• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

TheFlow

Banned
Oh so guardians of the galaxy will continue. That makes sense. Anything with a movie coming up will definitely stay put.

Sadist

Totally Awesome Hulk was good this week, imo.
The series is very enjoyable. I don't dislike Amadeus, but I was kind of weary of him starring as the Hulk. But he really grew on me. Past two issues are fun because of Banner. "Mr. Banner, you've broken so many bones! You could have been dead!" Banner: "Yes, isn't that great!" I laughed way too hard. The newest issue is great too.

I feel like the death of Wolverine is still keenly felt in the X-books, and really across the entire Marvel line. Yeah he was overexposed but he was also a pillar of the universe. OML is nice to have around, as is Laura, but it's not the same. Never thought I'd say this but I miss him.

OML is a poor substitute, I like his book, but yeah
I wouldn't call him a poor substitute, but while OML is a fun read the book keeps Logan the same; he struggles with the current world, he feels sorry about killing the X-Men, clinging to his other world... and I want him adapting to his new situation. But I guess that's the point of this Logan, he just can't anymore. Appreciate the flashbacks to the Old Man Logan universe though.

But all in all, I miss the mainstream Logan too. Hope Marvel won't take to long before bringing him back. Ah, who am I kidding. We still don't know the details about Cyclops's death :')

Oh so guardians of the galaxy will continue. That makes sense. Anything with a movie coming up will definitely stay put.
I'm willing to bet that AoS won't end until the moment the show is cancelled. How bad are the sales for it by now? Last I checked they were kinda bad.

Prediction: Emma is gonna turn out to have died thanks to the Terrigen mists, and that's gonna be what sets Cyke off to do whatever crazy thing he did that blew up the X-Men and pissed off everyone else. That's how I think it's probably gonna go down.

TheFlow

Banned
Remember how I said we are going to get an x men vs inhuman event last month.. Now here we are. Black bolt is just going to rekt everyone plus terrigen mist for the death blow

tim1138

Legit grumpy they're bringing back the Great Lakes Avengers but Dinah Soares isn't on the roster. No one remembers (or would care) that she was killed off like 10 years ago.

Are you really saying the art in Punisher isn't boring as fuck? It's bland.

the book is boring, I dont blame Steve Dillion. Frank Quitely couldn't make these scripts come to life. Goran Parlov couldn't make that comic good. Jack Kirby could came back alive and he couldnt make this PG-13 failed Netflix pilot Punisher book interesting.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
the book is boring, I dont blame Steve Dillion. Frank Quitely couldn't make these scripts come to life. Goran Parlov couldn't make that comic good. Jack Kirby could came back alive and he couldnt make this PG-13 failed Netflix pilot Punisher book interesting.

Oh, no, I'm not saying the art is the problem with that book. It just isn't good either.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
28139007375_1cf0373e7e_o.png

yoooo Monica got rekt

TheFlow

Banned
Prediction: Emma is gonna turn out to have died thanks to the Terrigen mists, and that's gonna be what sets Cyke off to do whatever crazy thing he did that blew up the X-Men and pissed off everyone else. That's how I think it's probably gonna go down.

If emma dies be prepared for some angry people.

You know if the whole Thor movie was about this predicament it would still be more entertaining than the first two

Superman #2 was pretty good except for that weird ending. I like the father/son dynamic. Having Superman's abilities without the durability that he has seems like a bad deal though. Kid is gonna have more concussions than an NFL player before his next birthday.

Sadist

Here I am thinking he just went crazy and sees the Inhumans as a threat. That's all he needed.

Btw, speaking of Summers; whatever happened to Havoc? After he got inverted (lol) he kind of fell of the map.

That dude is just plain wrong, Spectrum is an awesome name

Btw, speaking of Summers; whatever happened to Havoc? After he got inverted (lol) he kind of fell of the map.

I've been wondering about Havok too. One of the many X-characters who completely disappeared after the time jump in ANAD.

Sandfox

Here I am thinking he just went crazy and sees the Inhumans as a threat. That's all he needed.

He joined up with Cyclops afterwards so we'll probably see him in Death of X.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Emma and Scott are hiding somewhere.

You know if the whole Thor movie was about this predicament it would still be more entertaining than the first two

Superman #2 was pretty good except for that weird ending. I like the father/son dynamic. Having Superman's abilities without the durability that he has seems like a bad deal though. Kid is gonna have more concussions than an NFL player before his next birthday.

I think the
appearance of Eradicator
was going to happen eventually with New 52 supes dead, so I'm glad it's happening so soon.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Honestly. All the talk about Scott and the X-Men really hype me for the Uncanny X-Men OHCs. Cant wait to read them. I want to fuse Mutant Revolutionist Scott into my veines!

Sadist

Maybe Death of X means all mutants die...

Only to be reborn as Inhumans.

Marvel Studios: "Moehahahaha take that Fox!"

GAMEPROFF

Banned
No, seriously. I dont see them shit on the X-Men with this. I expect something where every Scott fan is hyped to death afterwards because he does something mega-amazing.

Then we remain with out 4 shitty X-Men books until Scott returns right in time for the next Relaunch

Dr. Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme...okay, good stuff, just keep Aaron and Bachalo please.

Infamous Iron Man sounds fucking rad, I am ready for Superior Iron Man 2.0. Need to see the creative team though.

Solo...GOD. Fuck this character. Can't believe he's getting his own book. I probably won't even try it. Maybe it's another Ellis rehab project.
I updated it. :p

I can't see Infamous be anything but by the current meh International team.

Uggggh I really hope that's not the case but I suppose you're probably right

=/

Well I'll probably try it anyway, it's a cool idea.
I really hope Bendis isn't trying to redo the Fraction "New female Iron Armor user, Tony on the run" story but with new characters. I really hope the infamous Iron Man is Doom instead of Tony.

Top Bottom