• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

I actually usually come here for 5 weeks with one at my own expense. But can't due to NYCC this year. We all get 4 weeks paid vacation here if you are full time employed. USA folks don't? Most seem very taken back by the thought of that much time off when I mention it.

Pretty rare in the US. I get four weeks in the military, and most government jobs seem to hover in the 2-4 week range. White collar stuff typically starts at a week or two and you build up as you work with the company.

A lot of old buddies working blue collar or retail jobs don't have any paid leave. No work, no money. It's a garbage system and they understandably don't take many (or any) vacation days.

Don't get me started on maternity leave...

PsychBat!

Banned
CoGe4aeXYAA6afa.jpg

TheFlow

Banned
Just got a job at fed ex where we get 2 week paid vacation and holiday pay+ the day off. It is a god send after being an server for a year

List!
Action Comics #960 - last chance!
Archie #10
Detective Comics #937
1nZuuPz.gif
NIGHTWING #1
1nZuuPz.gif

Titans #1
Wonder Woman #3

Maaaaaaybe!
Batgirl #1 - solely for Albuquerque
Hal Jordan and the Long Title #1

Aceun

Yay list time! Super intense week. Welp:

Titans #1
Nightwing #1
Wonder Woman #3
Action Comics #960

Steve Cap #3
Ms. Marvel #9
ANAD Avengers #12
Black Panther #4
Captain Marvel #7
Civil War #4
Thor #9
Totally Awesome Hulk #9

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a job at fed ex where we get 2 week paid vacation and holiday pay+ the day off. It is a god send after being an server for a year

Nice! Congrats.

List:
Archie 10
Nightwing 1
East of West 28 (that last Image sale got me up to date on a few things I've never actually read in singles.)
ANAD Avengers 12
Black Panther 4
Cap Steve 3
Civil War II 4
Mighty Thor 9
Mockingbird 5
Ms Marvel 9
Squirrel Girl 10

ElNarez

Banned
my picks for this week

International Iron Man #5
Titans #1

Wonder Woman #3
Action Comics #960
Star Wars: The Force Awakens #2

Jupiter's Legacy 2 #1
Ultracat #2
Spider-Gwen #10
Totally Awesome Hulk #9

Savage Dragon #215
East of West #28
X-O Manowar #48

Flash #3
Outcast #19
Red Hood And The Outlaws Rebirth #1

GI Joe A Real American Hero #230
October Faction #18
Detective Comics #937
Strawberry Shortcake #4

Suiciders: Kings of Hella #5
Autumnlands: Tooth & Claw #12
Killbox #4
Elfquest Final Quest #15

TheFlow

Banned
Nice! Congrats.

List:
Archie 10
Nightwing 1
East of West 28 (that last Image sale got me up to date on a few things I've never actually read in singles.)
ANAD Avengers 12
Black Panther 4
Cap Steve 3
Civil War II 4
Mighty Thor 9
Mockingbird 5
Ms Marvel 9
Squirrel Girl 10
Nice. I need to catch up on Archie but no sale so far :/. Issues are 4 bucks a pop still

*Caveat: We pulled all this data entirely from two days worth of sales from six brick and mortar stores, and have no earthly clue what the actual sales of any of these titles was. We have no way to track digital sales, like at all.

Marvel's official response: "Let's talk sales of these Rebirth books in six months."

my picks for this week

What is going on here? Did you jumble your list through a randomizer? I'm trying to go all A Beautiful Mind here and coming up empty.

Sandfox

*Caveat: We pulled all this data entirely from two days worth of sales from six brick and mortar stores, and have no earthly clue what the actual sales of any of these titles was. We have no way to track digital sales, like at all.

Marvel's official response: "Let's talk sales of these Rebirth books in six months."

What is going on here? Did you jumble your list through a randomizer? I'm trying to go all A Beautiful Mind here and coming up empty.

I would be pretty upset if Marvel copied the Rebirth business model.

I would be pretty upset if Marvel copied the Rebirth business model.

You mean bimonthly? I'd agree there. If you mean a back to the basics approach, I wouldn't favor that. If you mean a relaunch with a ton of #1s flying off the shelf, we're already there, fam.

Am I gonna have to spell it out? These are my picks, from the comics coming up this week, for god's sake.

That part I get. Did you randomly copy and paste them from a list or something? I couldn't figure out your system. They aren't alphabetical, they aren't sorted by publisher, and there's random spacing between titles. Are these like your tiers for the week?

I'm not smart enough for your list.

ElNarez

Banned
You mean bimonthly? I'd agree there. If you mean a back to the basics approach, I wouldn't favor that. If you mean a relaunch with a ton of #1s flying off the shelf, we're already there, fam.

That part I get. Did you randomly copy and paste them from a list or something? I couldn't figure out your system. They aren't alphabetical, they aren't sorted by publisher, and there's random spacing between titles. Are these like your tiers for the week?

it's not that complicated, if you just look

Sandfox

You mean bimonthly? I'd agree there. If you mean a back to the basics approach, I wouldn't favor that. If you mean s relaunch with a ton of #1s flying off the shelf, we're already there, fam.

I was talking about bimonthly and the going back to basics thing.

ElNarez

Banned
some people think I would read Valiant books and like, that's on them man

beats me why people suck, they just do their thing

TheFlow

Banned
my picks for this week

International Iron Man #5
Titans #1

Wonder Woman #3
Action Comics #960
Star Wars: The Force Awakens #2

Jupiter's Legacy 2 #1
Ultracat #2
Spider-Gwen #10
Totally Awesome Hulk #9

Savage Dragon #215
East of West #28
X-O Manowar #48

Flash #3
Outcast #19
Red Hood And The Outlaws Rebirth #1

GI Joe A Real American Hero #230
October Faction #18
Detective Comics #937
Strawberry Shortcake #4

Suiciders: Kings of Hella #5
Autumnlands: Tooth & Claw #12
Killbox #4
Elfquest Final Quest #15
Wait was there really an order to this list?

Top Bottom