• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

rinker

Really specific and random question, but any have any info if paperback production for Uncanny XMen Masterworks is scheduled to continue? Looks like they stopped the paperbacks at volume 5.

Holy shit, guys. Looks like the Uncanny X-Men and All-New X-Men Annuals (the 2-part Eva Bell story) are FINALLY going to be released in physical trade format when the second Bendis Uncanny hardcover drops in December.

LIST!

Comics!

Prometheus Life and Death #2
Detective Comics #936
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps Rebirth #1
Wacky Raceland #2
Wonder Woman #2
Horizon #1
Wicked + Divine #21
Civil War II #3
Gwenpool #4
Vision #9
Sabrina #6

Other!

Kabuki Library Edition Vol.3
Wonder Woman Art of War statue by Amanda Conner

List for EVO Edition:
Action Comics #959
Detective Comics #936
Flash #2
Nightwing Rebirth #1
Wonder Woman #2
Heavy Metal #281
Power Man And Iron Fist #6

Lots of releases this week

As somebody who doesnt really care that deeply for Nightwing, but is in the mood for more batfamily, is the new series looking like something worth picking up by those of you who know more?

List!

The Art of Jaime Hernandez - Finally ordered this
Hip Hop Family Tree Box Set 1971-1983

BTW, the Rucka WW new tpb v1 releases next week too. Jump on it, it is a brilliant run. The first volume also contain The Hiketeia.

The second Hip Hop Family Tree box set is out too, but I'll wait for a bit to order that.

Really specific and random question, but any have any info if paperback production for Uncanny XMen Masterworks is scheduled to continue? Looks like they stopped the paperbacks at volume 5.

http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuk...ftcover-Masterworks-been-discontinued?page=19

The Marvel Masterworks forum is the best place to look for information about Epic and Masterworks collections. It looks like the TPBs have been discontinued because Marvel is concentrating on the Epic collections.

The Complete and Epic collections can be tracked on Wikipedia. They aren't released in order unfortunately.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Ultimate_Collection,_Complete_Epic_and_Epic_Collection_lines

Heavy Metal #281

I flipped through this in the bookstore the other day. It's uh.... something. It took Morrison surprisingly little time to do a sex-themed issue. It also has a story in it written by Stoya. Her ummm....area of expertise is apparent.

Received this last week. Haven't gotten around to it yet. I believe it is the last from my 1 year subscription.

They know he's not a fighter.

+1

List!

BlueLight05.gif
NIGHTWING REBIRTH #1
BlueLight05.gif

Action Comics #959
Detective Comics #936
Flash #2
Horizon #1
Wonder Woman #2

As somebody who doesnt really care that deeply for Nightwing, but is in the mood for more batfamily, is the new series looking like something worth picking up by those of you who know more?

Detective Comics #934-#936 should suit you, with the latter coming out this week. This arc has been pretty great so far. It's very focused on the Bat-family. With Batman and Batwoman training the rest of them to work as a team.

I liked Grayson a lot, and it was kind of a joint thing between King and Seeley. Seeley's writing this and I like Dick, so I'm willing to give it a shot. Plus the Rebirth issue has Yanick Paquette on art! He's amazing.
List!

The Art of Jaime Hernandez - Finally ordered this
Hip Hop Family Tree Box Set 1971-1983

BTW, the Rucka WW new tpb v1 releases next week too. Jump on it, it is a brilliant run. The first volume also contain The Hiketeia.
I think you'll really like the Jaime artbook. I still haven't gotten a chance to read through it but at that price it's ridiculous.

I missed the WW release date. Definitely gonna get that. Been something I've wanted to read forever.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
List:

Goldie Vance 4
Detective Comics 9-something
Flash 2
New Super-Man 1
Nightwing Rebirth 1
WicDiv 21
Civil War II 3
CWII Gods of War 2
CWII Choosing Sides 2 (there's an Ameri-Kate story, I can't help it)
New Avengers something
Power Man and Iron Fist 6 or 7, I dunno
Vision 9
Bloodshot Reborn 15, maybe
Ninjak 16 or 17, I think

Dusknoir

List
New-Superman #1
Wonder Woman #2
Flash #2
Detective Comics
Hal Jordan and the Green Lanterns Rebirth #1
(Because of money I'm not picking up Nightwing or Action Comics. Going to focus on Batgirl and New-Superman.)

