• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Messi

Bruh! one of the best shows to hit CNN in the past 4 years. good stuff. The commnunity here is great too.

tumblr_inline_nrfpoc2MeZ1tpk63c_540.gif

me saying no to giving marvel a chance is a shitpost? time for me to use that ignore button.

Feel free to put me on ignore dude. But we don't need to be told every time you do it. That's twice this month you have eluded to using it. As if it's some kind of threat lol.

TheFlow

Banned
Feel free to put me on ignore dude. But we don't need to be told every time you do it. That's twice this month you have eluded to using it. As if it's some kind of threat lol.
I said it once when I came back june 14th from my ban, and once now. but ok. you are taking a tad personal mate.

images

edit: you quoting the gif makes it even funnier XD

TheFlow

Banned
Comics, Games and Film can not top THE FINAL DELETION

I keep thinking of "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?" from the Twitter trailer and I laugh every time. I can't wait to see the whole thing. There's a Director's Cut on TNA's YouTube but it's currently marked as private. SOON.

Green Lantern is a huge douche in the New 52 Justice League. Every scene with him so far is some variation of blustery "I'm the best" bullshit immediately followed by him getting his ass kicked. Is this Rayner? Dude is straight trash.

Green Lantern is a huge douche in the New 52 Justice League. Every scene with him so far is some variation of blustery "I'm the best" bullshit immediately followed by him getting his ass kicked. Is this Rayner? Dude is straight trash.

Justice League 3000/3001 is remarkably similar, except half the team acts like that.

TheFlow

Banned
am I missing something because I swore Suicide Squad was going to be R rated and now it is PG-13.

but if the Dark knight was pg-13 anything is possible

I don't think it was ever officially going to get an R. BvS is getting an R-rated DVD cut.

Only fanboys who wanted DC to go the Deadpool route thought there would be an R version. Suicide Squad has always been PG-13.

I'll stick with my prediction of garbage at any rating. But I expected the same from GotG, so I'm prepared to eat my words.

mreddie

I keep thinking of "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?" from the Twitter trailer and I laugh every time. I can't wait to see the whole thing. There's a Director's Cut on TNA's YouTube but it's currently marked as private. SOON.

I never would think watching Hardys in 2006 that 10 years after both will feud in their backyard as Matt sends a swarm of drones on Jeff and both use firework cannons.

This is a DC movie, though. So you have better odds of being right.

It's a fairly safe bet at this point. I went in blind for BvS Ultimate Redux We've Fixed Everything Edition and thought it was dog poop. And this was the "good" cut. I'm stunned a worse version was greenlit for release to the world.

Somehow, the trailers for Suicide Squad look even worse. :(

Ponn

Banned
It's a fairly safe bet at this point. I went in blind for BvS Ultimate Redux We've Fixed Everything Edition and thought it was dog poop. And this was the "good" cut. I'm stunned a worse version was greenlit for release to the world.

Somehow, the trailers for Suicide Squad look even worse. :(

Really? I've been way more excited for Suicide Squad than BvsS for a very long time. I always figured SS would be one of those sleeper hits. I am disappointed at the PG-13 rating for it though and i'm hoping it gets an Unrated Blu-ray release treatment.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
What I love about the Suicide Squad trailers is that I feel like there's still a ton of movie left to see. With BVS, I feel like I'd seen the whole movie before hand.

BVS >>>>> X-Men Apocalypse.

The more I thought about the latter the more I hated it. Partially because I went with a terrible clingy grindr date to see the movie, but mostly because it was shit.

Lmao sure.

I take this to mean you like the Suicide Squad trailer? More power to you.

I hope it turns out far better than the impression I get from the trailer. Leto is the biggest wild card, and what little we see of him strikes me as a hilariously bad casting. So edgy. Will Smith has been box office poison for a few years now.

I think the real issue Warner is dealing with is that most people have no freaking clue who anyone is besides Harley, and she's far from a critically loved darling. I read a ton of comics and everyone looks pretty generic in the trailer. "Rope guy" is a thing for a reason.

Like I said, many of these same things are what I thought about the Guardians trailer, and I loved that movie. Maybe this will be DC's crown jewel to get their movie franchises rolling.

Vyer

SS trailers have been great, but obviously that doesn't necessarily mean anything for the final product. hopefully it's good.

BVS >>>>> X-Men Apocalypse.

The more I thought about the latter the more I hated it. Partially because I went with a terrible clingy grindr date to see the movie, but mostly because it was shit.

I've not seen X-Men, but that's a fairly low bar set by BvS. If it's worse than that, it must be awful.

My wife has a thing for X-Men movies. She loves Wolverine and the team in general, so I usually end up seeing everything in the franchise. The trailers for Apocalypse lead me to believe it's the worst one yet. She saw the same damn trailer and asked me to get it when it comes out on digital. Impressions, man.

Sandfox

Fox should just pick a popular run of X-Men to pull a team from that rather than change it every movie. Then they could have a franchise of X movies with different feels, like X-Force or something that are built around other teams. They could've even gone with the blue and gold teams.

TheFlow

Banned
Fox should just pick a popular run of X-Men to pull a team from that rather than change it every movie. Then they could have a franchise of X movies with different feels, like X-Force or something that are built around other teams. They could've even gone with the blue and gold teams.

new mutants has already been confirmed in the works. so that can be cool.

x-force is also being worked on.

Top Bottom