• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Messi

I'm in for the creative team, and I hope The Mighty Thor continues on.

Coming this Fall, The Unworthy Thor, by Mighty Thor writer Jason Aaron and artist Olivier Coipel, will follow the god’s escape and captivity—revealed to be at the hands of none other than cosmic archiver the Collector—and his journey to becoming a hero once more. But he’s not taking Jane’s place: Unworthy Thor is expressly a companion series to Mighty Thor. The Odinson is forging his own path, and will even wield his own hammer... one that actually has some pretty huge connections to the Pre-Secret Wars Marvel universe.

It's staying

UV1FjfX.jpg

Neoxon

Speaking of mutants in Disney Infinity, Avalanche pitched concept art for a Wolverine figure before it got shot down by Marvel.

030.jpg

Neoxon

Marvel burying x-men in these kinds of things constantly bothers me and upsets me. They deserve much better.
Indeed they do. And sadly, with there being so little awareness of what's going on, Marvel's getting away with it.

Sandfox

I would like to see X-Men figures, but it wasn't going to happen with Infinity either way unless they had a Marvel cartoon or movie.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
If Feige manages to reach a deal with Fox, Perlmutter will either be forced to hold that L or resign.
The movie devision doesnt matter in that case.
Perlmutter is the one who most likely enforced that no Fantastic Four or X-Men rule, he once yelled at one if the office worker because he had a Fantastic Four poster on the wall an forced him to take it of.
Also he is head of the Toys Division...

Neoxon

There was apparently concept art of Wolverine in his Astonishing X-Men costume (the one used in the MvC3 games). But again, shot down by Marvel.

I would like to see X-Men figures, but it wasn't going to happen with Infinity either way unless they had a Marvel cartoon or movie.
Spider-Gwen says hi.

I feel like the death of Wolverine is still keenly felt in the X-books, and really across the entire Marvel line. Yeah he was overexposed but he was also a pillar of the universe. OML is nice to have around, as is Laura, but it's not the same. Never thought I'd say this but I miss him.

Cool little setups in all the mini stories. I think I'm gonna enjoy this series. It'll be a nice side story alongside the main event, just like Frontlines with the first Civil War.

I loved seeing Robbie's progression into becoming Penance.

Cool little setups in all the mini stories. I think I'm gonna enjoy this series. It'll be a nice side story alongside the main event, just like Frontlines with the first Civil War.

I loved seeing Robbie's progression into becoming Penance.

Man, I really hated it. Not worth the high cover price imho.

The Night Thrasher story was especially lame. I really don't need to see the
celestial invasion that kicks off CWII
ever again. I feel like I've read that story fifteen times now across various books. Enough already.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I feel like the death of Wolverine is still keenly felt in the X-books, and really across the entire Marvel line. Yeah he was overexposed but he was also a pillar of the universe. OML is nice to have around, as is Laura, but it's not the same. Never thought I'd say this but I miss him.

OML is a poor substitute, I like his book, but yeah

Man, I really hated it. Not worth the high cover price imho.

The Night Thrasher story was especially lame. I really don't need to see the
celestial invasion that kicks off CWII
ever again. I feel like I've read that story fifteen times now across various books. Enough already.

What are you expecting from a cross over series? Of course there's going to be inclusions of past scenes, albeit from different perspectives.

What are you expecting from a cross over series? Of course there's going to be inclusions of past scenes, albeit from different perspectives.

Engaging stories and decent art? Worth the high price tag?

We just had very different experiences of that comic it seems, which is fine. Opinions and all that, ya know. Nick's story was okay I guess but I thought the latter two were terrible. The Damage Control story was boring and lame. It dragged on forever.

Engaging stories and decent art? Worth the high price tag?

We just had very different experiences of that comic it seems, which is fine. Opinions and all that, ya know. Nick's story was okay I guess but I thought the latter two were terrible. The Damage Control story was boring and lame. It dragged on forever.

I can definitely agree that the art is not up to quality with the main event or even the other crossovers.

And yeah, sure the construction crew story with a sentient bulldozer hero is a bit weird, but I think it can potentially lead to something cool. It was all set up like the beginnings of Civil War: Front Line, wasn't super interesting from the get go, but all the story arcs ended pretty nicely, especially Robbie's story.

I can't believe Logan, Scott, Xavier and possibly Emma are all dead. Man. Take out Storm and it's all over. There's no leadership for the X-folks.

Had a big post about a couple of things but it got swallowed by bad internet.

@Unworthy Thor: Not picking up the issues, waiting on trade. After how long it took for the obvious pre-SW twist to be revealed despite promises that the reveal was happening the next issue every month, how we still don't know what Classic!Fury said years ago and how Agent!Loki is gone I was skeptical Mighty could win me over in two issues and it didn't. I'm trade/sale waiting all Thor books.

@Toys: Big post about how mad I am that we can't even get things like good LEGO sets. Original post had me write so many "I'm mad" that I would probably get a tag.

@Choosing Sides: We couldn't even get a good Night Thrasher story and I was looking forward to that after Ewing brought him back! I expected way more.

TheFlow

Banned
Yes, but worse.

God dammit, my new cell phone is still changing shit that I type. I'll get it trained properly. It already recognizes the word waifu.

No you wouldn't. They're like 3" tall.
I would. I don't even own the game but bought severs of the figures. I would easily pay 60-70 bucks for that set.

Top Bottom