• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Sandfox

Not for lack of trying, they have quite a few cosmic books...problem is most of them aren't very good.

Such a shame the new team on Nova didn't keep up his development as a true cosmic character. Just dropped that shit with the new volume altogether it seems.

Yeah, Duggan built up a ton of stuff and Ryan ignored it all.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Green Arrow #2 - Err...John Diggle? Fine, whatever.

Good issue though, and that art is amazing

I think the writer of Justice League is a fan of Mass Effect. Didnt even change the Reapers name. Thats hilarious.

What isnt hilarious, but rather horrendous, was the art. Good lord. JL is supposed to have some of the best artists but I think its easily the worse in Rebirth so far, and I read em all. So many disturbing faces and lazy doodles.

If it wasnt for the fact that its JL, the heart of the DCU, I would already be dropping this crap.

Then again, that Starlord joke is a reference to Kitty Pryde making terrible costumes for herself when she was younger

2-uxm149.jpg

xjerk.jpg

(Professor Xavier is a jerk)

I think the writer of Justice League is a fan of Mass Effect. Didnt even change the Reapers name. Thats hilarious.

What isnt hilarious, but rather horrendous, was the art. Good lord. JL is supposed to have some of the best artists but I think its easily the worse in Rebirth so far, and I read em all. So many disturbing faces and lazy doodles.

If it wasnt for the fact that its JL, the heart of the DCU, I would already be dropping this crap.

When I saw the art in the preview I said "naw son". I'll jump in when Tony Daniel starts drawing and if Hitch does any filler art I will be skipping this run entirely. Dude's art lately is worse than Humberto Ramos, Greg Land, and Frank Quitely.

EDIT: Wait no I take it back. Nothing is worse than Ramos.

Mafro

AvX is what I'm thinking of. Everything leading up to it was golden, and I was imaging a landscape where we moved the real world anaolgy from the X-men from the Civil Rights movement to somewhat more modern context. Cyclops being this revolutionary taking mutants and running Gurellia Warfare on humanity seems super dope, but we never see him do any terrible out of necessity we only hear about. Pre AvX Cyclops seems to have more teeth than his post AvX incarnation.
Post-AvX was funny to watch various writers trying their hardest to not make Cyclops a villain, which he basically was right after that event.

Todays issue 2 of Batman had the best art by Finch that I have ever seen. The inks and colors finally gave his art a certain unique look.

Walking Dead - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! It was kind of obvious that was going to happen. At least while I was reading the issue. That Kill or Be Killed preview was dope, too.

Also, "I don't even trust Alfred" ? What the fuck is this?

I really hope that was meant jokingly from Bruce.

"You're not some hardened vigilante. You're a young man with a trust fund and too much anger. You are in over your head and I don't want this to be your end."

jackdoe

Tony Daniel has trouble drawing feet and noses, but at least he's not EVS. Good god is that some of the most detailed yet awful artwork ever.

I think you're reading to much into it, but this issue was actually really interesting.

Yeah the weird stuff with
the memories of Battleworld
was interesting and I can't wait to see where that goes. But I don't think it's an indication
this isn't 616 Peter.

Tomasi and Gleason are doing good work over on Superman. They've got the father and son thing down.

I couldn't help but mark out at the big reveal in Superman #2.

Sandfox

For the people still doubting it, Ta-Nehisi Coates said on twitter that he plans on writing Black Panther past issue 12.

Yeah the weird stuff with
the memories of Battleworld
was interesting and I can't wait to see where that goes. But I don't think it's an indication
this isn't 616 Peter.
I really want to see why Jay and May are coughing up blood.

Hey, we've been really good about spoilers the past couple of Wednesdays! Give yourselves a pat on the back comicgaf. Or applause if you're American.

Superman vs Action Comics vs Batman?

Hmmm I'd probably go Action Comics > Superman > Batman but I haven't read today's Supes yet.

Never thought I'd type something like that, but I'm actually really digging the Supes books. I think it's probably DC's best stuff right now. I'm glad I gave them a shot.

Lashley

Hmmm I'd probably go Action Comics > Superman > Batman but I haven't read today's Supes yet.

Never thought I'd type something like that, but I'm actually really digging the Supes books. I think it's probably DC's best stuff right now. I'm glad I gave them a shot.

100%

Lashley

I would put Superman over Action comics personally.

I might too, after today's issue.

Read Batman. Im so happy
Hugo Strange
is back. One of my all time favorite villains.

Batman for slow burn best payoff. Action for instant gratification but questionable long game. Superman for something right in the middle.

We don't even know if the payoff in Batman will be good though

Sandfox

Finally got round to reading #3 today. It's slow paced but I'm really enjoying it. My second favourite book from Marvel at the moment.
Right now my list is probably:
1. Nighthawk
2. Moon Knight
3. All New Wolverine
4. Black Panther

These books surprised me.

I agree with this.

Top Bottom