• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
have they announced a new "proper" Avengers book then? Since Kamala, Miles and Nova are fucking off

TheFlow

Banned
nice
CmOa-kaUYAA9oK7.jpg

Messi

Just now saw this. Sub cancelled.

When you are as picky about art as I am there is nothing more annoying than rotating artists. It's like playing Russian roulette with one empty chamber.

Went ahead and stopped my Pretty Deadly and Rat Queens subs too.

Kurtis Wiebe stopped that sub for you a few months ago.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Kurtis Wiebe stopped that sub for you a few months ago.

Most likely.

I probably could have gotten rid of the Tithe too since there is a good chance it's not coming back either. Hawkins has a bunch of books and it was his worst selling book.

Sandfox

I need this book now. I'm curious to see what this means for the Avengers book though.
being excited about Mark Waid writing a book

in 2016

with Ramos on art
I like both of those guys lol.

Scott Summers is the best X-Man there is. I’ve loved Scott Summers ever since I first started reading X-Men comics back in the mid-60s. So I campaigned quite heavily to get young Scott Summers on that team. My primary goal was for the doubters: By the end of issue 1, I can make you love Scott Summers.

Ah, yes, the writer of Strange Fruit

that's who I want doing a book about contemporary activism

also, fuck you Brevoort
He's using Hitler as an example of a man that did terrible things and people would have a hard time trusting for obvious reasons, not saying Scott is Hitler.

Messi

Another interesting thing from that list of recommendations is that Tara's (Howard's new friend) tattoos are actually Kate Leth's tattoos.

Don't they change constantly because
She is part skrull?

Pleasantly surprised the Vision girl has a future post King Vision.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Any Copperhead fans out there? I just saw that the 3rd arc is moving forward with a new artist since original artist and co-creator is too bust with other stuff.

New artist is Drew Moss.

Faerber posted a couple of samples of Boo and Clara on his Twitter account. The his Boo looks great and his Clara look fine. It should be noted the one with Clara wasn't quite as finished as the one with Boo.

I'm just happy it's finally coming back. Last issue came out in October.

Messi

Any Copperhead fans out there? I just saw that the 3rd arc is moving forward with a new artist since original artist and co-creator is too bust with other stuff.

New artist is Drew Moss.

Faerber posted a couple of samples of Boo and Clara on his Twitter account. The his Boo looks great and his Clara look fine. It should be noted the one with Clara wasn't quite as finished as the one with Boo.

Great to see it coming back. Like the new art

Seriously tho. What happened to Emma Frost and where is she now. Poor Emma deserves better :(

Best goddamn X-Man there was (besides Magik).

I'd rather have her MIA knowing what Marvel would probably do with her otherwise. I wonder if they're waiting for some big reveal where she'll be a villain again.

TheFlow

Banned

New artist is Drew Moss.

looks like I am pulling copperhead again

Messi

lol there so many more x men suited for that title. Marvel sniped adult Cyclops for a reason

They dumped him to recover him from Bendis ass fucking his character for the length of his run. Watch him come back and be the ultimate good guy.

I was asking because I was under the impression that Kamala's super strict you can't ever go out parents were a big part of her character. But then again I'm only 2 issues into her new ongoing so I assume the ending of the last one sorted that out?

And it also bugged me because I assumed "my personal life will get in the way" was the reason Spider-Man was never in the Avengers, at least from what I've read from the Stan Lee era. But I guess Ms. Marvel isn't exactly Spider-Man tier so they have to increase her exposure in other books.

TheFlow

Banned
great news for you guys
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1243000

I am going to start watching arrow again. gotta embrace the corn

I was asking because I was under the impression that Kamala's super strict you can't ever go out parents were a big part of her character. But then again I'm only 2 issues into her new ongoing so I assume the ending of the last one sorted that out?

And it also bugged me because I assumed "my personal life will get in the way" was the reason Spider-Man was never in the Avengers, at least from what I've read from the Stan Lee era. But I guess Ms. Marvel isn't exactly Spider-Man tier so they have to increase her exposure in other books.

Spider-Man(miles) has been an part of the avengers in both 616 and ultimate universe. nothing new.

With the way Marvel waits what seems like 18-24 months before reducing the price on digital books I'm pretty sure MU is a way better deal now with all the re-launches with increased prices.

Top Bottom