• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Vic_Viper

Anyone here have the Green Lantern Geoff Johns Omni? How is the binding and paper quality? I've heard some of DCs older omnis have horrible binding and or super thin paper. If it's the same quality as the Teen Titans then it's got to be good.

Zombine

Banned
Anyone here have the Green Lantern Geoff Johns Omni? How is the binding and paper quality? I've heard some of DCs older omnis have horrible binding and or super thin paper. If it's the same quality as the Teen Titans then it's got to be good.

I have them. They're really great I think.

VanWinkle

DC omnibi has never had thin paper (except those standard-sized Kirby/etc things), but they've had bad bindings.

The Green Lantern omnis have GREAT binding AND paper quality.

kbcnzuswsnxst7ef9s8j-189290.png

With Aaron and Coipel?! IN. IN IN IN IN IN IN IN.

What's John Cassady up to these days, I wonder? I know he did the first few issues of Star Wars but he seemed to fall off the map after that.

Messi

Had a big post about a couple of things but it got swallowed by bad internet.

@Unworthy Thor: Not picking up the issues, waiting on trade. After how long it took for the obvious pre-SW twist to be revealed despite promises that the reveal was happening the next issue every month, how we still don't know what Classic!Fury said years ago and how Agent!Loki is gone I was skeptical Mighty could win me over in two issues and it didn't. I'm trade/sale waiting all Thor books.

@Toys: Big post about how mad I am that we can't even get things like good LEGO sets. Original post had me write so many "I'm mad" that I would probably get a tag.

@Choosing Sides: We couldn't even get a good Night Thrasher story and I was looking forward to that after Ewing brought him back! I expected way more.

He isn't.

LosDaddie

Banned
ComicsGAF,

Tell me about that new Avengers Time Runs Out hardcover that came out this week. Worth it? Does it lead into Secret Wars? I still havent read SW, but I'd buy this HC if it'll help makes sense of the event.

It's a nice size, at over 500 pages.

Messi

Prediction: Emma is gonna turn out to have died thanks to the Terrigen mists, and that's gonna be what sets Cyke off to do whatever crazy thing he did that blew up the X-Men and pissed off everyone else. That's how I think it's probably gonna go down.

This would be my bet also :(

ComicsGAF,

Tell me about that new Avengers Time Runs Out hardcover that came out this week. Worth it? Does it lead into Secret Wars? I still havent read SW, but I'd buy this HC if it'll help makes sense of the event.

It's been a while since I read it but Time Runs Out is only a small part of a pretty long run from Hickman. I'm not sure you'd get the most out of it you don't read Avengers and New Avengers from the start. Plus it's a genuinely great story as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Messi will you still be able to afford so many comic books now that you have to stop evading taxes?

HAD A DREAM I HADN'T MADE IT
THERE'S NOTHING DRAGGING DOWN ME NOW
CAUSE A GIRL 'GON PUSH IT ALL OUT THE WAYYYYYYY

Boom also announced a #0 issue like with Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, to be called WWE: Then, Now, Forever.

Neoxon

So let me get this straight, Death of X will not only cover what happened in the 8-month gap after Secret Wars for the mutants, but also delve into some present-day stuff? Am I interpreting that correctly?

HAD A DREAM I HADN'T MADE IT
THERE'S NOTHING DRAGGING DOWN ME NOW
CAUSE A GIRL 'GON PUSH IT ALL OUT THE WAYYYYYYY

Boom also announced a #0 issue like with Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, to be called WWE: Then, Now, Forever.

Is this gonna be an ongoing comic? You could write some diabolical shit with the McMahon dynasty as villains.

Sandfox

So let me get this straight, Death of X will not only cover what happened in the 8-month gap after Secret Wars for the mutants, but also delve into some present-day stuff? Am I interpreting that correctly?
All we know is that most of the story will take place during the gap.

Owzers

MU app on my ipad autoshuts when opened now after the update.

All i want to do is read comics :/

Digital comics....truly the worst.

Vic_Viper

ComicsGAF,

It's a great part of a super long run from Hickman that will make absolutely no sense if you haven't read everything from his Avengers and New Avengers up to it, along with Infinity. But yes it leads directly into Secret Wars.

Hagi

This looks so cool that I'm pushing the impending feeling of disappointment it will bring as far back in my mind as possible. Looking forward to this hopefully not being terrible.

How are the current X books anyway? any of them worth picking up now? the only mutant related book I've kept up with is Wolverine.

Messi

I finished East of West Year One.

dhMeAzK.gif

Tour de force in quality comics. Builds to a really strong end but keeps me very interested to keep going into year two. I absolutely love the horsemen. Big props to Dragotta and Martin. That art is absolutely stellar throughout and is incredibly consistent. I will recommend this hardcover to anyone who wants a great comic book.

Messi

Any chance of the real Logan returning soon? I didn't think his death would stick as much as it has. I guess they don't need him with old man and Laura taking the mantle.

This was shown today as well (artist is Matías Bergara):

He must be one of the Then mini-comics because of the old scratch logo and he has his old logo on his tights. Plus he still has the hair obviously.

good, cuz they hinted at this when they said they were gonna focus on the GOAT

Triple-H.0.gif

Top Bottom