• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

how does she fit all that hair under that helmet

if her name is seriously "Riri", Bendis should be taken off all books with black people forever

reeeeaaaalllllyyyy tempted to drop 80 on those digital deluxe Deadly Class and Black Science collections.

Can anyone speak to the bonus materials? P sure they've been out in print for a while, right?

Oh god, the book is actually being renumbered. All the books will. I was really hoping Marvel's entire line wouldn't be relaunched with a higher price point again.

It was pretty easy to think it was War Machine. I don't even think it counts as predicting when the book was all but saying "she's War Machine". She's a black character that shows up to start wearing silver armor right before Rhodey dies. Plus, War Machine is not a gender-specific name, and Iron Man is.

mreddie

Oh god, the book is actually being renumbered. All the books will. I was really hoping Marvel's entire line wouldn't be relaunched with a higher price point again.

I need the laughing Square Enix guy gif.

"But free digital copy!"

I'm sure that free copy is worth DC whopping your ass.

I need the laughing Square Enix guy gif.

"But free digital copy!"

I'm sure that free copy is worth DC whopping your ass.
Here in Sweden the physical copies lack a digital one and only one store sells them. The only way to really buy comics is collections or digital and Marvel are the worst company when it comes to lowering the prices. I'm not joking when I say that I can buy an 18 months old issue for the price I paid for 3-4 other comics, be it DC, Image or anyone else.

We aren't surprised when Comixology's best sellers list is 2 Marvel books and the rest is DC and others.

mreddie

Here in Sweden the physical copies lack a digital one and only one store sells them. The only way to really buy comics is collections or digital and Marvel are the worst company when it comes to lowering the prices. I'm not joking when I say that I can buy an 18 months old issue for the price I paid for 3-4 other comics, be it DC, Image or anyone else.

That's even worse, do you get Comixlogy?

TheFlow

Banned
reeeeaaaalllllyyyy tempted to drop 80 on those digital deluxe Deadly Class and Black Science collections.

Can anyone speak to the bonus materials? P sure they've been out in print for a while, right?

Deadly Class is definitely going to get a sale this year where every issue is 99 cents. black science won't unless there is another image sale before Christmas/black friday

edit: the bonus material won't be missing if you go digital, but you might miss out on those back of the page stuff from single issues.

That's even worse, do you get Comixlogy?
Yeah, but as mentioned we have no reason to buy Marvel books now. I'd save tons of money by just getting MU and waiting 6 months instead of buying day one or waiting 24 months. Sadly I hate the quality on MU so...

Messi

Deadly Class is definitely going to get a sale this year where every issue is 99 cents. black science won't unless there is another image sale before Christmas/black friday

edit: the bonus material won't be missing if you go digital, but you might miss out on those back of the page stuff from single issues.

Image does a huge sale every year the week of SDCC

mreddie

Yeah, but as mentioned we have no reason to buy Marvel books now. I'd save tons of money by just getting MU and waiting 6 months instead of buying day one or waiting 24 months. Sadly I hate the quality on MU so...

At least MU is a thing, DC has been dragging their heels about a digital sub service.

What I mean is I really want all that bonus shit. Black Science definitely has it but the Deadly Class solicit is less clear. However, the DC HC has more pages than the BC HC, which definitely has bonus material.

I'm a bit concerned, though, that CMX/Image is just going to put the front and back around the individual digital issues and god i fucking hate that.

TheFlow

Banned
What I mean is I really want all that bonus shit. Black Science definitely has it but the Deadly Class solicit is less clear. However, the DC HC has more pages than the BC HC, which definitely has bonus material.

I'm a bit concerned, though, that CMX/Image is just going to put the front and back around the individual digital issues and god i fucking hate that.
I think this is what they do for volumes already. Just wait for the image later this month if you do decide to go digital

At least MU is a thing, DC has been dragging their heels about a digital sub service.
Hey, at least they reduce their already low(compared to Marvel)prices in a few months. As an example: Green Arrow #52 was out in May this year and just got a lower price along with a bunch of other books like Midnighter #12. On Marvel's side Remender's Cap!Falcon series just had it's first issue reduced with €1 and is still more expensive than the other books, be it Image or DC etc. It's from November 2014.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
A new character that's already starring in the current book with the same name.
Like back then when they introduced SpOck in Amazing Spider-Man before it was relaunched?

Man, really. I love the big numbers but in the end, who cares. You all act like another #1 is the end of thr world.

Batman #2 - Another minimalist, lackluster book from King. He's one for three so far. It can't be the bimonthly release schedule since he's also got this first arc written, but the pacing so far has nothing short of atrocious. Going from zero (Rebirth) to 60 (#1) to zero again is off-putting. The art remains decent, but it's not so great we can keep doing those largely dialogue free pages and rely only on visual storytelling.

It's Bendis, shouldn't option 3 read yes?
Actually, does CBR have some special connection to Marvel? Pretty much all their polls are about them and seem made to make the ones not agreeing with the "Yes" crowd look like they don't have other reasons for not wanting the book. Who would actually say "Tony is the only one for me!"?

They've literally announced two books. It's a bit early for this kind of talk.

Yes, and although I didn't quote it, I was responding to mreddie's post about everyone writing it off.

Obviously it's early, which is why I mentioned books announced so far. Champions and USAvengers are more or less followups to books I've already dropped, and I'm not familiar with the writer on Great Lakes Avengers so there's not much for me to get excited for there. Mosaic, I completely forgot was announced.

Marvel does relaunches every year, it's fine that I'm not bouncing out of my seat for this year's. Of course I'll still find books I want from them. I'm not crazy about ANAD and yet I still read five books from them regularly.

Top Bottom