it comes together in this one

That Legion of Doom lineup is lame.

Interesting note comparing that Inh vs X pic to the latest solicits: Medusa
has a full head of hair. I guess it grows back fast. I actually expected her to be out of the picture for awhile.
I think that was supposed to be symbolism of her repenting.

tim1138

So the inhumans and the mutants are going to try to literally exterminate each other and the Avengers are just going to stay out of it?? smdh if true Marvel

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I will take the overwhelming silence as Legion being a pass then :3

Thinking about it, this is the third FF series that I am reading and I love all three of them. (Hickman, then Simonson and now Lee/Kirby).

#trailers

Lego Batman > Wonder Woman > King Kong > Justice League > that fuckin' Guy Ritchie King Arthur thing

%s/King Kong/Fantastic Beasts and I'm there.

Vibranium

Banned
I feel pretty excited for DC's movies, I liked some parts of BvS a lot and I'm not the sort to complain about costumes or CGI. I think I'm trying to be way less cynical than a lot of people on the internet. Maybe it's because I don't put much stock into trailers.

I wish Green Arrow was in Justice League. Maybe in 5 years.

Thinking about it, this is the third FF series that I am reading and I love all three of them. (Hickman, then Simonson and now Lee/Kirby).

%s/King Kong/Fantastic Beasts and I'm there.
You should check out Waids run. It's really really good. It was my favorite run until Hickman took that spot.

I've grown to really love the FF. On the surface they don't seem like much but it's a book that's really unique. Not much like it out there.....well except Planetary ;)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
#trailers

Lego Batman > Wonder Woman > King Kong > Justice League > that fuckin' Guy Ritchie King Arthur thing

Man, lots of people are down on King Arthur, feels like I'm one of the few who actually liked it. I'm just happy that we're getting some more fantasy films, there aren't a lot of those, and the few that there are tend to be shitty.

Man, lots of people are down on King Arthur, feels like I'm one of the few who actually liked it. I'm just happy that we're getting some more fantasy films, there aren't a lot of those, and the few that there are tend to be shitty.

a few people think its fun, but I hate Guy Ritchie. His directorial style is so obnoxious to me

You should check out Waids run. It's really really good. It was my favorite run until Hickman took that spot.

I've grown to really love the FF. On the surface they don't seem like much but it's a book that's really unique. Not much like it out there.....well except Planetary ;)

Man I love Waid's run so much. Hickman's run is great and all but Unthinkable is still my favorite Fantastic Four story.

Man I love Waid's run so much. Hickman's run is great and all but Unthinkable is still my favorite Fantastic Four story.

For some reason, I had assumed Waid's FF run was in the Ultimate universe. Will definitely put it on my list.

I wonder if it is available in an omnibus or oversized hardcover.

For some reason, I had assumed Waid's FF run was in the Ultimate universe. Will definitely put it on my list.

I'm not sure they're still in print. But at one time they released it all 4 in four oversized hardcovers.

They seem out of print but the paperback versions appear to be available

I'm not sure they're still in print. But at one time they released it all 4 in four oversized hardcovers.

They seem out of print but the paperback versions appear to be available

I see that Straczynski, Fraction and Robinson have had FF runs too. Would you rate any of them?

I see that Straczynski, Fraction and Robinson have had FF runs too. Would you rate any of them?
Only one worth reading is Fraction. But it's I found it only to be ok. He wrote two books at the same time. Fantastic four and FF. The FF book was much stronger and then they interwieved in the end. But not something I'd put higher than the others you have read or Waid.

Black Panther movie spoilers from Marvel Panel.

omg Lupita is Nakia.

omg2 Jordan is Killmonger

Thor Ragnarok movie spoilers from Marvel Panel.

Surtur!!!

Only one worth reading is Fraction. But it's I found it only to be ok. He wrote two books at the same time. Fantastic four and FF. The FF book was much stronger and then they interwieved in the end. But not something I'd put higher than the others you have read or Waid.

Thanks! Will try to find the Waid HCs first. Will be some way out though. Still have 2.5+ Lee/Kirby omnibuses to go.

I have the oversized hardcovers for Waid's FF if you're interested. I've since replaced them with digital versions and just haven't gotten around to selling them.

Owzers

Finished Batman vs Superman!

What did i just watch?

Observations:

The movie went on forever.
It reminded me of World War Z that it just seemed cobbled together without focus
I don't think they did a very good job setting up the Batman vs Superman fight
Luthor kinda seemed Jokerish.
Doomsday looked like a cave troll
His final form boss fight had horrendous music in the background.
Too many posing for the camera shots during that whole ending fight scene.
That was another " Hey batman, i need to talk to you! punch punch punch" comic book thing that i dislike.
Bruce's dream scenario was more interesting than the movie

I really liked a few parts of it, some great Batman action and i liked Superman going to a congressional hearing but the explosion was fairly predictable. Wonder Woman did seem to be just stuck into the movie.

Sooooooooooooooooo i dunno. It was an experience all right.

Interview with Priest at SDCC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEIuE5WHbvE

I have the oversized hardcovers for Waid's FF if you're interested. I've since replaced them with digital versions and just haven't gotten around to selling them.

Cool. Sent you a PM.

Plus That sweet art from the late great Mike Wieringo

And Strange trailer is hyyyyyype! Inception 2. Let's do this! (He still needs to do the mystic hand gesture)

Dat Strange trailer was trippy as fuck yo

Yeah Strange is gonna be a fucking groovy movie.

This moment in the trailer! (5mb gif)

http://i.imgur.com/V0e4btq.gif

Rhaknar

Brie Larson confirmed as Carol

Kurt Russel plays
Ego The Living Planet
in GotG Vol.2 lolwhut

I want Doctor Strange all over me.

Seriously, I'm in the mood for some mind-bending, MC Escher esque, psychedelic magic. I hope I'm with a stoner crowd.

Top Bottom