• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

mreddie

I'm willing to bet that AoS won't end until the moment the show is cancelled. How bad are the sales for it by now? Last I checked they were kinda bad.

Yep, it's bad but Marvel has let low selling books keep going for awhile.

Infamous Iron Man sounds fucking dope and not shocked Strange is getting a team book. But Solo? Marvel, you gave a bunch of jabronis books last year and it failed! WHY TRY AGAIN?

Oh god the NEWSRAMA comments. "Not my Marvel! Mutant Lives Matter."

Hagi

What is Solo? I'm guessing it isn't the Han Solo book getting bumped up to an ongoing. Thor sounds pretty cool even if I was enjoying Odinson not needing a hammer.

I go by the SavageCritic.com scale which roughly translates to:

Excellent (9/10 or 10/10)
Very Good (8/10)
Good (7/10)
Okay (6/10)
Eh (5/10)
Awful (3/10 or 4/10)
Crap (1/10 or 2/10)

VanWinkle

Man, Blackest Night is great. Loving the Green Lantern issues that are interweaved as well (the event and the GL issues are in proper reading order in the Johns omnibus which adds some context and story over the event proper). Having a blast reading it.

Sandfox

Dr Strange is cancelled at #12? Wat... Aaron and Bachalo better be on the strange team up book. Or have another book.
We know the issue is getting delayed, but we'll see if that means the other book is replacing it.
What is Solo? I'm guessing it isn't the Han Solo book getting bumped up to an ongoing. Thor sounds pretty cool even if I was enjoying Odinson not needing a hammer.
Solo is a Spider-Man character from the 80s/90s that now works for Deadpool.

mreddie

So Marvel marks are mad Marvel is replacing some heroes even more despite the fact 5 years ago, the same fans were complaining that Marvel kept focusing on the same heroes and doing nothing.

Basically DC if they didn't botch 52.

Is he a good gun guy or a bad gun guy?

THE Gun Guy.

giphy.gif

Busaiku

I still don't get why Marvel decided to keep Regent as just an Amazing Spider-Man villain, rather than something like an event villain.

mreddie

Remember when Wolverine was in 2 X Men books, 2 books of his own and was on 2 Avengers teams?

So the marks want that back?

Sandfox

Is Marvel going to keep rebooting their line until people start raving about their books like they did for Rebirth?
Marvel clearly has their own method that they've been using since arguably Heroic Age. Certain books just get retooled.
I still don't get why Marvel decided to keep Regent as just an Amazing Spider-Man villain, rather than something like an event villain.
We just had RYV and Slott has probably been planning Dead No More for a while so it makes sense imo.

Marvel clearly has their own method that they've been using since arguably Heroic Age. Certain books just get retooled.

Retooled constantly, which is the thing. In the time DC went from the old DCU, to the New 52, to Rebirth - how many times did Marvel revamp their offerings?

Theyre canceling the one marvel book i was considering going monthly on once my Rebirth list died down? Marvel is so strange.

Also, got around to Aquaman. I dont really understand why people were smashing this issues art. I mean its nothing special but I didnt find it actually "bad."

Retooled constantly, which is the thing. In the time DC went from the old DCU, to the New 52, to Rebirth - how many times did Marvel revamp their offerings?

The Heroic Age
Shattered Heroes/X-Men Regenesis (happened around the same time, SH was more Avengers)
Marvel Now
All-New Marvel Now
Avengers Now
All-New All-Different Marvel

So half a dozen times. Seven if you count Secret Wars replacing the entire line for half a year.

TheFlow

Banned
Old man Logan #1-5 Secret Wars Tie in.

damn this was great. Old man logan is such a cool character. Now unto ANAD OML

edit: ANAd OML is not on MU yet :/

Sandfox

The Heroic Age
Shattered Heroes/X-Men Regenesis (happened around the same time, SH was more Avengers)
Marvel Now
All-New Marvel Now
Avengers Now
All-New All-Different Marvel

So half a dozen times. Seven if you count Secret Wars replacing the entire line for half a year.

Heroic Age was before New 52.

Marvel basically does something every year where they either replace or relaunch certain books with changes.

Top Bottom