• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

TheFlow

Banned
Glad to see the good impressions about Green Arrow.

I am trying to cut back on comic spending this month so I can enjoy my week trip next month.

CBR I'm convinced is filled with angry white nerds.
yea I post on there, but everything outside of the collected comics section gets heated.

shingi70

Banned
where are my green arrow impressions?

Good, not as strong as the previous two issues on the writing front. The two major plots points are decent, one is pretty damn obvious and can turn bad if done poorly, the 2nd I worry about as it's what caused the show to go to hell and seems to call to mind the brightest day run.

Trickster

Hey guys, wondering if there's anyone of you that know of places to buy really nice comic based posters/artprints. I was looking at sideshowtoys' website and noticed that they had a section dedicated to art prints here. However most of their stuff is sold out unavailable. But I would love to get my hands of stuff of that quality, however googling just gives me a ton of sites with stuff that doesn't really come close.

Speaking of Sam Wilson and Avengers books, what did this end up being all about?

uPz5CjB.jpg

I don't read that book and it never came up in the solo stuff.

TheFlow

Banned
Good, not as strong as the previous two issues on the writing front. The two major plots points are decent, one is pretty damn obvious and can turn bad if done poorly, the 2nd I worry about as it's what caused the show to go to hell and seems to call to mind the brightest day run.

Yea one thing that has me worried that was brought over from the Lemire run is
shado and her daughter betraying GA

Hey guys, wondering if there's anyone of you that know of places to buy really nice comic based posters/artprints. I was looking at sideshowtoys' website and noticed that they had a section dedicated to art prints here. However most of their stuff is sold out unavailable. But I would love to get my hands of stuff of that quality, however googling just gives me a ton of sites with stuff that doesn't really come close.

I asked once before and someone suggested getting the textless cover files from CBR(I think?) and getting them printed yourself. Not really sure beyond that though, I was only asking about some covers.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Speaking of Sam Wilson and Avengers books, what did this end up being all about?

uPz5CjB.jpg

Didn't she only kiss him that one time because she was having fun fighting or something?

Sam is dating Misty Knight iirc

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I think King's Alfred is better than his Batman.
I didn't get the "I don't trust Alfred" thing. It seems out of character if it was a joke, and out of character if it wasn't one. Though I suppose we don't know much about King's Batman's character in the first place.

The Fix is still good comics, and Vote Loki is still a really good premise with some good bits that would be much better and more interesting with a better creative team.

Haven't read Kingpin yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Messi

Cadence select

The gender bending/race swapping trend and ensuing "outrage" must be selling a lot of Marvel books.

New Thor has slowed down but is still comfortably above Old Thor's numbers even with the same writer.

It's not really gender bending or race swapping either, it's just new characters as legacy heroes, they've been around for awhile. James Rhodes was Iron Man for years before War Machine was even a thing.

TheFlow

Banned
omg people are losing their mind over black iron man. Like grown adults are legit upset.

I am going to buy all of this new iron man just to show my support.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
This could be a review of any BKV issue. I love it lol.

Most of the outrage is from people who have never read the comics and don't care enough to do so. Reading a headline is more than enough.

True but it's more interesting than other BKV endings since
it implies one of the girls gets cancer and dies.

Lashley

omg people are losing their mind over black iron man. Like grown adults are legit upset.

I am going to buy all of this new iron man just to show my support.

Nothing wrong with preferring Tony, especially when the new character is very boring

shingi70

Banned
Yea one thing that has me worried that was brought over from the Lemire run is
shado and her daughter betraying GA

I'm assuming
that's a red herring with Emiko actually betraying Ollie to suss out and stop the baddies from within. It's why she puts her tracker on Oliver. It's going to be complicated but can't see them doing a heel turn when issue #5 is a one shot about her.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I'm forever reading a comic saying "what the fuck is this garbage" and the answer is always David Finch

There was a panel of just Bruce Wayne's face in today's issue that made me stop reading and say what the hell. So bulbous. So oddly proportioned.

XAL

It's not really gender bending or race swapping either, it's just new characters as legacy heroes, they've been around for awhile.

It's a great strategy for introducing new characters and bolstering fanbases for old ones that can't sell well with their old/original persona.

Simply move these more progressive new/flagging characters into the roles of popular established white characters for awhile so old and new readers get to know them better, then rotate the originals back in with a separate book to keep the fanbase happy.

The choice of characters to replace established old ones is calculated, the controversy helps their books. It's pretty smart. Marvel knows exactly what they're doing.

uPz5CjB.jpg

Didn't she only kiss him that one time because she was having fun fighting or something?

Sam is dating Misty Knight iirc
Since Jane is dying of cancer, she's taking her time as Thor to be her opportunity to do shit she never would have gotten away with. She wanted to kiss Captain America, and she did. Heat of battle and all that. It lead to a routine where Sam visits her regularly when she's doing chemo. It was quite nice, actually.
Then you're just telling Marvel that more Bendis Iron Man is a good thing, and we all lose.
Nah. I win, because I'll never understand the intense hatred that some people have for Bendis.
I'm hearing good things about the Rebirth Superman books, worth picking up?

I'm enjoying both Action Comics and Superman so far.

Lashley

Since Jane is dying of cancer, she's taking her time as Thor to be her opportunity to do shit she never would have gotten away with. She wanted to kiss Captain America, and she did. Heat of battle and all that. It lead to a routine where Sam visits her regularly when she's doing chemo. It was quite nice, actually.
Yeah I remember that bit, it was very touching.

Top Bottom