• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

tumblr_o9wh6kkRac1ssxc9vo1_1280.jpg

TheFlow

Banned
I wish there was enough interest for a Hellboy OT.

The hellboy forums on CBR is amazing. They analysis every little thing. That is the first place to go to if you wanna learn more or discuss.

Hellboy OT could work if you include everything in the universe.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
heh, I know what you mean though I didn't pick up my first Pokemon until I was an adult (Pokemon Sapphire). They're pretty fun.

I was a senior in high school when it really blew up and parents were fist fighting each other in the aisles of stores for the the games.

I had one friend who was into it back then and he let me borrow one of his games once. I had fun with it for about a week then I got bored with it. But it was a fun week.

I'm too old for Pokemon. I don't remember it being a thing in the 80s, but that might be a product of growing up in South America. He-Man, Voltron, and Robotech were my jams.

Zombine

Banned
The hellboy forums on CBR is amazing. They analysis every little thing. That is the first place to go to if you wanna learn more or discuss.

Hellboy OT could work if you include everything in the universe.

I feel like the OT would just be a place for like 4 of us to talk lol. But I'll def check out the CBR forums.

I'm too old for Pokemon. I don't remember it being a thing in the 80s, but that might be a product of growing up in South America. He-Man, Voltron, and Robotech were my jams.

You're never too old for Pokemon. The TCG scene is a fuckin mess. 40 year olds getting wrecked by like 9 year old smug as shit kids propped up by their Pokemon parents.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Still no Citizen V

I'm thinking since we've had no word in a year - not even then, really, all we ever had was the promo image - and Baron Zemo was featured in Standoff, the dream is dead.

Not to mention we got a new Thunderbolts book and still no Cutizen V.

Speaking of is TB dead?

Omg @ Fantastic Four 550 where Dr. Strange moved Eternity's consciousness into Storm's mind because she was the only person besides himself (out of the FF, BP, Silver Surfer and that other dude) who could handle it and survive.

Queen.

giphy.gif

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Omg @ Fantastic Four 550 where Dr. Strange moved Eternity's consciousness into Storm's mind because she was the only person besides himself (out of the FF, BP, Silver Surfer and that other dude) who could handle it and survive.

Queen.

giphy.gif

These days her strongest power in the ability to bitch incessantly about Cyclops.

Sandfox

Still no Citizen V

I'm thinking since we've had no word in a year - not even then, really, all we ever had was the promo image - and Baron Zemo was featured in Standoff, the dream is dead.
My assumption is that Citizen V was going to be in Thunderbolts instead of Bucky, but Spencer wanted him to be a major player in Steve's book.
Not to mention we got a new Thunderbolts book and still no Cutizen V.

Speaking of is TB dead?
I would be surprised if the book stabilizes above cancelation numbers.

You're never too old for Pokemon. The TCG scene is a fuckin mess. 40 year olds getting wrecked by like 9 year old smug as shit kids propped up by their Pokemon parents.

Now that you mention it, I recently graduated from a military course and our senior ranking member told us his son was a competitive Pokemon player. Like he won a regional tournament and was ranked or something. He alluded to the possibility of him winning a scholarship even, which blew my mind. I didn't realize that was even a thing.

dcelw540

I have a question, I kinda asked this before but I keep getting stuck with the thought.

So I finished the new 52 batman series and loved it. I read rebirth and batman rebirth. So in rebirth they state they're are 3 jokers. Now in the new 52 you find out the joker is back to being a normal guy, i'm guessing this is one of the 3 jokers? I just read the first two issues of batman #1. They haven't talked about the joker yet but should i assume they will address him becoming that character again? I just get confused since justice league in the new 52 did separate things then the batman new 52. Also is detective comics good as well?

I have a question, I kinda asked this before but I keep getting stuck with the thought.

So I finished the new 52 batman series and loved it. I read rebirth and batman rebirth. So in rebirth they state they're are 3 jokers. Now in the new 52 you find out the joker is back to being a normal guy, i'm guessing this is one of the 3 jokers? I just read the first two issues of batman #1. They haven't talked about the joker yet but should i assume they will address him becoming that character again? I just get confused since justice league in the new 52 did separate things then the batman new 52. Also is detective comics good as well?

Detective Comics is great, better than Batman so far for me. I don't think anyone knows WTF is going on with hot threesome Joker action, or really anything that the Rebirth one shot introduced. It feels like Johns spewed a bunch of random ideas, dropped the mic, and left the mess for someone else to sort out.

Like Tragicomedy said, it hasn't really been explained yet. I haven't read the latest Batman issue yet though.

Tec is awesome. Big focus on the Batfamily, which is really cool. It's great to see Kate, Steph, and Cass again.

MG310

I walked 5K and hatched my first Pokemon Go Egg. It was a Psyduck...I think I already won at Pokemon Go.

Missed a Clefairy on the way home though...he was next to a Shellder and I tapped the Shellder by mistake.

This month:

Ultimates: Omniversal Vol. 1
One Piece Omnibus Vol. 16
Black Science Vol. 4
Pretty Deadly Vol. 2? (Idk if I want this. I just like the art.)

I got $200 for selling 7 of my omnibuses at Half Price Books. Yeah, I could have probably gotten more online but I really need space.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I drove to a thing about 20 miles away and had my friend in the passenger seat catching things for me the whole way. He almost got a Dragonaire. I don't know if I'll ever see another Dragonaire.

Top Bottom