• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Batgirl was a solid 3/5. It just kinda starts like you've been following the book since the old run so that kinda put me off a bit. It's not amazing, but it's not bad either. It's not really ABQ's best art ether.

I think it will end up being a fun arc, but I wasn't as crazy about it as I thought I would be.

Okay, then I'll put it on the wishlist for now. I bought $55 worth of comics today, including the four issues making up the Rebel Jail arc of Star Wars. Silly name for a story, but I wanted to read it. My word @ those $3.99 Marvel back-issues, tho. That hurts.

frye

I honestly think Frank Quitely has never been better than he is right now. This is his most polished work

I feel a lot of issues so far have had that "one cool thing" that makes it worth the read, but this one in particular had everything I love about Quitely. The page design, the sense of real world physics, the style... it's all there in service of a sweet as hell superhero fight comic

Okay, then I'll put it on the wishlist for now. I bought $55 worth of comics today, including the four issues making up the Rebel Jail arc of Star Wars. Silly name for a story, but I wanted to read it. My word @ those $3.99 Marvel back-issues, tho. That hurts.
Have you read the Star Wars annual?

I feel a lot of issues so far have had that "one cool thing" that makes it worth the read, but this one in particular had everything I love about Quitely. The page design, the sense of real world physics, the style... it's all there in service of a sweet as hell superhero fight comic

say what you will about Mark Millar, God knows I have, but few guys working in mainstream comics have his facility for plotting out, pacing, building, and staging comic book action sequences

That's why they make animated movies.

I love you

TheFlow

Banned
I'm not putting myself through that. I am 100% done with Aquaman.

I have 27 marvel books to read this week. I will probably read like 4. Smh
Yea I dropped half my rebirth pull but they keep coming out so I keep adding stuff.

I am behind on everything. Just gotta find time to sit down and read

I want to be Mark Millar's protege. He can be my Grant Morrison, I will be his Mark Millar.

get your young mark millar avatar ready!

SCOOK_Mark_Millar2.jpg

This current Uncanny Avengers storyline is making for a good Pym story. Duggan is basically giving Pym fans a voice and
we even got Vision hitting Ultron with a Shoryuken.
This book started off meh and then became the best Avengers book.

I'm jumping on board with the Marvel NOW issue. #15, I think? I'll pick up the rest via trade.

Messi

Totally Awesome Hulk continues to be good. They have Del Mundo on the series now, butI wonder if Cho will be coming back after the WW thing with Rucka and DC.

I didn't really like the previous issue of Ms. Marvel, but thjis one was a return to form IMO.

Cho could barely keep a motnthly schedule on hulk. He ain't coming back. Del Mundo is better too.

TheFlow

Banned
But Red Hood is a worse character.
Red hood is bad because of the writers.

Bizarro should of been replaced with clayface and Harper on detective. Bizarro should of been the first Baddy on action comics.

Doomsday should of been saved for a later arc

redhood is still one of my favorites so I am going to read the issue

I was searching Star Wars Annual and getting nothing.
It didn't come up for me in the search either. I could just see it after #10.

It's a good issue. I found it pretty refreshing to read about a new character after they focused on the OT characters for the first year or so. The tie in to the Rebel Jail arc was pretty unexpected too.

So far, I've dropped Aquaman, The Flash, Green Lanterns, Trashblazer, Justice League, and New Super-Man. Today, that list expanded to include Action Comics and Titans.

Sticking with Batman, Detective Comics, Green Arrow, Nightwing, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

6/14 books, with varying quality. Rebirth is whatever.

Lanterns
Flash
Aquaman

Might drop Hal Jordan too

Looks like we're more or less on the same page. Lanterns is close to a drop for me; Flash less so, but it's definitely towards the bottom. Justice League was one of the ones I said I was done with after Rebirth, but I read the #1.

As for HJ, the #1 was good and shows some promise, but Venditti is going to have to do a little better for me to quietly sit through EVS in the next arc.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Dang I'm feeling most of the rebirth titles, but different strokes.

Squirrel Girl is so good.

Squirrel Girl is so good. Mockingbird was pretty good too. Answered some questions that they set up in the first issue, and was still generally charming. Glad it's going on for a little while longer.

VanWinkle

So far, I've dropped Aquaman, The Flash, Green Lanterns, Trashblazer, Justice League, and New Super-Man. Today, that list expanded to include Action Comics and Titans.

Sticking with Batman, Detective Comics, Green Arrow, Nightwing, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

6/14 books, with varying quality. Rebirth is whatever.

Woah, you didn't like New Super-Man?!

TheFlow

Banned
Looks like we're more or less on the same page. Lanterns is close to a drop for me; Flash less so, but it's definitely towards the bottom. Justice League was one of the ones I said I was done with after Rebirth, but I read the #1.

As for HJ, the #1 was good and shows some promise, but Venditti is going to have to do a little better for me to quietly sit through EVS in the next arc.
Ahh I gotcha. Yea I was expecting more from the titles I dropped

Woah, you didn't like New Super-Man?!
Greatest #1 ever

tim1138

Batgirl stays boring, I don't really care about Babs living that white girl dream of backpacking through a foreign country. A definite one and done for me.

Hagi

Only thing I've dropped is Batman so far. Maybe it will read better i trade but as of now just not feeling it.

I keep waiting for Civil War II to jump the shark, but four issues in and it's still going strong. I'm.... I'm enjoying it. What is this feel?

I haven't read past issue zero but nice to see it's not crap yet.

I think #3 was the big moment with the rest being the actual conflict so I'm not expecting a shark jumping moment.
I think they'll pull some late-game shit to put people on Carol's side after months of her being wrong every waking hour. Tony being right the whole time isn't dramatically interesting.

(Though I still maintain that both sides were at fault for the events of #3.)

Top Bottom