• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
What if Cyclops saves the X-Men from the mists? Because that is totally how this ends.

Well it will be over for two months by the time it hits MU so if the story goes differently than I think it's gonna I can still give it a shot.

But I'm sure the X-Men will all get their asses kicked and Scott, Emma, Eva Bell, and the Cuckoos will all die in a last ditch suicide mission to save mutants from complete and utter destruction.

Amazing Spiderman #15

Wow, this was just garbage. I can't believe I managed to put up with the entire arc. This comic started in mediocrity and has really hit an all-time low. Feels like some shitty anime filler tbh.

Batman #2

I liked that issue very much, like the one before that. It's very early to judge Tom King's writing, but for now he's great. I hope he keeps on giving.

Some observations:
The monster men and Hugo Strange plot reminds me of a golden age issue of Batman. Hugo Strange creates monster men. However, in that issue, they are giants.
"He does that" line reminded me of Long Halloween.
Also, maybe Morrison room might be a nod to Grant Morrison.

Boogiepop

Unfortunately, the Sandman omnibuses also have the same problem.

A lot of people are getting rid of the Preacher HC sets to upgrade to the Absolutes. So maybe you will find a deal there. (There's a set for sale for $110 on the facebook group).
Wait, the Sandman Omnibuses get that too, not just the Absolutes? Dang, sucks for me then. But seriously, thanks for the heads up, and that's definitely some good advice that I'll keep in mind!

Edit: Also, geez, I forgot how terrible things can be because of kids who treat bookstores like a library. Went into Barnes and Noble for the first time in a while, and a large amount of their comics and manga looked like particularly low quality used books at this point, despite being "new". Like, those things were beat up and heavily read.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
So...far....
"TREES Volume 3 will be next year some time. We need to take a run-up at it, as it's going to be big and complex and very difficult. And every lesson I learned from 1 and 2 will be applied to it."

He needs time!

If you wanna see Romita, Miki and White firing on all cylinders, get yourself the first arc of Remender's Captain America. It's that good.

That sounds pretty damn good,,, Love me some Remender.
I'll check this out ty

I don't know if I can get behind JRJR Batman. Everyone is going to have a square head.
Lol,,, Yeah, thats why I said I guess I like his art now. Couldn't do his Superman book for very long.. idk we'll see

You are referring to Captain America: Steve Rogers, yes?
Red Skull is the one behind it. Zemo's just been a tool. Post Civil War, Cap was assassinated, which prompted Bucky to take up the mantle. Then was brought back because he wasn't dead. The bullet suspended him in another dimension or something. More recently, he lost his super soldier serum and was aged. Not having the physical capabilities anymore, he handed the shield to Sam Wilson this time. As detailed in #2, an event called Standoff occurred (which was quite good), in which Cap received his old body back (SSS and everything) and his memories are rewritten so that he was a member of Hydra all along via the Cosmic Cube a.k.a. Kobik -- the little girl who is apparently now pals with Red Skull (who I cannot for the life of me imagine sounding anything that isn't Skeletor-meets-German-stereotype).

Oops, I meant to type
Red Skull
Thanks for clarifying the rest. So there's an actual comic arc in Pleasant Town?

Here, you'll need this

What? I'm like half way through it so far and it's pretty good. The TV show really got me into the series
Before the TV show I was like what's so special about a guy that can run fast.
But time travel and all that jazz that comes along with the speed force is pretty cool.

Neoxon

I heard that Death of X is finally gonna cover what happened between the end of Secret Wars & the start of Extraordinary X-Men (namely the Cyclops stuff). Is this true?

VanWinkle

Just read GA #2 and Batman #2. GA was fantastic. Percy and Schmidt have been killing it with that book. Batman was alright. I'll give it one more issue before I decide whether to drop it or not.

I really wish she at least had a different color theme like Kid Nova has a different color theme than Nova Prime had.

Also, I bet that one book will draw her too tall.

squadr0n

Just noticed Midtown Comics is having a huge sale on everything atm. Up to 75%off, if you need any back issues now is probably the time to buy.

Anyone here pickup the Absolute Preacher yet? Cant find any pics online.

I should hopefully receive my first set in the next couple of weeks. I used Houchen and the process is fairly straightforward. And their FAQ section is comprehensive.

Their ordering process is kinda confusing. Do you have a link to the order form because im having a time trying to find it myself. What kind of cover did you pick? Also if you dont mind providing the details, how many issues did you bind and how much did it run you?

Just read GA #2 and Batman #2. GA was fantastic. Percy and Schmidt have been killing it with that book. Batman was alright. I'll give it one more issue before I decide whether to drop it or not.

Even VanWinkle has started buying single issues. -_-

Fun Fact: Yesterday I learnt from Hip Hop Family Tree that Vanilla Ice's real name is Van Winkle.

Their ordering process is kinda confusing. Do you have a link to the order form because im having a time trying to find it myself. What kind of cover did you pick?

Here's the order form I filled in. (I went with the Graphic Cover option). - I am binding two volumes, so I filled in two forms.

http://houchenbindery.com/wp-conten...-Book-Order-Form-Graphic-Updated-May-2016.pdf

Here is the order form for the cloth cover.

http://houchenbindery.com/wp-conten...k-Order-Form-Cloth-Cover-Updated-May-2016.pdf

This link has detailed information of what each of the options in the binding form mean.

http://houchenbindery.com/order/comic-book-options/

Once you send the sets of books, they will send you an email that they have received it and will start working on it.

If you had chosen the custom cover option, 4 weeks into the process they will mail you a document that has all the dimensions for the cover. Once you create the cover in GIMP/Photoshop, you can send them the PDFs. They'll apply the cover and send you a payment request and then ship you your volumes.

I think someone was asking about binding tradepaperbacks. It can be done but you will have to separate the cover from the pages. (You can use a hairdryer on the spine or microwave the book - I haven't attempted this yet).

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
AjIsZrN.jpg

Top Bottom