• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I was referring to Peter. But then again my Marvel-fu is weak so I don't know when/if he joined later.
Yeah, even if he had joined, it would not have made any difference, because its a comic.

He was later in two Avengers Team, in the Future Foundation, inventend tons of stuff at a think tank and had still time to be a superhero for its own. Despite the usual "I am late" trope of Spider-Man books, it had no impact.

Vader's really picked up again after Vader Down. I don't want it to end now. #22 was really fun.

Been tempted to pick up the first hardcover, but surely they'll bundle it into one omnibus seeing it's only going to be 25 issues.

TheFlow

Banned
Vader's really picked up again after Vader Down. I don't want it to end now. #22 was really fun.

Been tempted to pick up the first hardcover, but surely they'll bundle it into one omnibus seeing it's only going to be 25 issues.
yea I can see it getting collected into one omnibus

arkon

Any Copperhead fans out there? I just saw that the 3rd arc is moving forward with a new artist since original artist and co-creator is too bust with other stuff.

New artist is Drew Moss.

Faerber posted a couple of samples of Boo and Clara on his Twitter account. The his Boo looks great and his Clara look fine. It should be noted the one with Clara wasn't quite as finished as the one with Boo.

I'm just happy it's finally coming back. Last issue came out in October.

Shame things didn't quite pan out with Godlewski. The new artwork looks like a nice replacement though. It's just good to finally have things moving again.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
NEW GLA!

http://nerdist.com/marvel-reveals-new-great-lakes-avengers-series-exclusive/

Mr. Immortal, Flatman, Big Bertha, and Doorman

Great-Lakes-Avengers-Cover.jpg

GREAT LAKES AVENGERS #1
Written by ZAC GORMAN
Penciled by WILL ROBSON
Cover by WILL ROBSON
Variant cover by MICHAEL ALLRED

“All New, All Different?” No, thank you! New things are bad and different things are scary! Instead, why not join everybody’s least favorite Super Hero team, The Great Lakes Avengers in their brand new—but not too brand new—ongoing series, Same Old, Same Old, Great Lakes Avengers! When the team gets reinstated as permanent members of the Avengers and uprooted to Detroit, the GLA has one more shot at Super Hero glory…but can they answer the call? Do they even have 4G coverage here? Find out!”

Allred Variant:

NEW GLA!

GREAT LAKES AVENGERS #1
Written by ZAC GORMAN
Penciled by WILL ROBSON
Cover by WILL ROBSON

“All New, All Different?” No, thank you! New things are bad and different things are scary! Instead, why not join everybody’s least favorite Super Hero team, The Great Lakes Avengers in their brand new—but not too brand new—ongoing series, Same Old, Same Old, Great Lakes Avengers! When the team gets reinstated as permanent members of the Avengers and uprooted to Detroit, the GLA has one more shot at Super Hero glory…but can they answer the call? Do they even have 4G coverage here? Find out!”

Allred Variant:

wholy crap!!

TheFlow

Banned
NEW GLA!

GREAT LAKES AVENGERS #1
Written by ZAC GORMAN
Penciled by WILL ROBSON
Cover by WILL ROBSON

Allred Variant:
Vomit

Sandfox

NEW GLA!

GREAT LAKES AVENGERS #1
Written by ZAC GORMAN
Penciled by WILL ROBSON
Cover by WILL ROBSON

Allred Variant:

I absolutely did not see this coming. It's nice to see we already have three new team books considering that was probably the weakest part of ANAD Marvel.

Shriek had one really great arc when Spider-Man was losing his shit over his parental clones/robots/whatever. I think J.M. Dematteis wrote it? The character has been a favorite of mine ever since but nobody seems to want to touch her with a 10-ft. pole. That Carnage stank.

Anyway, looks like another great team book for Now. Really loving what they're showing us so far.

diaspora

Shriek had one really great arc when Spider-Man was losing his shit over his parental clones/robots/whatever. I think J.M. Dematteis wrote it? The character has been a favorite of mine ever since but nobody seems to want to touch her with a 10-ft. pole. That Carnage stank.

O96pW75.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is it any good?
Maximum Carnage not so, they fight for 12 issues, its from the 90s and has like twenty characters.
But it has the GOAT Captain America moment where he appeares as Jesus to Spider-Man in Central Park, its worth it for that alone.

Family Faud is great, the first of a great trilogy of modern Carnage comics, but her role is more minor.

Sandfox

They got the Rick and Morty writer. We'll see how he does.

Also, every member of the GLA team is a mutant unless that gets retconned or something lol.

They got the Rick and Morty writer. We'll see how he does.

Also, every member of the GLA team is a mutant unless that gets retconned or something lol.
Maybe that's the only reason they're publishing this book. To have a place to retcon that and make a little scratch in the process.

Let's start bets on the series ending with them being called the Great Lakes Inhumans.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
NEW GLA!

GREAT LAKES AVENGERS #1
Written by ZAC GORMAN
Penciled by WILL ROBSON
Cover by WILL ROBSON

“All New, All Different?” No, thank you! New things are bad and different things are scary! Instead, why not join everybody’s least favorite Super Hero team, The Great Lakes Avengers in their brand new—but not too brand new—ongoing series, Same Old, Same Old, Great Lakes Avengers! When the team gets reinstated as permanent members of the Avengers and uprooted to Detroit, the GLA has one more shot at Super Hero glory…but can they answer the call? Do they even have  coverage here? Find out!”

Allred Variant:

Keep it.

NEW GLA!

GREAT LAKES AVENGERS #1
Written by ZAC GORMAN
Penciled by WILL ROBSON
Cover by WILL ROBSON

Allred Variant:
Move over Chip. The Rick and Morty comic writer is gonna show you up.

Everything from Throne of Atlantis on is decent, post-Forever Evil it's gold. They just got stung by doing a virus story as Ebola panic was at its' height. Darkseid War was liked by a lot of people here as well though the final 3 chapters and the one-shots aren't here.

Thanks. Any issue reading these as stand alone without following other series?

Sandfox

Looking at the original champions book, Black Widow, Hercules, Ghost RIder, Angel, and Iceman is the most random team ever.

Top Bottom