• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Tizoc

Y'all should watch the JoJo Part 4 anime already, it's the best action anime with actual good quality animation this season alone, dat op 2 is hot fiya too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh5s3XEibPo

Unfortunately Mega Man is on "hiatus" due to Archie pretty much sacrificing it and some other stuff to pay for the Archie reboot after their shady kickstarter got shot down.

Wait what shady kickstarter o_O
Hope Capcom let Ian Flynn write the comic adaptation of the new Megaman cartoon.
For that matter, Ninty needs to get that stick out of their asses and let Ian write a Mario comic, it will sell like hotcakes.

Sweet!

mreddie

His status is underselling it. His job title is "Senior Vice President of Creative & Creator Development".

tumblr_mifvnclCSk1qjszfuo1_250.gif

TheFlow

Banned
Y'all should watch the JoJo Part 4 anime already, it's the best action anime with actual good quality animation this season alone, dat op 2 is hot fiya too

Hope Capcom let Ian Flynn write the comic adaptation of the new Megaman cartoon.
For that matter, Ninty needs to get that stick out of their asses and let Ian write a Mario comic, it will sell like hotcakes.

Sweet!
I am on part 3 episode 27

Sandfox

Sweet!
They were asking for $350k to publish their flagship books and the rewards were like $15 for a twitter follow, $20 for the first issues. People got upset so they had to cancel it and instead sacrificed their other products to pull it off.

Sandfox

I knew they were gonna use Stohl but for Cap Marvel?

Also, this damn book has gone through 3 teams in a year.
It feels like they're trying to find her Peter David and hopefully pull a Supergirl or something lol.

This sounds like a nice creative team though.

Sandfox

I just realized that the premise of the new Captain Marvel book is basically a reflection to how people view her in real life with her having to deal with her being pushed against her will and having having supporters while also having to deal with the people against her. I might actually check this book out.

Is she a good choice? Never heard of her...

She wrote the Black Widow novel and has a series of novels that has scene critical success.

Still no Pokemon Go in the Appstore

https://twitter.com/SquareEnixMtl/status/750790445312139264

They were asking for $350k to publish their flagship books and the rewards were like $15 for a twitter follow, $20 for the first issues. People got upset so they had to cancel it and instead sacrificed their other products to pull it off.

Paying money for followers. Urgh. Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

No one do a thread, this is just...why?

Carol Roman Reigns Danvers.

Please don't make a thread for every single announcement. Just make an OT at this stage.

Tizoc

That is disheartening :/

Messi

There was a Jolteon near me last night, and I couldn't find it. Caught a bunch of Geodudes though.

I feel like we agree on a lot of things, but this is not one of them. He's not my favorite or anything, but I'm a fan.

If he was on a book about people who were popsicle sticks with massive abs then he would be perfect. His art is so stilted and wooden.

They will keep rebooting Captain Marvel until the movie comes out and probably beyond that. Even if the only person that buys this book is Margaret Stohl's mammy, it'll see out its' run.

Fourth creative team, 3rd time they get the chance to prove Carol is worth it. I'm so tired of her now that they don't even get 2 issues to prove themselves. They get 1.

It feels like Marvel is doing the same thing with Carol as they are with the Inhumans. They just keep doubling-down on what they've been doing and hope for more success.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like the main issues with Captain Marvel is that she's had a number of series now, but she still doesn't have any good villains. They keep setting her up against administrative boards and bureaucrats, and I get that she's basically Breaking the Glass Ceiling personified, but there are probably better ways to go about it. Make it more metaphorical and hopefully it will become more interesting.

Do her books do good numbers?

Sandfox

It feels like Marvel is doing the same thing with Carol as they are with the Inhumans. They just keep doubling-down on what they've been doing and hope for more success.

I don't really see that for the Inhumans. Right now we basically just have Soule's book and character that just happen to be Inhumans and don't really interact with the others.

With Captain Marvel it seems like they're trying to find a female creator that can pull off a successful run. There's history of that kind of thing working, but it may require the character taking a break for a while like Supergirl did.

I guess the good word of mouth about Rebirth has still to spread.
DC deserves better numbers,
The books sold well.

I feel like the main issues with Captain Marvel is that she's had a number of series now, but she still doesn't have any good villains. They keep setting her up against administrative boards and bureaucrats, and I get that she's basically Breaking the Glass Ceiling personified, but there are probably better ways to go about it. Make it more metaphorical and hopefully it will become more interesting.

Do her books do good numbers?
Not really. IIRC Back when KSD was the writer people got pissed when Guardians 3000 and others were cancelled because they had better sales than Carol while her book got to go on and on and on.

Sandfox

Not really. IIRC Back when KSD was the writer people got pissed when Guardians 3000 and others were cancelled because they had better sales than Carol while her book got to go on and on and on.

Captain Marvel actually sold better than those books by a bit lol. Magneto did better, but it became Uncanny X-Men.

Sou Da

I'm starting a new community thread on gaf for people who only read floppies because this trend of digital "comics" is wrong and it can't continue without action. Join me in the "Show Me Your Papers lOTl August 2016. A Better Community" thread.

Doooo it.

That must be a real heartbreaker for them.

Latest book is amazing. Curious to see the new series.

Amazing is a strong word but it's pretty good. Mostly because of the supporting cast.

TheFlow

Banned
Saw the announcement on the Facebook page.

Marvel please stop trying to make carol happen she is so boringgggg.

That being said it makes no difference to me because it is just replacing her normal ongoing.

Top Bottom