• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Here's a newsarama interview with King that I thought was pretty interesting. Primarily this:

And although King said this first part of his planned trilogy should finish up by Batman #6, there are some seeds being planted now that won't completely pay off until #22.

believe in King

I mean, this is the first panel of the comic. What an intro.

hVWjyOx.jpg

Messi

Anyone buy Kurtis Wiebes Bounty #1 or are we just assuming he will ditch this series before it goes anywhere again?

frye

there's no man better than Bryan Hitch at drawing meticulously detailed rubble, it's all Bendis had him to for the first 100 pages of Age of Ultron

(I used to not be a huge Hitch fan but a semi-recent Ultimates reread made me realize I really do like him a lot)

I feel you. As good as this stuff is, I do miss the issues like #19 where seemingly totally unrelated characters/on the fringe of the "plot". Luckily, it sure looks like that's what next issue is gonna be about with this Annie Chesswick character.

yeah, those issues are a big part of what makes Stray Bullets such a great comic. I also like #20 which has characters we've never seen before and at the end Monster shows up outta nowhere

TheFlow

Banned
I have had 3 of those and honestly I really didn't like them. I am a man who likes subs too. I don't get the hype. What is one supposed to order to get a nice one?
Well damn man. I always get the Italian.

a lot of people like publix because you can order whatever type of meat/cheese they have at a better quality than the normal chain sandwich sub

Has anyone tried that Sam Humphries comic, Jonesy? It looks cute, but it's also a Sam Humphries comic, and Sam Humphries wrote Our Love is Real. So I'm (understandably, I think) hesitant.

Hagi

I could easily screenshot some ass-looking pages from the comic if you'd like. You didn't prove anyone wrong.

You said his art was stupid bad though and he gave current examples of it not being. Hitch can be inconsistent just like any artist. Tell you what is absolutely consistent among artists is that nobody can make Simons Lantern costume not look dumb as hell.

How is Civil War part deux faring so far? can't say I've had any interest in picking it or any of the books it's seeped into up yet.

mreddie

How is Civil War part deux faring so far? can't say I've had any interest in picking it or any of the books it's seeped into up yet.

The tie ins have been hands off in a way, Spider Woman is fighting to stay away while Ms. Marvel is doing the moral better.

there's no man better than Bryan Hitch at drawing meticulously detailed rubble, it's all Bendis had him to for the first 100 pages of Age of Ultron

(I used to not be a huge Hitch fan but a semi-recent Ultimates reread made me realize I really do like him a lot)

yeah, those issues are a big part of what makes Stray Bullets such a great comic. I also like #20 which has characters we've never seen before and at the end Monster shows up outta nowhere

Gonna pretend you briefly forgot about Otomo in the first half of this comment, fam

I believe Stray Bullets #20 is still the furthest, chronologically, we've ever been in the series. I always wonder if we'll see those characters.

You said his art was stupid bad though and he gave current examples of it not being. Hitch can be inconsistent just like any artist. Tell you what is absolutely consistent among artists is that nobody can make Simons Lantern costume not look dumb as hell.

Inconsistent is the wrong word. It mostly looked bad all through the comic. I don't remember any of my fav artists drawing a comic that looks absolutely terrible throughout most of the pages. The panels in JL Rebirth are so jarring they drop-kick you in the face.

Messi

Well damn man. I always get the Italian.

a lot of people like publix because you can order whatever type of meat/cheese they have at a better quality than the normal chain sandwich sub

I can see it is of a higher quality but it just didn't click. I eat too many subs here in ireland. I got chicken tenders, jack, mayo, lettuce and tomato. I think.

I will say...them chicken tenders on their own? delicious.

Only 2 more weeks until I am back on US soil boys. Prepare the mountain dew pitch black and other assorted rest stop snacks. Jerky.

wBk632u.jpg

I mean, some pannels are good, but overall the book is wildly inconsistent, ranging from okay to "oh god wtf." The later being particularly common every time he tries to draw somebodies face in any detail.

Would you mind quoting that image. I am going blind.

TheFlow

Banned
I can see it is of a higher quality but it just didn't click. I eat too many subs here in ireland. I got chicken tenders, jack, mayo, lettuce and tomato. I think.

I will say...them chicken tenders on their own? delicious.

Only 2 more weeks until I am back on US soil boys. Prepare the mountain dew pitch black and other assorted rest stop snacks. Jerky.

Would you mind quoting that image. I am going blind.
Oh man those chicken tender subs are straight fire.

Messi

Has anyone tried that Sam Humphries comic, Jonesy? It looks cute, but it's also a Sam Humphries comic, and Sam Humphries wrote Our Love is Real. So I'm (understandably, I think) hesitant.

Its doing well enough that it was upgraded from a mini to an ongoing. I was waiting for the trade myself after seeing some buzz from kate leth, kevin wada and those kind of creators.

frye

I believe Stray Bullets #20 is still the furthest, chronologically, we've ever been in the series. I always wonder if we'll see those characters.

it's pretty up there, but Killers takes us a bit past that iirc. I wanna say that that dude was a cryptographer or something, and after "what exactly happened to Beth/Orson/Nina" that the current mini is answering that plot thread is the one I want follow up to the most.

Hagi

I mean, some pannels are good, but overall the book is wildly inconsistent, ranging from okay to "oh god wtf." The later being particularly common every time he tries to draw somebodies face in any detail.

Can you please post a bigger picture. Not sure if Ant-Man or Aquaman.

Inconsistent is the wrong word. It mostly looked bad all through the comic. I don't remember any of my fav artists drawing a comic that looks absolutely terrible throughout most of the pages. The panels in JL Rebirth are so jarring they drop-kick you in the face.

I guess I'll have to buy and read it myself to parse the hyperbole.

Top Bottom