• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Tom.

Had Robbie sales rivaled that of Kamala, he would still have an ongoing. Silk is lucky because her sales are good enough to keep going.

But yeah, the diverse thing rings hollow when Runaways or Young Avengers are split apart and what happened to the Academy kids after Undercover?
Silk could be next if her book is cancelled. The only reason it's not is so she can apart of another Spider event.

Hagi

I'm glad I caught the tail end of the BOGO DC sale on comixology because I only had enough money to 29 issues of the current Harley series. :X

Bought a bunch of Rebirth books I was interested in following as well and so far Detective Comics is pretty damn good. I don't really have much experience with Kate so what happened in the recent issue didn't leave much of an impression but I do enjoy the dynamic of the team. It's especially nice to see Cass and Clayface in an ongoing. Will definitely keep up with this. Read Superman as well and yup it's as good as I thought it would be coming from that team. Will probably end up as my favourite of the Rebirth books. Still have all current Batman and Green Arrow issues to read and that's me.

Sandfox

Tom.

Had Robbie sales rivaled that of Kamala, he would still have an ongoing. Silk is lucky because her sales are good enough to keep going.

But yeah, the diverse thing rings hollow when Runaways or Young Avengers are split apart and what happened to the Academy kids after Undercover?

IMO Those groups should stay gone unless they are 100% the same teams and that would be regression for some for the few that made it out. I defintely want to see the characters appear in other books though, including solos.

Idk if your being sarcastic but DC is winning them back.

Hm, true. Once they reveal who the father is it's all over.
DC is the Republicans of comics confirmed.

Also, they did the father reveal a long time ago.

They already did,
SPERM DONOR #1465

I'm still expecting the donor to be either a villian or something.

Sandfox

Marvel is weird because I see they're making a lot of good changes and fixing issues from ANAD, but missing obvious things at the same time(at least until they prove otherwise).

Looks like this got overlooked. Quantum Mechanix doing a bunch of new Q-Fig pieces...

sdcc2016-qmx-32-noscale.jpg
sdcc2016-qmx-24-noscale.jpg

sdcc2016-qmx-29-noscale.jpg
sdcc2016-qmx-26-noscale.jpg

sdcc2016-qmx-27-noscale.jpg
sdcc2016-qmx-22-noscale.jpg

Sandfox

Marvel gave 2 books to GUNMEN, at least with Hyperion and Nighthawk, there's a reason they got books. Even Black Knight.

Those books actually have amazing creative teams that fit the books, but they are probably going to end up selling low unless something crazy happens.

The fact that Nighthawk is obviously going to be cancelled upsets me.

mreddie

Those books actually have amazing creative teams that fit the books, but they are probably going to end up selling low unless something crazy happens.

The fact that Nighthawk is obviously going to be cancelled upsets me.

Nighthawk was planned as a mini...then, all of the books were minis.

Sandfox

Nighthawk was planned as a mini...then, all of the books were minis.

It'll make for an amazing trade recommendation at least. I'm glad Walker already has a larger profile book lined up in Occupy Avengers and the description he gave at Comic-Con hits every note with me.

Okay, so my total haul from SDCC sales was...

Monstress #2-5
Dark Night: A True Batman Story
Perez Wonder Woman #8-25

Not bad a bad haul for being unemployed.

Messi

I'm glad I caught the tail end of the BOGO DC sale on comixology because I only had enough money to 29 issues of the current Harley series. :X

Bought a bunch of Rebirth books I was interested in following as well and so far Detective Comics is pretty damn good. I don't really have much experience with Kate so what happened in the recent issue didn't leave much of an impression but I do enjoy the dynamic of the team. It's especially nice to see Cass and Clayface in an ongoing. Will definitely keep up with this. Read Superman as well and yup it's as good as I thought it would be coming from that team. Will probably end up as my favourite of the Rebirth books. Still have all current Batman and Green Arrow issues to read and that's me.

Harley will have a $1 per issue cmx sale in two weeks to promote her rebirth book

Bii

SDCC just closed so I went to my shuttle, got on, and started to zone out as I prepared myself to go back to my hotel. As more people boarded the bus, I move my backpack in case someone needs a seat. When someone finally sat next to me, we exchanged looks and immediately recognized one another.
130,000+ people, 4 days, multiple shuttle routes and I run into Serpentine! Hope you don't mind me posting this photo.

I spent more money this year than in previous years. Nothing on comics though.

frye

SDCC just closed so I went to my shuttle, got on, and started to zone out as I prepared myself to go back to my hotel. As more people boarded the bus, I move my backpack in case someone needs a seat. When someone finally sat next to me, we exchanged looks and immediately recognized one another.
130,000+ people, 4 days, multiple shuttle routes and I run into Serpentine! Hope you don't mind me posting this photo.

whoa

Yung Serp!

TheFlow

Banned

Woah! This is the best post of the month. So much awesomeness!! And man you guys look super young and this is coming from a 22 year old

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Read Silver Surfer #1. Yup its still fantastic and super cute and I want to hug Allred

frye

Woah! This is the best post of the month. So much awesomeness!! And man you guys look super young and this is coming from a 22 year old

well we don't call him Yung Serp for nothing! my dude just turned 13 this year and is finally entering adolescence

I really don't need to collect anything else but gawdamn I need some of those. Was there any further information on those like price or availability? I need that Thanos and Spider-Gwen.

They're about $50 each, and around 3-4" tall, I think. About the size of a Nendoroid. Release dates will vary. I know Thanos and Spider-Gwen are up for pre-order now at places like BigBadToyStore and Entertainment Earth. Both release in December.

Ponn

Banned
They're about $50 each, and around 3-4" tall, I think. About the size of a Nendoroid. Release dates will vary. I know Thanos and Spider-Gwen are up for pre-order now at places like BigBadToyStore and Entertainment Earth. Both release in December.

TANK YOU!! I guess it truly is Christmas in July then, for me, buying my own presents, for Christmas that is.

Top Bottom