• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Falchion

Just saw the news about Iron Man. I've been reading International but I had no clue this is where they were going with her character. I thought she would build her own suit and then eventually become her own hero.

I'll have to see how it plays out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I thought that lady was going to be War Machine, not Iron Man? Im confused

Tony stays. She is going to be War Machine

image.php

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That is the reveal. She ain't War Machine she is getting the Iron Man mantle from Tony.

but wasnt she in the USAvengers cover? wait thats another lady in a suit, new Iron Patriot right?

I think it's going to be awesome - BUT - If they do this one more time, I'm going to assume someone at Marvel just discovered rule 63 or something.
I'm looking forward to when they get to Wanda in a few years and Bendis decides to kill her again and have Wiccan take over.

Edit: Yes, Riri is the New Iron Man and Toni is the New Iron Patriot.

Rhaknar

speaking of Wiccan (and Hulkling while we're at it), why arent they in the Champions book with the other kids. whats happening to them after New Avengers, any word?

ElNarez

Banned
speaking of Wiccan (and Hulkling while we're at it), why arent they in the Champions book with the other kids. whats happening to them after New Avengers, any word?

Did they say anything about New Avengers being cancelled? Because, in terms of workload for Ewing, I kinda thought U.S.Avengers was replacing Contest of Champions, which IS actually ending.

Did they say anything about New Avengers being cancelled? Because, in terms of workload for Ewing, I kinda thought U.S.Avengers was replacing Contest of Champions, which IS actually ending.
Nah, it's replacing NA. Same team members aside from Clint, Songbird, Wiccan and Hulkling, still AIM, still Bobby leading the team etc.

It's season 2 pretty much.

Rhaknar

Well USAvengers is a bobby dacosta book so one assumes new avengers is ending

ElNarez

Banned
Nah, it's replacing NA. Same team members aside from Clint, Songbird, Wiccan and Hulkling, still AIM, still Bobby leading the team etc.

It's season 2 pretty much.

I would agree, except for the whole part where Bobby kicked Wiccan, Hulking and Squirrel Girl out of his clubhouse, and told them, literally "You're the New Avengers now".

I would agree, except for the whole part where Bobby kicked Wiccan, Hulking and Squirrel Girl out of his clubhouse, and told them, literally "You're the New Avengers now".
Squirrel Girl is back on the team now.

I'm guessing MAC, Wiccan and Hulkling will star in some kind of Young Avengers or Secret Avengers/Warriors book.

Just saw the art for the new Iron Woman. She looks gorgeous. Amazing design all around. Well done.

I'll see it six months later on MU, because it will likely be a $5 book.

I was already going to drop both Iron Man books because while they have entertaining scenes month to month, they're taking way too long for the actual stories to go anywhere. It's like they're just perpetually building towards something that never comes.

Really, I'm just talking about Invincible Iron Man here, with the "entertaining scenes month to month" thing. International Iron Man has just been plain bad, and I don't even want to finish the first arc on that one.

But then crap like this happens where I'm spending $3.99 an issue waiting for the plot to progress, and these teasers for Marvel Now come out that just spoil where things are going. And here they come with another $4.99 first issue when I'm already not happy and prepared to bail.

I'm out on both books. Even if International Iron Man becomes a Doom book, which is cool on paper, I just don't want to be involved in this anymore. I was really enjoying Invincible Iron Man for a while, but now I feel like I would read that Doom book and just get dragged along until the next big narrative shift, which I would once again learn about outside the book.

I'm out. I put my faith in Bendis on these books, and I was rewarded in the short term, but I can't keep this up. I need better pacing and more densely-packed issues at these price points.

I'm going to stop Civil War II also. I didn't realize how much I was paying for that, because it was just lumped in with everything else. But then I saw that Bleeding Cool thing that was linked here that showed I paid 23¢ per story page for Civil War II #2.

I'm trying to think what I read monthly from Marvel right now.

Captain America: Sam Wilson
Captain America: Steve Rogers
The Astonishing Ant-Man
The Mighty Thor
Doctor Strange
The Vision

I think that's it. There are others I'll be reading down the road when they're over and on sale (Black Panther, Black Widow, Amazing Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, Ms. Marvel, Web Warriors, etc.), but I guess my monthly Marvel list is very small now. And Ant-Man and Vision won't be around much longer, so that list is about to get even smaller.

Spider-Woman would still be on that monthly list, but I dropped it because of that expensive crossover they did.

If these Marvel Now announcements don't pan out, it might be time for me to be a DC guy for a while.

Top Bottom