• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Someone drew a penis on Henry Cavill's shirt.

y3XObuN.jpg

wKOzFPj.jpg

J3hgqVi.jpg

1i7wGe1.jpg
This is like the first time I've seen Cavill look like he's having a great time around nerds.
Imma be honest I don't understand what happened in the final 3-4 pages of Snotgirl #1:(
It's not that hard to piece together what she's possibly going through.

Why is it so difficult for some to understand that people like to experience the individual parts of a film in the context of actually watching the film?

That "I'll be an asshole if I want and you can leave if you don't like it" attitude is why we have a Republican party.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Why is it so difficult for some to understand that people like to experience the individual parts of a film in the context of actually watching the film?

That "I'll be an asshole if I want and you can leave if you don't like it" attitude is why we have a Republican party.

dude tell me about it

What is this in response to?

Owzers

Harley Quinn thread in OT. Spoils a really cool Easter egg right in the title.

Like, it's a cool enough thing that people think it needs its own thread, but then you're crazy if you say you would have rather learned about it by seeing the movie.

Movies are just a bunch of OT threads in a row anyways.

Messi

This is like the first time I've seen Cavill look like he's having a great time around nerds.

It's not that hard to piece together what she's possibly going through.

alcohol+pills+anxiety

I got that but are we supposed to believe that the other girl doesn't exist? She is just what lottie wants to be? And the girl being killed is that vision of herself going away as people seen her snotting? I'm so confused

Harper Row

Someone on here mentioned that I shouldn't dilute Secret Wars with all the tie-ins and they were right. So much mediocrity in there. Will read Secret Wars #1 through #9 and then maybe read the tie-ins later. This isn't like the Marvel Cosmic reading order at all. -_-

i still think it's ghostbusters

of course it is.

4cHGa4e.gif

I got that but are we supposed to believe that the other girl doesn't exist? She is just what lottie wants to be? And the girl being killed is that vision of herself going away as people seen her snotting? I'm so confused

Harper Row
Yeah, I'm thinking that or Shazam/some kind of Marvel Family book.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

For Snot Girl, I didn't read it as that.
The new allergy pills that she got were round, so I thought her new cool friend slipped on the pills and died. Now, that might have not actually happened, but I'm pretty sure Cool Girl is real.

tim1138

Simone wrote Gen13 way back in the way back so probably not that but a Wildstorm or Hannah Barbara book wouldn't surprise me. Would explain why she wouldn't just say its from DC.

Completely forgot about that run.
I hate that we have to wait until October to get the details on the Wildstorm stuff.

shingi70

Banned
Having a Facebook conversation about how Joker and Harley's relationship is portrayed and how it's a negative thing.

I defend Harley as a role model for people who survive domestic abuse of any kind, and the way she's built her own support system over the past few years.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Marvel Solicts are out, and the Blurb for Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme have Wiccan listed:

An ancient evil threatens to unravel the fabric of reality, and one Sorcerer Supreme may not be enough. Doctor Strange must unite past, present and future Sorcerers Supremes to stem the coming darkness – Merlin, the Ancient One, Wiccan, and more! But Strange should watch his back, not all of these Sorcerers have his best interests in mind… 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

The Rest

arkon

Someone on here mentioned that I shouldn't dilute Secret Wars with all the tie-ins and they were right. So much mediocrity in there. Will read Secret Wars #1 through #9 and then maybe read the tie-ins later. This isn't like the Marvel Cosmic reading order at all. -_-

That's the way I read it. Stuck to the main series and read any tie-ins that tickled my fancy. It's more than enough.

Marvel Solicts are out, and the Blurb for Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme have Wiccan listed:

The Rest

SG solicit time!

THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #13

RYAN NORTH (W)
ERICA HENDERSON (A/C)
CHAMPIONS VARIANT COVER BY TBA

• SOMEONE is taking over the continental United States, but Squirrel Girl is stuck in boring ol’ Canada! UH-OH.
• Canada’s not actually that boring, though: Did you know we have the world’s longest covered bridge, in Hartland, New Brunswick? It’s true! I’ve seen it!
• It’s pretty long, I GUESS.
• Anyway enough about Canada, we’re here to find out why you should buy this comic! REASONS INCLUDE: fights, teamwork, continental USA domination and a special guest star who you’ll find a TINY bit familiar? Everyone is at least a LITTLE bit into this guy and I cAN’T imagine you not being excited to discover who it is!
• Anyway, yeah, it’s Ant-Man.

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SDCC just closed so I went to my shuttle, got on, and started to zone out as I prepared myself to go back to my hotel. As more people boarded the bus, I move my backpack in case someone needs a seat. When someone finally sat next to me, we exchanged looks and immediately recognized one another.
130,000+ people, 4 days, multiple shuttle routes and I run into Serpentine! Hope you don't mind me posting this photo.

I spent more money this year than in previous years. Nothing on comics though.
this was awesome
well we don't call him Yung Serp for nothing! my dude just turned 13 this year and is finally entering adolescence

So proud of him, he's gonna do great in high school once he starts
lmao goddammit

I had a goddamn good time at SDCC, will probably make a bigger post later with my haul after I get off work (ayyy lmao at having to open) but until then, here's my commission from Ramon Villalobos of Hayato from MvC2

That's close to what I think is going on. Coolgirl is everything Lottie wishes to be to escape her personal hell of insecurity outside of her fashion blog persona. Coolgirl is on the issue 4 cover so I don't think she was a real person.

frye

according to Dark Horse's twitter, their Moebius set is gonna have art books too

still debating whether or not I should go all in on these since shit's gonna cost a fortune probably, but it's Moebius (in English!)

TheFlow

Banned
That's close to what I think is going on. Coolgirl is everything Lottie wishes to be to escape her personal hell of insecurity outside of her fashion blog persona. Coolgirl is on the issue 4 cover so I don't think she was a real person.
Wow I guess you and messi are on the right path.

I am going to re read it now.

Insane that in 76 years Roxane Gay is the first black Woman to write for marvel.

Article from a month ago about it.

http://www.ebony.com/entertainment-culture/marvel-riri-williams#axzz4F5hZFEDz

It makes me wonder how many Black Women have written for DC Comics, I'm assuming the number is low if not even zero.

What about artists?

according to Dark Horse's twitter, their Moebius set is gonna have art books too

still debating whether or not I should go all in on these since shit's gonna cost a fortune probably, but it's Moebius (in English!)

Only thing that might hold me back is the small size of the books.

oh shit, I didn't even know that was a thing? if it's not original size then that makes the decision a lot easier for me

The first solicit is for 8'' x 10''. If the originals are similar in size to other french comics (Asterix, Tin Tin, Adele Blanc-Sec, etc) I think they should be larger.

But then again, some of the paperbacks of his works I've seen on Amazon are listed as 8"x10".

Wow I guess you and messi are on the right path.

I am going to re read it now.

I mean when you think about it,
that whole dialogue exchange Coolgirl has with Lottie in the bathroom was suspicious. Coolgirl walks into the bathroom and is all calm and smirking and talking about Lottie's new nickname while being completely unphased from Lottie's panic attack.

Then again in Scott Pilgrim everyone turns into coins when defeated and it's presented as normal so O'Malley could be fucking with us.

Top Bottom