Detective Comics #934-#936 should suit you, with the latter coming out this week. This arc has been pretty great so far. It's very focused on the Bat-family. With Batman and Batwoman training the rest of them to work as a team.

I guess I should have mentioned im already pulling that book. Thanks though.

I liked Grayson a lot, and it was kind of a joint thing between King and Seeley. Seeley's writing this and I like Dick, so I'm willing to give it a shot. Plus the Rebirth issue has Yanick Paquette on art! He's amazing.

Im still trade waiting grayson (and too much else so its lower priority) but ive heard so much good of it. You sold me.

So as soon as BP and Storm left the FF.... my interest in the comic plummeted lmao. I just really do not care about any of the Fantastic Four.

Maybe Hickman's run will change my mind.

Infamous Iron List

Weavers 3

House of Penance 4

Action Comics 959
Detective Comics 936
Flash 2
New Super-Man 1
Wonder Woman 2

Birthright 17
Horizon 1

All-New X-Men 11
Civil War II 3
CWII Amazing Spider-Man 2
CWII Gods of War 2
Daredevil 9
Guardians of the Galaxy 10
Gwenpool 4
New Avengers 13
Old Man Logan 8
Power Man and Iron Fist 6
Vision 9

Just read the first volume of Last Man, a French fight comic about a small kid who teams up with a mysterious drifter and enters a fighting tournament. It's pretty dope. The art has a kinda loose quality sometimes but it's super expressive and they do good action scenes (I guess one of the team is a video game designer and another is an animation guy)

It moves at a brisk pace but there's already a cast of cool developed characters. And apparently there's like 6 volumes of this series solicited, with #6 coming in the fall. It reminds me of shonen manga I read when i was younger, so i'm really into it

Finished Abnett and Lanning's GotG run. Top tier stuff. Debating if I should review that run separately or do the whole omni at once
BKatastrophe, are the Earth 2 runs that aren't from James Robinson (including World's End and Society) good?
Tom Taylor takes over after Robinson, and I thought his run was fairly good, though it seems like it abandons a bit of what Robinson was leading up to and just sets up for World's End. So a little bit disappointing on that fron, but otherwise it's still good.

World's End is a hodgepodge of writers all handling different story threads. It's a ton of action, but it feels rushed. Neither Taylor nor Robinson worked on that.

I have yet to read any Society. Trade waiting and the first one should be coming in soonish for me.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Been thinking about possibly getting Bone but I'm not too sure. Bone is one of those comics that I always see come up and always see when I go to a bookstore, flip through it but never actually buy because of the design of the main character. Fantasty has been on my mind this couple of months so it might be time to finally get that damn thing.

Does the comic have a primary storyline that spans the whole comic or does it just a bunch of self contained adventures?

Tizoc

Been thinking about possibly getting Bone but I'm not too sure. Bone is one of those comics that I always see come up and always see when I go to a bookstore, flip through it but never actually buy because of the design of the main character. Fantasty has been on my mind this couple of months so it might be time to finally get that damn thing.

Does the comic have a primary storyline that spans the whole comic or does it just a bunch of self contained adventures?
It is the former, it leads up to a primary plot and goes on from there

dan2026

So are there any decent X-men comics at the moment? Now we are post Secret War.
I know Wolverine and Cyclops are dead :(
And I can't shake the idea that the X-men are going to get squatted by Marvel.

Messi

They already are. You are just looking at them playing with the corpse.

All-New Wolverine and Old Man Logan are very good books.

The main three titles are just okay, some good stuff here and there. That said Apocalypse Wars has been pretty good for the most part...especially this Land-free Apocalypse arc in UXM. Lots of good stuff in this "crossover" for X-fans.

I just want confirmation that the character select screen shown at E3 isn't final and that we are in fact getting more than 28 fighters in the base game.

Because I want more than 28 characters. At least 30 something...

...though I would be okay with 28 if Hawkgirl, Vixen, Black Canary and Big Barda make it in.

They already are. You are just looking at them playing with the corpse.

This sprung to mind when I read your post. Lol. Poor earth 71202 X-Men.

dan2026

Yeah its criminal the way X-men are treated lately.
Might check out Old Man Logan though.

Likewise are Reed Richards and his family now off the table after the end of Secret War?

Messi

Yeah its criminal the way X-men are treated lately.
Might check out Old Man Logan though.

Likewise are Reed Richards and his family now off the table after the end of Secret War?

Fantastic Four

hqdefault.jpg

Johnny is in Uncanny Inhumans but that's about it.

Top Bottom