• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Vibranium

Banned
Wait which Punisher #3 did y'all read? That was totally a fine comic.

I haven't even picked it up. It looked like more of the (boring) second half of Edmondson's run, and I mainly like Steve Dillon's art only in Preacher.

I miss Rucka. Maybe he can write for the Punisher Netflix series. Or Ennis.

Ponn

Banned
I feel like the last thing I need to do is buy books from GAFers while in the process of moving, 2 weeks before SDCC, but screw it

I'd be afraid of being cursed with a pineapple pizza 3 days after getting the book. You don't know what horrid shit GAFfers may dabble in.

TheFlow

Banned
Couldn't do it yesterday cuz the servers kept coming down. I'll have a better chance today though.

People who log in with google gmail have way better success from what my coworker tell me.

My friends bothered me so much that I downloaded it. Such a cool little game. Surprised it took so long for this to come out.

I started with
bulbasaur

PsychBat!

Banned
Most people I know started with
Bulbasaur
, I started with
Squirtle

My sisters have caught a few more than me.

TheFlow

Banned
Not out in the UK

I live in the land of beyond, so probably won't be fun here anyway
That sucks. It definitely feels the void till the new pokemon game releases.

You don't even have to go out to crazy places, pokemon rarity and combat power are determined by your player level. I caught 3 just by walking around my house. long as you are moving.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
That sucks. It definitely feels the void till the new pokemon game releases.

You don't even have to go out to crazy places, pokemon rarity and combat power are determined by your player level. I caught 3 just by walking around my house. long as you are moving.
Might give it a go, can use it when I go for a run

I am not installing Pokemon Go. I am sure some "concerned citizen" is going to call the cops on me if I am wandering around taking photographs of important landmarks.

Nothing makes me feel older than when you guys start talking about Pokemon lol.

heh, I know what you mean though I didn't pick up my first Pokemon until I was an adult (Pokemon Sapphire). They're pretty fun.

No interest in Pokemon Go. I'm more or less fully checked out of the mobile games scene, and FTP (I haven't even played Hearthstone in months), and I have no desire to dive back into either. It sounds cool and I'm glad people are enjoying it, just not for me.

My wife had a couple of girlfriends fly in for a beach weekend, we went to breakfast yesterday before they left and they couldn't stop talking about it. Crazy to me how quickly it has taken off. The brand has incredible draw and staying power I never would have predicted when it hit the scene twenty years ago.

Bii

I am not installing Pokemon Go. I am sure some "concerned citizen" is going to call the cops on me if I am wandering around taking photographs of important landmarks.

I'm having quite the opposite reaction from people around me. I actually went to the movies today and then a shopping center with a ton of food spots. We knew exactly who was playing it and you can see a bunch of people gathering because someone used a lure (it attracts Pokemon to a specific area). It was pretty crazy seeing how everyone was connecting with one another through an app.

kmfdmpig

Wow, that bad?

It's got a few moments of being decent, but overall is not very entertaining or interesting. Robbie is in it only briefly. It's very much Tina Fey and Martin Freeman that are the focus.

Are there any good Green Arrow books worth reading post Kevin Smith? The Green Arrow Rebirth stuff is awesome!

The Lemire/Sorrento run was good. I'd also recommend Year One by Diggle and Jock. It's only 6 issues, but is good.

Lashley

I know for a fact neighbours will report me if I walk around my street trying to catch Pokemon

They're all old, paranoid gits

But, UK has been denied it's right to catch em all

Lashley

But i thought we all agreed Overwatch is good...what other things do you guys not like. Wrestling? No, everyone likes that, this is getting ridiculous.

image.php

What?

Edit:

@Book arcs being turned into line wide events being a Marvel editorial curse: Yep, remember when the higher ups loved Planet Hulk(and the sales) so much that they forced Pak to make the next arc into a big sprawling event instead of what he wanted to do? Man, World War Hulk was bad.

Btw, remember the Marvel Now! 2.0 poster by Deodato(that looked kinda bad)? The one with the new Kate!Hawkeye design? Turns out Deodato just grabbed the first picture he could find on google to trace/copy which happened to be fanart. Awkward...

TheFlow

Banned
What?

Edit:

@Book arcs being turned into line wide events being a Marvel editorial curse: Yep, remember when the higher ups loved Planet Hulk(and the sales) so much that they forced Pak to make the next arc into a big sprawling event instead of what he wanted to do? Man, World War Hulk was bad.

Btw, remember the Marvel Now! 2.0 poster by Deodato(that looked kinda bad)? The one with the new Kate!Hawkeye design? Turns out Deodato just grabbed the first picture he could find on google to trace/copy which happened to be fanart. Awkward...

oh snap. taking tumblr designs now

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I am so behind on new comics. I think the only new book I've ordered in the last 8-9 months was Kaijumax: Season One, otherwise I've been slowly going through my existing backlog along with more of my reading focused on novels, non-fiction, etc.

Finally put in an order:
Atomic Robo & the Ring of Fire
Chew, Vol 11
Drifter, Vol 2
East of West, Vol 5
Injection, Vol 1
Lazarus, Vol 4
Manhattan Projects, Vol 6
Nameless
Rumble, Vol 2
They're Not Like Us, Vol 2
TMNT, Vol 12
TMNT, Vol 13

Being generous, that's maybe 1/3 of what's come out in that time that I want to read.

Owzers

I'm going to put Avengers in the bad comics category. The one Sam page in issue #2 was awful: " No, no, no, no,no_. Not Jersey City. Please not Jersey City. That's her turf!"

Captain Marvel, do it.

Never expected that twist

Feel really sorry for Mark, no idea where the story is going. Fantastic book. Love Kirkman.

Yeah, I'm glad he didn't take it to a place where
Mark literally went back in time before any of the last 100+ issues happened. Would have been a major bummer if the book just erased all those events.

Do you guys know if the HB stuff DC is publishing will be collected in trades? I am interested in Flintstones, but $4 a piece I may wait for a trade.

Most everything ends up in trade. I'd be shocked if these didn't.

Top Bottom