• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

I finally started watching Star Trek: The Original Series. I'm surprised how good and how smart it was, even from the very first episode.

(I'm referring to "The Cage", the pilot with Captain Pike.)

I'm going to pace myself with these, since they're stand-alone stories, and maybe do a few a week.

frye

IMG_1322.jpg

it's lit

Boogiepop

Not really. Gillen and Ewing's Loki left the story of 616 at the end of AoA and that's a fitting end for him. If there was ever a Loki omnibus it would be the Thor issues before Siege that Gillen did to set things up, JIM, YA and AoA(with the Original Sins story included).

@Older generations still watching superhero movies: My father is a weird case. He worked his way up to run the Scandinavia division of Warner Bros. for a decade and had a hand in getting movies like TDK and Superman Returns on screens while in his youth he ran the projectors and showed the earlier superhero movies. Nowadays he's done with them but still a fan to the point he bought a Superman t-shirt despite being in his 50's when I went to Midtown the first time.

Worst X-Man ever was decent enough.
Thanks, guys.

Albuquerque did the art for Batgirl this week? FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

New issue of Doctor Fate this week? FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ROM THE MOTHERFUCKING SPACE KNIGHT THIS WEEK? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Green Arrow #6 sneak peek, if someone's wondering whether they should click.1

How's your NYC trip going LordOfLore. Do anything interesting?
Been all over the island. Visited places from movies I like, went to Midtown Comics three times, took a boat around the island for two hours yesterday, bought some t-shirts and jeans, going to Empire State Building after dinner, walked in Central Park etc.

Leaving tomorrow afternoon so I'll probably not be in the thread much tomorrow.

What's worth grabbing in the Sonic and X-Men sales on CMX? Already have what I want from the Rebirth one.

paging our X-men historian Bkastrophe right now
I dunno about "historian," seeing as how I'm still a toddler, but if Whedon/Cassaday's Astonishing, Ellis' Astonishing (Ghost Box and Exogenetic), Kyle and Yost X-Force, Spurrier X-Force, Remender Uncanny X-Force, Morrison's New X-Men, and Claremont's Uncanny X-Men are all up there, then those are my recs. Bendis' Uncanny is a decent choice as well

Also Age of X is a dope side story and Messiah Complex and Messiah War are great crossovers

I understand that nostalgia is a powerful thing, so while I don't have any personal experience with Rom, I can substitute any number of other things in Rom's place to understand why people might be excited about an old thing coming back.

But for someone like me, with no Rom history, is there anything there for me? What is cool about Rom?

Boogiepop

What the actual hell? I've spent waaaaay too much of the day reading through the crap old Sonic comics (now that the sale on Comixology has caught me back up on buying the issues, I want to finally get through all this and just stay current this time, and because I'm weird that involves reading all the terrible stuff), and I just hit issue #103.

There's a knockoff of the original Guardians of the Galaxy. As in, the ones from before the popular team from the good run that the movie used as a springboard, and this comic predates both, so yeah. Weird. Oh, and in an earlier issue Ken Penders just straight up drew the Millennium Falcon into the comic. Like, he didn't even try to alter it.

tumblr_o6340rq1U91spjcago1_500.png

Yeah, this is an odd thing. A very, very odd thing.

I dunno about "historian," seeing as how I'm still a toddler, but if Whedon/Cassaday's Astonishing, Ellis' Astonishing (Ghost Box and Exogenetic), Kyle and Yost X-Force, Spurrier X-Force, Remender Uncanny X-Force, Morrison's New X-Men, and Claremont's Uncanny X-Men are all up there, then those are my recs. Bendis' Uncanny is a decent choice as well

Also Age of X is a dope side story and Messiah Complex and Messiah War are great crossovers
Sorry, none of them in this sale.

Messi

He is the artist of the first arc and is only leaving because Millar stole him with all his money.

Messi

Preordered Harley, Joker and Deadshot hot toys.Estimated release date July 2017- September 2017 Holy shit what a wait.

Kill me now

Bii

Preordered Harley, Joker and Deadshot hot toys.Estimated release date July 2017- September 2017 Holy shit what a wait.

Kill me now

I'm tempted to do the same. I have Harley preordered and so close to ordering the other two.

Messi

WHAT? Is this true?

Yup. He is the artist on the hit girl ongoing and is getting paid 10k in royalties per issue. I'd leave Batgirl for that money too.

I'm tempted to do the same. I have Harley preordered and so close to ordering the other two.

Do it. Do it.

I do them on flex pay so it's like 60 per month for 4 months. It ain't bad. Future Bii has all the cash for these things.

One Piece Omnibus Edition Vol. 16
Black Science Vol. 4
Spider-Gwen Vol. 1
Spider-Man/Wolverine HC by Zeb Wells and Joe Mad

It's my birthday and I decided I deserve these.

Messi

Damn, that process was quick then, it was a month or two ago that he posted that.

I'd pick him the second he posted his stuff in that thread. He is a superstar. He also worked with Millar on Huck recently so I'm sure that's when the job was solidified

Kill me now

So how many other things are you going to order between now and then?

Yup. He is the artist on the hit girl ongoing and is getting paid 10k in royalties per issue. I'd leave Batgirl for that money too.

Damn. I was interested anyway, but I'll definitely read it if he's doing the art. I'm also interested in the new Kick-Ass book.

Messi

So how many other things are you going to order between now and then?

Damn. I was interested anyway, but I'll definitely read it if he's doing the art. I'm also interested in the new Kick-Ass book.

Depending on sculpts the main squad and Enchantress. Whatever Harley's they do.

Top Bottom