• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Vic_Viper

pqBvT2M.jpg

Please let this be good!

Any Idea when its starting?

squadr0n

Here's the order form I filled in. (I went with the Graphic Cover option). - I am binding two volumes, so I filled in two forms.

http://houchenbindery.com/wp-conten...-Book-Order-Form-Graphic-Updated-May-2016.pdf

Here is the order form for the cloth cover.

http://houchenbindery.com/wp-conten...k-Order-Form-Cloth-Cover-Updated-May-2016.pdf

This link has detailed information of what each of the options in the binding form mean.

http://houchenbindery.com/order/comic-book-options/

Once you send the sets of books, they will send you an email that they have received it and will start working on it.

If you had chosen the custom cover option, 4 weeks into the process they will mail you a document that has all the dimensions for the cover. Once you create the cover in GIMP/Photoshop, you can send them the PDFs. They'll apply the cover and send you a payment request and then ship you your volumes.

I think someone was asking about binding tradepaperbacks. It can be done but you will have to separate the cover from the pages. (You can use a hairdryer on the spine or microwave the book - I haven't attempted this yet).

Thanks for the information. That will really help me out. Will probably do one and see how it turns out. Do these guys have a pretty good reputation? Havent really done any research other than seeing if there are other places that do custom binding as well. Looks like theres another site that actually just uses them anyway lol which seems kinda redundant.

Whats Hamilton and why has Slott get problems from it on Twitter?

Hamilton is a Broadway play about Alexander Hamilton. No idea what Slott is getting flak for though. Maybe he thinks the music sounds as lame as I do. People love that thing.

Problem starts with the page in this tweet.

https://twitter.com/FotoCub/status/750802186989400064

Thanks for the information. That will really help me out. Will probably do one and see how it turns out. Do these guys have a pretty good reputation? Havent really done any research other than seeing if there are other places that do custom binding as well. Looks like theres another site that actually just uses them anyway lol which seems kinda redundant.

Yeah, that other service essentially takes on the leg work for you about figuring out cover designs, the packaging, etc. I think you should be able to do it yourself. Isn't very complicated.

I did look at a couple of other binderies but Houchen seemed to have the most options and the price was pretty decent too.

Vic_Viper

From the Death of X interview:

"To hear them tell it, Soule and Lemire are just as excited to reveal some of these long-burning mysteries as fans are to read them. But they’re still staying mum on important story details. For instance, what does the title Death of X mean? Does it refer to one specific death, or a more abstract “death” for the entire X-universe of mutants and X-Men? For that, you’ll just have to wait until October for the first two issues of Death of X (with the final two following in November)."

Sounds like we might be seeing the X-Men disband and fraction off into other teams. Atleast we will get some answers as to what happened after Secret Wars but im not liking the implications as to where the X-Books are going to be after this "event".

tim1138

Whats Hamilton and why has Slott get problems from it on Twitter?

Hamilton is a Broadway musical by Lin-Manuel Miranda about the American founding father Alexander Hamilton. All of the music is done as hip hop, and aside from King George, everyone in the main cast are persons of color. The complaint is that to get around the fact they couldn't use any of the actors likenesses, they just whitewashed everyone, which is pretty gross. Not a good look there for Marvel.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Slott doesn't like Hamilton?

That makes sense. Go away, Slott.

Hamilton is a Broadway musical by Lin-Manuel Miranda about the American founding father Alexander Hamilton. All of the music is done as hip hop, and aside from King George, everyone in the main cast are persons of color. The complaint is that to get around the fact they couldn't use any of the actors likenesses, they just whitewashed everyone, which is pretty gross. Not a good look there for Marvel.

Oh, that's like a hundred times worse.

Get it together, Marvel.

I feel like a lot of them do.
Yeah, the moment the issue with She-Hulk's death/coma was released Kate Leth went into damage control mode and made it perfectly clear that she had no control over it(being one of three creators actually using Shulkie before CWII), hated it, ruined future arcs for her and that she hadn't been told before she left a script and got told "You can't do this because she's dying that month".

CWII went from no idea to paper in 6 months and it shows.

Neoxon

"To hear them tell it, Soule and Lemire are just as excited to reveal some of these long-burning mysteries as fans are to read them. But they’re still staying mum on important story details. For instance, what does the title Death of X mean? Does it refer to one specific death, or a more abstract “death” for the entire X-universe of mutants and X-Men? For that, you’ll just have to wait until October for the first two issues of Death of X (with the final two following in November)."

Sounds like we might be seeing the X-Men disband and fraction off into other teams. Atleast we will get some answers as to what happened after Secret Wars but im not liking the implications as to where the X-Books are going to be after this "event".
But isn't the story set before Extraordinary X-Men?

I'm super excited
Is that Emma... Please... Emma :(

tumblr_inline_movwliquNs1qz4rgp.gif
I don't know who else it'd be.
Intrigued
Who is Iron Spider? Who brought that ugly ass outfit back?

THe X-Men are already in different factions that have no idea what the rest are doing. Magneto's team and Storm's team aren't even remotely in the same book, and the rest are either chilling on Utopia, on a road trip, or trying to go back to normal lives. Beast is with the Royal Family trying to figure shit out.
But isn't the story set before Extraordinary X-Men?
They say that most of it is. Not all of it.

Oops, I meant to type
Red Skull
Thanks for clarifying the rest. So there's an actual comic arc in Pleasant Town?
Yes there is an actual arc there. It's called Standoff. It'll probably be released in trade soonish, but otherwise you can just pick up the Alpha and Omega issues and the Captain America: Sam Wilson issues. That's all you'll really need. The rest is good stuff, but not necessary.

What? I'm like half way through it so far and it's pretty good. The TV show really got me into the series
Before the TV show I was like what's so special about a guy that can run fast.
But time travel and all that jazz that comes along with the speed force is pretty cool.
Mainly because I thought it was one of the most boring comics I've ever read. I only read the first trade and almost fell asleep. The only thing it had going for it was that the art was fantastic.
MJ wears the Iron Spidey... Please just dont giver her an Ongoing...
But why?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What if these Mephisto sequence from Spider-Man/Deadpool and todays callbacks to
the Secret Wars Mini
are intentional and we will have the GOAT Spidey Status Quo back for Marvel Now?

Christ, I'm confused as fuck reading Moon Knight.

Because Slott.

Regent can defeat every other hero, including Thor and Vision, but MJ in an Iron-Spider suit helps release Spidey and Iron Man to defeat him

MJ didn't actually beat him or anything. She just rammed into Regent while Spidey was distracting him which freed him and Iron Man from the mind bubbles. And the only reason they beat him is because when Spidey got loose he freed all the heroes Regent was sucking powers from and ganged up on him. Regent only beat Thor and Vision one on one anyway.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Fucking hell, the new Punisher comic might be the worst thing I've ever read. I've given it 3 issues, but fuck this.

I'm sure there's the odd manga I would like, but I find the right-to-left thing really difficult having read only western comics for 25+ years at this point.

Mainly because I thought it was one of the most boring comics I've ever read. I only read the first trade and almost fell asleep. The only thing it had going for it was that the art was fantastic.

Art is indeed great. I love how they blend the words, "DC Comics Proudly Presents The Flash" into the art in every issue.

I'm sure there's the odd manga I would like, but I find the right-to-left thing really difficult having read only western comics for 25+ years at this point.

It's really not a big deal. Same way that some people are about subtitles on their animu. You stop noticing you're even doing it before long.

Top Bottom