• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Woohoo! Got an omni I've been wanting for a long time. Was able to procure it for $36.

iH996dU.jpg

VanWinkle is now going to tell me where he got that for $36 and why he didn't tell me when it was that price :(

Zombine

Banned
I never had any to begin with. Teased, beat up, called out.

High School was great if only because I was a face in the crowd, no one knew me.

Now I'm here and I just hate me.

Nah you're awesome bro. You know what you should do? Try to join a club. Not joking. Find something you like, try and join a local chapter, and go do whatever that is + drinking. You'll enjoy yourself and meet a lot of friends. My actual birthday was quiet because we went out over the weekend and I got black out drunk.

mreddie

Nah you're awesome bro. You know what you should do? Try to join a club. Not joking. Find something you like, try and join a local chapter, and go do whatever that is + drinking. You'll enjoy yourself and meet a lot of friends. My actual birthday was quiet because we went out over the weekend and I got black out drunk.

I just need a car, my old one broke down. Still haven't gotten the money to get a new one.

PsychBat!

Banned
Speaking of birthdays, I remember my 20th birthday. We got my dad out of the psych ward because he tried to OD after getting fired from his job. We were looking for a place to stay because the people who fired him didn't give us too long to look. When we were apartment hunting and explaining what I do for a living to the landlord (you know, to see if I made enough to afford the place) I made a mistake and when we got home, my dad erupted and beat me with his belt. This was back then when I was still afraid of him.

That would be five years ago tomorrow.

~yaaaay~

but whatever, happy birthday mreddie :D Hope you have a good one.

Owzers

O________O i lied about reading comics, i read 3 yesterday and that probably made 3 for the week. I've been playing Overwatch, lots and lots of overwatch.

Also, a remake of Cabin Fever hits dvd tmw. WHY?

kmfdmpig

Is she with the CIA? Just like Tom King, renowned comic book writer and espionage artist?

Tom King was in the CIA? I wonder why interviewers never asked him about that.

I would hope that Young Animals is kept going for a long time, but DCs track record with new imprints has been atrocious. Hopefully DC will recognize that Way, at least based on Umbrella Academy, has a chance of doing something pretty special and would keep him around and happy.

Really sorry to hear that, PsychBat. That sounds awful, but I'm glad you're in a much better place now.

VanWinkle

VanWinkle is now going to tell me where he got that for $36 and why he didn't tell me when it was that price :(

:( I got it on HPB.com. They sent me an email giving me a 30% off any book on their site a couple of weeks ago. Some third party seller on there was selling it for $56 plus $4 shipping. I took a risk trying the code since it was a third-party seller but it worked fine and came out to $36 after shipping.

mreddie

Speaking of birthdays, I remember my 20th birthday. We got my dad out of the psych ward because he tried to OD after getting fired from his job. We were looking for a place to stay because the people who fired him didn't give us too long to look. When we were apartment hunting and explaining what I do for a living to the landlord (you know, to see if I made enough to afford the place) I made a mistake and when we got home, my dad erupted and beat me with his belt. This was back then when I was still afraid of him.

That would be five years ago tomorrow.

~yaaaay~
but whatever, happy birthday mreddie :D Hope you have a good one.

What the fuck?

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Just got my shipping confirmation for my Rachel Rising Black Edition. I had to Google Abstract Studio to figure out what the fuck I bought.

shingi70

Banned
Saw killing Joke, and It's Just Sex.

The actual experience was cool with two documentaries before and after the movie.

Babs is Oracle at the end.

Boogiepop

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Just got my shipping confirmation for my Rachel Rising Black Edition. I had to Google Abstract Studio to figure out what the fuck I bought.

This reminds me: the Rachel Rising omni is on my upcoming potential buys list, but I know very little about it. I guess my big question is, would it make sense to buy it if I haven't even bought/read Strangers in Paradise yet? (It's on my IST wishlist and I'll get it eventually). Pretty much asking so I can make my decision if it ends up getting the 50% off from IST when it releases.

This reminds me: the Rachel Rising omni is on my upcoming potential buys list, but I know very little about it. I guess my big question is, would it make sense to buy it if I haven't even bought/read Strangers in Paradise yet? (It's on my IST wishlist and I'll get it eventually). Pretty much asking so I can make my decision if it ends up getting the 50% off from IST when it releases.

They're two different books. SiP isn't required reading for RR.

shingi70

Banned
Top Bottom