• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Y'all are forgetting Bill Watterson (and other strip creators) in the artist+writer lists.

I kind put those guys in a box separate from comic creators. Although it's basically just a different branch of the same art form and only a twist in format, I just never thought of them as being the same.

PsychBat!

Banned
CoZxmXBVIAEVx1L.jpg

Wonder Woman Barbie. I didn't know this existed. Cool.

Messi

I'm trying to think of artists that can write as well as they draw. Don't say Sejic because that would be a lie.

I see you. I see what you are trying to do and I want you to know for the first time in a long time... I am disappointed in you.

Messi

I was thisclose to adding $135 worth of Valiant comics to my Comixology cart. I went to look up a definitive reading order, and one of the results said to try a Scribd trial. Lo and behold, everything is on there.

Thanks, Google.

Free is still too expensive for Valiant books imo.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
so i think i know the answer to this but

Snyder's Batman run

worth reading start to finish? i loved Black Mirror but didn't love Court of Owls when i first read it. never continued, but i think i should give it another shot. kind of in the mood for a nice, dark bat-run.

Bengal is getting shit on for his pretty lewd Betty & Veronica variant.

this one? seems dope to me (outside of betty's face)

http://www.previewsworld.com/SiteImage/CatalogImage/STL019051?type=

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

Snyder's Batman run

worth reading start to finish? i loved Black Mirror but didn't love Court of Owls when i first read it. never continued, but i think i should give it another shot. kind of in the mood for a nice, dark bat-run.

I really liked it. Some people think that he's not great at finishing arcs, but I never really noticed. Strongly recommend.

Owzers

I didn't like Snyder's run at all so you should probably read it.

I thought the back half of Court of Owls was rushed and peaked around issue 5 and nothing since that was ever as interesting especially Death of the Family.

Snyder's Batman run

All the arcs seem to follow the same structure. Starts off great. Some really nice villains introduced, some nice set-up and it looks gorgeous. Then it starts dragging a bit and the exposition starts becoming very noticeable. Then it fizzles out like a firework from three July 4ths ago that you found in a shed.

Snyder's Batman run

I was in the same boat as you. Tried Endgame and was kinda into it but then we got monologues about the anatomy of bugs and I had to bail. Not for me.

People seem to really like Zero Year so maybe that's worth a look? It has nice coloring at least.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The 11 O'Clock Comics podcast was like 90% about Valiant this week. I really didn't hear anything that changed my mind about their books. It's super rare when Vince B talks about anything that interest me though. His enthusiasm for the stuff he likes still makes it a fun listen though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Infinity War won't be split into 2 movies anymore.

The second one is now a unnammed avengers project whatever that means.

Top Bottom