• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Marvel NOW is probably gonna rake in sales in general.

I think you mean Marvel BROKEN NOW:
574f1c09c992f.jpg

Inhumans vs. X-Men: The Final Deletion
"Look, a dilapidated franchise!"

Megatron

Thinking of getting forever evil in either hc or sc. They are essentially the same price thanks to the barnes and nobel b2g1 sale. Do you guys precer hardcovers or soctcovers generally? For collections like the snyder batman, I buy them all the same format so they look good on the book shelf, but a one off like this can be either.

Thinking of getting forever evil in either hc or sc. They are essentially the same price thanks to the barnes and nobel b2g1 sale. Do you guys precer hardcovers or soctcovers generally? For collections like the snyder batman, I buy them all the same format so they look good on the book shelf, but a one off like this can be either.
Everyone in here loves dust jackets so they'd recommend the hardcover.

my picks for this week

International Iron Man #5
Titans #1

Wonder Woman #3
Action Comics #960
Star Wars: The Force Awakens #2

Jupiter's Legacy 2 #1
Ultracat #2
Spider-Gwen #10
Totally Awesome Hulk #9

Savage Dragon #215
East of West #28
X-O Manowar #48

Flash #3
Outcast #19
Red Hood And The Outlaws Rebirth #1

GI Joe A Real American Hero #230
October Faction #18
Detective Comics #937
Strawberry Shortcake #4

Suiciders: Kings of Hella #5
Autumnlands: Tooth & Claw #12
Killbox #4
Elfquest Final Quest #15

Comic-GAF, you just got Holtzmanned.

Neoxon

I think you mean Marvel BROKEN NOW:

Inhumans vs. X-Men: The Final Deletion
"Look, a dilapidated franchise!"
As stated before, the X-Men aren't really in any danger within the comics. If anything, the way Marvel Comics have been playing up the conflict is too obvious. I have a good feeling that both the X-Men & the Inhumans will walk away from the event.

Ah ok. I should read some X-Men but I'm not interested in the teams for the life of me.
To each their own. I'm mainly gonna read it just to find out what happened to Adult Cyclops.

I've never been outer.

If IvX is their Marvel Now X-plan than I will be X-Team free probably til '18.
Marvel's still gonna be printing X-Books, they'll just not be part of the Marvel NOW relaunch (Death of X aside).

*Caveat: We pulled all this data entirely from two days worth of sales from six brick and mortar stores, and have no earthly clue what the actual sales of any of these titles was. We have no way to track digital sales, like at all.

Lol. I first thought they were getting some early Diamond numbers. Then I saw their "methodology".

Aceun

So after thinking about this a little bit more, I'm excited to see where this all goes.

I mean, this is clearly Marvel capitalizing on the neurosis that there is a conspiracy out there to kill the X-men because of some corporate overlords trying to reign in profits made from mainstream audiences.

However, this is comics. Not the movies, nor the toys and although all those markets have some semblance influence over each other, where comics have found the most success is in the stories they tell.

I think there is a completely valid and compelling story to tell. What happens when the oppressed (the most common modern analogy for the X-men) meet the feared (what could be a very compelling analogy for the Inhumans)? Although they have more in common, there is a distinction that could lead to some awesome storytelling.

If only they could figure out a way to create someone who is both an inhuman and a mutant...

tim1138

On the occasion I do buy stuff I print, I don't sweat the format. Whatever is available and affordable.

Catching up on books right now and is it just me or is Green Lantern way too busy from a layout standpoint? The story is ok but it s all over the place visually.

I need a DC comic at around £13.99 to buy with Dmz book 5. I would like it to be a one off book. Is earth one wonder woman any good?
It's kinda disappointing taken on its own, but it's a solid first chapter if they actually follow through and do more volumes. I would recommend people read it if/when those subsequent volumes arrive and not by itself now.

If you want a good one-off book from DC, get that Dini/Risso Dark Night book.

It's kinda disappointing taken on its own, but it's a solid first chapter if they actually follow through and do more volumes. I would recommend people read it if/when those subsequent volumes arrive and not by itself now.

If you want a good one-off book from DC, get that Dini/Risso Dark Night book.

Di you mean the other DMZ books? As I've already bought those.

My pick as well.

Thank ks for the suggestions. I went with all star Superman as I like to save as much as possible haha but I actually have only ever read death of Superman and figured I should actually try and read some more of his comics.

I will definitely try and check out Dark Night in the future as the set up sounds very unique. Would I need to know the back story of the creator to get the most out of the book?

Thank ks for the suggestions. I went with all star Superman as I like to save as much as possible haha but I actually have only ever read death of Superman and figured I should actually try and read some more of his comics.

I will definitely try and check out Dark Night in the future as the set up sounds very unique. Would I need to know the back story of the creator to get the most out of the book?

Not really, Dini goes into his background in the early part of the book. Everything up to him working on Tiny Toon Adventures is kind of brief but you get the gist of things.

Top Bottom