• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

vkgL7Nj.png

Owzers

Digital comics are pretty exceptional

In that whenever i buy comics i get everything except digital.

Because they are evil. Every time you read a digital comic God reconsiders whether or not to stop a spider from crawling over your head when you sleep. "Hmmm maybe i'll just let it this time..."

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
In that whenever i buy comics i get everything except digital.

Because they are evil. Every time you read a digital comic God reconsiders whether or not to stop a spider from crawling over your head when you sleep. "Hmmm maybe i'll just let it this time..."

Get off my lawn you damn kids

Ponn

Banned
I always read my floppies sweating balls while sitting on a dirty bucket to never forget the conventions that got me to who I am today.

If you move your finger around on the tablet in the right way, someone will bring a pizza to your house, and then you can eat that instead of reading comics.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So many comic to catch up on...

Uncanny Avengers Annual #1 - total dud with sone old timer magician guys that is basically just a setup fir a Scarlet Witch villain. Mweh.

Sam Wilson Cap #3-5 - these were fantastic. Cap Wolf vs Corporate Serpent Society. Love what they are doing with this book, its both serious (and still very political) and funny, the art improves with each issue and its just a fun read throughout.

My Rebirth rankings

A
Nightwing
Detective Comics

A-
Wonder Woman

B+
Green Arrow
Superman

B
Batman

B-
Batgirl
Hal Jordan
Action Comics
Batgirl & BOP
Titans
Flash
Red Hood & the Outlaws

C+
Green Lanterns
New Superman

C
Justice League

C-
Aquaman

D
Hellblazer

Sandfox

So many comic to catch up on...

Uncanny Avengers Annual #1 - total dud with sone old timer magician guys that is basically just a setup fir a Scarlet Witch villain. Mweh.

Sam Wilson Cap #3-5 - these were fantastic. Cap Wolf vs Corporate Serpent Society. Love what they are doing with this book, its both serious (and still very political) and funny, the art improves with each issue and its just a fun read throughout.

Both Sam Wilson and Uncanny Avengers only get better as they go along.

HA HA HA OH MAN

I love ROM.
He's such an asshole. Killing a PTSD-sufferer's family right in front of her (sure, they were all Dire Wraiths, but still) while all of the onlooker's just take out their phones and start filming.

Owzers

my Rebirth so far.

Batman: Stopped pre-ordering after issue #2 because the first three issues weren't anything special and a crossover is coming up.

Wonder Woman: Haven't read Rebirth or #1 yet. I'm optimistic.

Suicide Squad: Stopped pre-ordering after issue #1, i'll read rebirth and the first issue and decide from there but when they announced Jim Lee only doing 10-12 pages per issue for the "main" story, that seemed like a place to bail out

And that's it, off to a good start, all we need is more Watchmen stuff now.

ElNarez

Banned
Man, the fucking turn in Civil War II #4 is some of the clumsiest clunkiest shit commited to paper.

For no goddamn reason, Carol's method go from "let's get ready for the bad thing by making a controlled environment in which it can happen with limited damage and we can intervene" (which is what she did for Thanos, and to an extent with the Death Celestial) to "WELP THOUGHT POLICE LET'S MINORITY REPORT THIS SHIT". If that were S.H.I.E.L.D.'s doing, the turn would make some sense, but no, it's not even that it got away from her, it's that it is what she's always wanted now for some reason. And it's a super fucking dumb way of doing things, which looks even worse when you consider she's part of the goddamn Ultimates.

And that's before the fucking Guardians show up. GOD THIS EVENT IS THE FUCKING WORST.

Messi

Detective Comics is setting unrealistic targets for Rebirth especially Eddie Barrows art. Give the others a chance Team Detective

Messi

Third best

Easily the best for me. No one is even close. Wonder Woman, Superman and Green Arrow have also been good.

I forgot did we establish as a community that Tony Daniel is a bad artist? I can't get down with that. Say what you will about Justice League but the art is good. He is the poor man's Jason Fabok.

TheFlow

Banned
Easily the best for me. No one is even close. Wonder Woman, Superman and Green Arrow have also been good.

I forgot did we establish as a community that Tony Daniel is a bad artist? I can't get down with that. Say what you will about Justice League but the art is good. He is the poor man's Jason Fabok.
Green arrow is easily the best for the year. I am expecting a shut out for next years Eisner. Detective has the best art/panel out of the current bat books

Detective Comics is setting unrealistic targets for Rebirth especially Eddie Barrows art. Give the others a chance Team Detective

Yep. So much better than King's Batman that it's almost comical.

King told us he was going to tap into the psyche of terrorists. Guess he thinks ISIS members sit around watching HGTV reruns and fall asleep by 8 PM. Booooring.

Bad? No. But not one of my favs. He does decent work

Messi

Yep. So much better than King's Batman that it's almost comical.

King told us he was going to tap into the psyche of terrorists. Guess he thinks ISIS members sit around watching HGTV reruns and fall asleep by 8 PM. Booooring.

Did he really say this? Holy shit lol

Vyer

I've been out of the comics loop for a bit, so I need to catch up.

Looking forward to reading King's Batman, because the first issue was excellent but the way some of you are talking the later issues aren't good.

Of course, sometimes ComicGAF is prone to a little hyperbole..., ;p

Curious to see for myself.

Top Bottom