• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Messi

Neither confirmed. Harper's brother is gay, but I don't think we've seen Harper herself express any kind of attraction towards anybody (could be wrong tho). Definitely did feel the chemistry between her and Cass, but could just be friendship.

I felt that page was an emotional connection between the two. To add to that the issue was written excellently by Genevieve Valentine who also wrote Catwoman as bi.

JTripper

B&R Eternal Vol 1 was fun but does it deliver in the second half? Gotta pick it up anyway and finish it off.

I got my eye on the Alan Brennert Batman collection that just released and Road to No Man's Land Vol 2 even though I'm kind of tired of reading 90s Batman.

Messi

B&R Eternal Vol 1 was fun but does it deliver in the second half? Gotta pick it up anyway and finish it off.

I got my eye on the Alan Brennert Batman collection that just released and Road to No Man's Land Vol 2 even though I'm kind of tired of reading 90s Batman.

I actually just picked up Vol 2 from my collection to read. Read Vol 1 yesterday and loved it. Mother is such a fucked up character. I love that it is a small scale story about the Robin's.

JTripper

I actually just picked up Vol 2 from my collection to read. Read Vol 1 yesterday and loved it. Mother is such a fucked up character. I love that it is a small scale story about the Robin's.

That was what drew me to it too. Centering on the Robins, especially Dick, is great. The chemistry between Tim/Jason and Harper/Cassandra is so much fun.

Owzers

Bruce Wayne in BvsS would vote Trump and you should too.

Also chose The Paybacks from Dark Horse to be my sale purchase, heard good things about it and it ended up on a list.

Those Doom Patrol covers
370MQn9.png

Think this is my favorite:

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The Hunt #1 - Ireland. Soul sucking monster demon. Weird girl who see's stuff. Weird lady who knows stuff. Not bad. Will keep reading for now.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
We're there no book announcements from Marvel outside of the Inhumanzzz vs X-Men stuff? Still nothing about America or anything with any LGBT characters?

TheFlow

Banned
Neither confirmed. Harper's brother is gay, but I don't think we've seen Harper herself express any kind of attraction towards anybody (could be wrong tho). Definitely did feel the chemistry between her and Cass, but could just be friendship.
I was coming I here to type this same thing. Only Harper brother and batwoman atm

Sandfox

David talked about Spider-Man 2099, saying that Miguel O'Hara will venture back to the future to find the Captain America of 2099, and will find a Civil War happening there as well. All the major 2099 characters will appear, including Punisher, Ravage, the X-Men, Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Moon Knight, and more. "We've pretty much got everybody."
Well this could be interesting.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Paul Pope did a beautiful cover for some Attack on Titan thing.
Why doesn't this man have an ongoing or at least do more graphic novels? Lots two things he has released were just written by him.
2mAQKSk.png

I bet the Wyatts win tonight vs. New Day. I have a good feeling about this one.

They probably will, the tag belts are not on the line. The last time that happened was WrestleMania, New Day lost there as well. I thought they might break the New Day up, but considering they are getting their own cereal, that's probably not going to happen now.

I think I am out for awhile though. I'll watch NXT and Cruiserweight Classic but having to watch five hours of mediocre product every week to see the people I care about is a reluctant but very hard pass. Those new logos were the final straw, as someone who has done graphic design modules I was actually offended. There are actually things I want to watch on TV coming up like the new Voltron, Star Trek: Discovery and a few others. Watching bad wrestling just makes me grumpy.

VIaEmUsL.gif

Owzers

You're going to miss the Finn Balor/Chris Jericho feud. I've been watching Raw for the first 25 minutes then switch over to Overwatch after the disappointment kicks in.

You're going to miss the Finn Balor/Chris Jericho feud.

I hate to rag on a fellow Irishman, but I've really cooled on Balor over the last year. I thought the match against Owens where he won the NXT Championship was fantastic, but I think a lot of that was how it was presented with the trappings of Japanese wrestling. Also Owens was fantastic as the heel, right down to throwing the flowers away:

I was massively hyped for their ladder match at NXT Brooklyn, but Bae-ley and Sasha blew them away on the night (when Bae-ley, Sasha, Charlotte and Steampunk Senpai Becky hugged....I cry erry time). Ever since, I feel like everything exciting in NXT has been happening away from the main event. Joe has been ready for the main roster for at least six months. Nakamura shouldn't even have had to go to NXT, he's been ready since the start especially if they got Heyman to manage him. I felt there was a bit of an agenda with the NXT draft picks, almost everyone who was drafted was "home grown" in the Perfomance Center. It makes no sense to be calling up people like Nia Jax, the waste of space that is Mojo Rawley or, as much as I like them, American Alpha when you have Shinsuke Nakamura, Austin Aries, Samoa Joe and The Mighty Don't Kneel in developmental.

As far as Jericho, he has lost multiple steps at this stage, which sucks as he is one of my all-time favourites. I appreciate how he reinvents himself time and again but it's been getting less revolutionary each time. He's still playing a variant of his 2008-09 heel run and it's not half as clever as he thinks it is. He's still a solid hand but I skip his stuff now. It doesn't feel must-see.

Sandfox

A fan said he bought a low quality copy of Amazing Fantasy #15, the first appearance of Spider-Man at the convention. "That's one more copy than I have!" quipped David.
Ok so which one of you guys is this?

Is this a Giant Bomb thread?

It is in my heart.

Who was publishing them before? Not someone nearly as reputable.

SuperGenius. Those were some weird ass comics. Never forget they published this cover while the Hickman Secret Wars were going on::

ComicsAlliance's write up of #1 is pretty good: http://comicsalliance.com/wwe-superstars-1-comic-book-review/

SG also had to pulp the whole trade run of the first trade because WWE wanted CM Punk taken out.

Sandfox

So I reading an interview for IvX and they reveal that
scumbag Beast
is going to be the one that sparks the conflict lol.

Top Bottom