• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Looking at the original champions book, Black Widow, Hercules, Ghost RIder, Angel, and Iceman is the most random team ever.

Td5YxBb.png

I laughed so much.

Messi

All of the O5 need to go back where they came from. That shoukd have happened after Secret Wars.

Why does this matter? I like seeing them in stories and I'd rather have them than not. What does sending them back achieve?

Great to see Kate and America have outgrown books like this too. Hopefully it means marvel will treat them like adults

Why does this matter? I like seeing them in stories and I'd rather have them than not. What does sending them back achieve?

It's a tired plot thread. It was neat when they first did it, and it was fun for a while. But the point of Secret Wars was to avoid this precise thing.

Sandfox

It's a tired plot thread. It was neat when they first did it, and it was fun for a while. But the point of Secret Wars was to avoid this precise thing.

Apparently not lol.

Having the O5 around is an excuse to include them with Marvel's next generation of heroes. The fact that their book does well keeps them around too.

I'm willing to accept "Franklin forgot while he was rebuilding the universe." as a valid excuse as to why they're still on The Prime Earth.

Apparently not lol.

Having the O5 around is an excuse to include them with Marvel's next generation of heroes. The fact that their book does well keeps them around too.

Marvel is only keeping them around because they're too stubborn to bring back the real Jean Grey.

Boogiepop

Looking at the IST update, is that Avenger by Byrne Omnibus good comics? And how many Absolutes should Preacher be? Also, lame that Deadly Class's Hardcover didn't get the 50% off. (Oh, and there's no problems with that one, are there?)

Messi

Looking at the IST update, is that Avenger by Byrne Omnibus good comics? And how many Absolutes should Preacher be? Also, lame that Deadly Class's Hardcover didn't get the 50% off. (Oh, and there's no problems with that one, are there?)

We don't know yet.

Absolute Transmetropolitan is in 3 volumes. 60 issues split as 18/18/24.

Absolute Sandman is in 4 volumes.75 issues split as 20/19/17/19

Preacher is 75 issues and Absolute Preacher v1 has 26 issues. My guess would be three volumes.

Calcium

Banned
Any Copperhead fans out there? I just saw that the 3rd arc is moving forward with a new artist since original artist and co-creator is too bust with other stuff.

New artist is Drew Moss.

Faerber posted a couple of samples of Boo and Clara on his Twitter account. The his Boo looks great and his Clara look fine. It should be noted the one with Clara wasn't quite as finished as the one with Boo.

I'm just happy it's finally coming back. Last issue came out in October.

That's fantastic news. I picked up the two trades last month and enjoyed them. It was pretty disappointing to discover the book was in limbo, glad it is finally coming back.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Shame things didn't quite pan out with Godlewski. The new artwork looks like a nice replacement though.

Hopefully Godlewski will still have some creative input even though he's not doing the art.

All of the O5 need to go back where they came from. That shoukd have happened after Secret Wars.

Yeah they really kill my interest in any book they are in. Hulk doesn't help matter much either.

I'll be down for GLA though!

Yeah they really kill my interest in any book they are in. Hulk doesn't help matter much either.

I liked Totally Awesome Hulk until Cho stopped drawing it. I would love a Hulk book that was anywhere near as good as Planet Hulk. Greg Pak was in his prime.

Absolute preacher and Deadly Class get!

Which Deadly Class? Regular cover or DCBS Diamond Excl.?

Let me know how shit / not shit the binding is.

Messi

I liked Totally Awesome Hulk until Cho stopped drawing it. I would love a Hulk book that was anywhere near as good as Planet Hulk. Greg Pak was in his prime.

Which Deadly Class? Regular cover or DCBS Diamond Excl.?

Let me know how shit / not shit the binding is.

Exclusive. The regular cover is bad imo.

VanWinkle

Got a nice little haul from Hamilton Book.

kzmm6MU.jpg

FBfN0ag.jpg

FINALLY got volume 2 of B&R. I love volume 1 which I read forever ago. Still need to get it in physical format, though.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I could use some Valiant recs. I'm looking for good series where I won't have to buy a pile of books to catch up. Like, X-O Manowar is way up there is issues, so that's out. I already have the Valiant on my list.

Archer and Armstrong's my favorite. After reading a bit of that, Ivar Timewalker is great too. I've got high hopes for the Faith Ongoing starting later this month.

Top Bottom