• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

What is this Avengers K about? 4 tpbs released means someone's buying it.

Old Vertigo was Image but with some much needed editorial oversight. Am excited for Young Animal.

TheFlow

Banned
DC is going to cancel that stuff ten minutes after they launch it, then those creators will all be doing books at Image.
Young animal will last longer than 2 marvel reboots at least so about an year lol

Doom patrol won't be going anywhere though for a long time. Writer too attached

I always knew those things were evil.
I like how Spidey is fighting six of them.
Alan Moore's Batman is an Essex boy.

"Oi, I gotta fookin kill you 'r You gotta kill me m8. Shit talk me mum nd mi fam nd u gonna git it m8. I swear on mi fookin life I swear ta fookin God ya pasty white koont.

1 v 1 me m8 I swear ta fookin God I wreck ya."
People keep typing like this and I can't stop laughing whilst trying to imitate it.
Arkham Origins did a much better job at retelling TKJ than the movie. Arkham Origins is underrated.
True statement that I wholeheartedly support.
Pretty sure it's on Netflix. You know what isn't on netflix? Disney Renaissance movies.
You sure? Hunchback of Notre Dame, Lilo and Stitch, Tarzan, and Pocahantas were all on there last time I checked. I think Hercules and Mulan are as well.
So I wanna get started on some books that I feel like I'm missing out on but don't know which one to begin with. And if Black Science is worth continuing.

Low
Lazarus
Sex
Sex Criminals
Velvet
Shutter
Tokyo Ghost
The Wicked + The Divine
Descender
Cry Havoc
Spread
Paper Girls
Nailbiter

I also gladly accept any recommendations explaining why I shouldn't read one or several of these.
Cry Havoc is weird as fuck. That's all I can offer.
happy birthday old-man zombine

in other news, Joelle Jones(Lady-Killer) is now OFFICIALLY DC Exclusive!

LauraBraga1.jpg
Is she with the CIA? Just like Tom King, renowned comic book writer and espionage artist?

Messi

Young animal will last longer than 2 marvel reboots at least so about an year lol

Doom patrol won't be going anywhere though for a long time. Writer too attached

If the sales aren't good then they don't care how attached a writer is to a property.

TheFlow

Banned
If the sales aren't good then they don't care how attached a writer is to a property.
That is why I give it two marvel reboots at least because even if sales are bad it will last at least a year.

I disliked Knight.

Constant Batmobile use soured me on it. Perhaps on a second playthrough I'll enjoy it more.
I still love the game, but the bat mobile was over used. Tank battles were a drag.

Just started Walt Simonson's Thor for the first time, pretty good stuff. Surprised at how good the art is, I'm usually pretty critical of 80's art.

Messi

DEADPOOL: WORLD’S GREATEST VOL. 4 - TEMPORARY INSANITATION TPB
Written by GERRY DUGGAN, CHARLES SOULE & DAVID WALKER
Penciled by ELMO BONDOC, PACO DIAZ LUQUE, JACOPO CAMAGNI & SCOTT KOBLISH
Cover by FRANCISCO HERRERA
Deadpool plays host to an epic crossover with Daredevil, Power Man and Iron Fist! When Wade Wilson takes a gig protecting a banker who betrayed his cartel partners, they seek the help of Assistant District Attorney Matt Murdock. In turn, he calls in Luke Cage and Danny Rand. That sounds like a recipe for one mega-violent, street-level, face-punching, gut-busting, kung-fuing, ninjitsuing crime story guaranteed to knock your teeth out! And for his next trick, the Merc with a Mouth tries to fix one of Doctor Strange’s messes! The Empirikul are waging a war on magic and wiping the fantastical from existence. And that includes Mrs. Deadpool, a.k.a. Shiklah! As the Empirikul forces lay siege to Monster Metropolis, Deadpool wades into battle alongside his most spellbinding friends! Collecting DEADPOOL (2015) #13 and DEADPOOL: LAST DAYS OF MAGIC #1.
120 PGS./Parental Advisory …$15.99
ISBN: 978-1-302-90091-5

This solicit loooool marvel come the fuck on. It's just the 4 issues in a single issue crossover they did for issue #13 of deadpool and one more issue. That issue was $8 I believe

Sandfox

Well Mockingbird will be getting at least 12 issues for the people who somehow like it.

This solicit loooool marvel come the fuck on. It's just the 4 issues in a single issue crossover they did for issue #13 of deadpool and one more issue. That issue was $8 I believe

And you would be mistaken lol.

Hey, the cover is made from thicker stock than regular comic covers. That shit don't pay for itself.

Owzers

SDCC cmx sale damage:

The Paybacks 1-4
The Fix 1-3

if there were more issues of Tokyo Ghost i'd continue on from my first trade with digital, but there's only two so why start now?

Rat Queens vol 3 seems iffy.

IDK, but Lady-Killer is about a housewife who's secretly an assassin for the CIA, so maybe she's speaking from experience
tumblr_mggz7aJr1e1rvxt8co1_500.gif

I disliked Knight.

Constant Batmobile use soured me on it. Perhaps on a second playthrough I'll enjoy it more.
Same. Also I died a little inside. The Riddler challenge should have ended with freeing Selina and the Deathstroke figt made me die a little inside
I still love the game, but the bat mobile was over used. Tank battles were a drag.
I loved the tank fights. Had an old school feel. Like BattleTanx for the N64
It's very skipable.
The Braga one-shot is good though.
Only Lilo and Stich and Tarzan are up. I checked last night. And Lilo and Stitch is a post-Renaissance movie.
Damn. Must have been recent. What about The Great Mouse Detective?

Great Mouse Detective was the second to last movie of the Dark Age.

that would Oliver & Company, 1988. Bottom five Disney animated studios film of all time.

Also the Great Moue Detective is good, I would put it around like Mulan and Bolt in the Disney animated movie tier list

TheFlow

Banned
that would Oliver & Company, 1988. Bottom five Disney animated studios film of all time.

Also the Great Moue Detective is good, I would put it around like Mulan and Bolt in the Disney animated movie tier list
Bottom 5? Boi if you don't get out of here with that bad taste

Top Bottom