• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Haven't even seen the new Iron-Man news mentioned in r/comicbooks?

EDIT: Nevermind, see the thread. No bad posts from what I can see though.

My top 4 from Marvel at the moment is
1. Vision
2. Black Panther
3. Darth Vader
4. Doctor Strange

It took me a second to remember that Marvel are the Star Wars publisher now, which made that list very odd for a moment.

For me, it's probably Vision, Mighty Thor, Gwenpool, Doctor Strange. Not sure about order.

TheFlow

Banned
For the people still doubting it, Ta-Nehisi Coates said on twitter that he plans on writing Black Panther past issue 12.

I really want to see why Jay and May are coughing up blood.
Fuck yes!!! Get hyped! Ongoing panther all the way to the movie

Done with Hip Hop Family Tree v1. It was quite brilliant. Piskor is able to structure what is essentially a documentary into something that reads like a regular comic book. But it never feels exaggerated or embellished.

The volume actually has a "climax" so to speak, with the Busy Bee vs Kool Moe Dee battle and also an "epilogue" to set up vol 2.

I think I'll pick up the box set.

I talk about it all the time, but brehs

BREHS

Stray Bullets today was fantastic. While we sitting here talking about how boring/not boring Tom King Batman is, paying $6 a month hoping that'll eventually payoff with something interesting, here's a book that works as a continuing story but also a satisfying unit itself. A book with three dimensional characters, great dialog, intelligent usage of word balloon shapes and placements, tension that steadily builds throughout the entire issue through judicious cutting and specific framing, action sequences that feel real and exciting, great bits of humor...its just so good, ya'll.

TheFlow

Banned

BREHS

Stray Bullets today was fantastic. While we sitting here talking about how boring/not boring Tom King Batman is, paying $6 a month hoping that'll eventually payoff with something interesting, here's a book that works as a continuing story but also a satisfying unit itself. A book with three dimensional characters, great dialog, intelligent usage of word balloon shapes and placements, tension that steadily builds throughout the entire issue through judicious cutting and specific framing, action sequences that feel real and exciting, great bits of humor...its just so good, ya'll.
Crazy how it is all a prequel too

Green Arrow #2 was great. Otto straight killing it.

Justice League was a decent enough story, marred by some horrible art. There's one particular panel with Wonder Woman's face where she looks fifty.

Sou Da

Green Arrow #2 was great. Otto straight killing it.

Justice League was a decent enough story, marred by some horrible art. There's one particular panel with Wonder Woman's face where she looks fifty.

I know the exact one.

r2jEqYB.png

Something Awful is pretty good at always having these, Hitch can never draw her right. Also everything not involving Superman in that issue was terribly written.

JTripper

I enjoyed ASM 15. Excited for Dead No More, whatever that might be. Also, that last letter in the letters column got me a little choked up, not gonna lie.

On the subject of Spider-Man, I jumped on right after Spider-Island ended and never read the whole thing. What are some good Spider-Man stories to read from I guess the few years leading up to Spider-Island?

frye

BREHS

every time I'm reading the new issue it's like... holy shit this is all a lot more complicated than how I assumed this went down

but as good as it is -- and it is really good -- after the last two storylines (Killers + Sunshine & Roses) I'd very much like a return to the old ongoing format of mostly one-and-dones vs continuous story arcs we're getting now, though if I had to guess it'd be that he's gonna do another Ginny arc

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just burned through 11 issues of Invincible Iron Man.

this is really fun stuff. techno golem & riri are great new additions.

tim1138

I don't know if I'm familiar with much of his work. Justice League #1 had some truly awful panels.

Books of note by Hitch - Wildstorm Stormwatch, the Authority, the Ultimates vol 1 and 2, the first half of Age of Ultron, and Captain America Reborn. Dude is amazing.

every time I'm reading the new issue it's like... holy shit this is all a lot more complicated than how I assumed this went down

but as good as it is -- and it is really good -- after the last two storylines (Killers + Sunshine & Roses) I'd very much like a return to the old ongoing format of mostly one-and-dones vs continuous story arcs we're getting now, though if I had to guess it'd be that he's gonna do another Ginny arc

I feel you. As good as this stuff is, I do miss the issues like #19 where seemingly totally unrelated characters/on the fringe of the "plot". Luckily, it sure looks like that's what next issue is gonna be about with this Annie Chesswick character.

Top Bottom