• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

VanWinkle

Finished Green Lantern Omni Vol. 2. Incredible stuff. And oh my goodness, Ivan Reis has to be one of the best comic artists in the world. They had a pencils-only issue at the end in the bonus section and I couldn't get OVER how good is is.

what if I told ya'll niggas that Genndy "Samurai Jack, Powerful Puff Girls, Dexter's Lab" Tartakvsky was doing a Luke Cage mini series???

CAGE_COVER_final_1200_1822_81_s.jpg

CAGE!_1_Interior_Page_1200_1822_81_s.jpg

Abnett and Lanning's GotG is so fucking good. I love the Universal Church of Truth. Cool powers and fucking awesome imagery. I'm a sucker for cathedrals as settings and organized religion as villains.

what if I told ya'll niggas that Genndy "Samurai Jack, Powerful Puff Girls, Dexter's Lab" Tartakvsky was doing a Luke Cage mini series???

I would say that what you posted seems like evidence, but could very well just be a lie.

Owzers

I'm starting a new community thread on gaf for people who only read floppies because this trend of digital "comics" is wrong and it can't continue without action. Join me in the "Show Me Your Papers lOTl August 2016. A Better Community" thread.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm starting a new community thread on gaf for people who only read floppies because this trend of digital "comics" is wrong and it can't continue without action. Join me in the "Show Me Your Papers lOTl August 2016. A Better Community" thread.
My bro. We will be the only two posters I guess :/

Wouldn't this be All-New All-Different Marvel NOW?
I dont know, I thought it was supposed to be only Marvel Now.

The Prince Valiant studio edition was 17" x 23"! Comparatively, IDW Don Rosa AE is 14" x 20".

And I agree about FB. They are putting out so many great editions. Disney box sets, Peanuts box sets, all the L&R editions, Hip Hop Family Tree, Eternaut, Tardi collections, Adele Blanc Sec... the list goes on. The larger Locas hard covers are very well put together too.
Nice, I'll keep my eye on it. Jaime is such an incredible artist.

Btw, you should check out 5000KM Per Second. It's really good. I still want to check out Eternaut and Crepax eventually too.
If it is a gallery edition then it will be bigger anything on your shelf.
I have the Batman by Kelley Jones Gallery Edition and it's a monster. I had to lay it horizontally because it can't fit any other way.

“”We are digital. Lower your shelves and surrender your comics. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.”

Messi

Can I join on special permissions? NBA correspondent maybe?

All you people with your digital comics. When I was a child, we had to read our comics by the street lights.

Nice, I'll keep my eye on it. Jaime is such an incredible artist.

Btw, you should check out 5000KM Per Second. It's really good. I still want to check out Eternaut and Crepax eventually too.

I have the Batman by Kelley Jones Gallery Edition and it's a monster. I had to lay it horizontally because it can't fit any other way.

I do have 5000 kmps on order at my library. Hopefully I'll get it soon.

Tizoc

Abnett and Lanning's GotG is so fucking good. I love the Universal Church of Truth. Cool powers and fucking awesome imagery. I'm a sucker for cathedrals as settings and organized religion as villains.

I would say that what you posted seems like evidence, but could very well just be a lie.

I need to give DnA's GotG a re-read, I loved that run. Best Rocket too.

“”We are digital. Lower your shelves and surrender your comics. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.”

I am 44 years old and grow up reading comics, old paper style. Until recently I was a strong defender of physical editions, magazines, comics, games (I own a +1k game collection). But... I have being assimilated. There is no way to denie the convinience of digital. Less space (lol I cannot have more shelves), imediately delivery (living outside US I have to wait weeks, months for the magazines to arrive), even conservation (paper us hard to keep at tropical countries). The only downfalls are still price (unterstand that they have to charge the same as physical ed. but they don't cost the same for them, should be lower - yet is cheaper than importing for me) and the unsecurity of the future (will I be able to read then in say 20 years from now?).

One other thing I forgot to say about why I love digital: no ads!

I love looking through back issues from the 80s and 90s to see old video game ads, but modern ads suck.

VanWinkle

https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/status/750887400784748544

This tweet and the chain of replies is hilarious!

And every big name artist seems to have piled on too.

That woman in the replies is insane. She thinks someone asking to see your art at a comic shop while you have your portfolio out is rude. Like, what on earth? And she saw nothing wrong with the guy who told the tweeter not to bother them. I'd have to assume she's had some crazy rejection or missed opportunities to have such cynicism, but it's definitely not going to get her anywhere.

Sandfox

DAMN YOUUUUUUUUSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It was really annoying and because of it a lot of trades/collections were delayed or cancelled to the point where it's impossible to collect all of Mega Man in trade and both Sonic books are basically impossible to read that way.

Top Bottom