• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

ElNarez

Banned
aw nuts here it goes
nvRkpnX.png

(Civil War II: Choosing Sides #3, which, oh shit, oh fuck, I'm gonna have to buy now)

Messi

aw nuts here it goes

(Civil War II: Choosing Sides #3, which, oh shit, oh fuck, I'm gonna have to buy now)

Apparently there is an Amerikate story in #2

I am getting the feeling that we are getting a new young avengers in this relaunch. Most of them don't have books or could be in two in America's case.

It wasn't as fast paced as the opening issue but I didn't see much of a drop in quality in #2 of Batman. The Rebirth issue wasn't up to much but I've enjoyed the first two issues. Alfred's sarcasm never gets old.

mreddie

I think I'll read New Supes but Superman has never really clicked with me regardless. Maybe Lex Man will be something though.

Top Selling Comics at Retail

1 CIVIL WAR II #1
2 BATMAN #1 [*]
3 BATMAN REBIRTH #1 [*]
4 STAR WARS HAN SOLO #1
5 CIVIL WAR II #2

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
aw nuts here it goes

I think McKelvie might be my favorite artist. His facial expressions are so spot on.

Apparently there is an Amerikate story in #2

I am getting the feeling that we are getting a new young avengers in this relaunch. Most of them don't have books or could be in two in America's case.

I'd really love that. I miss those guys all being together.

Vic_Viper

I really enjoy Extraordinary X-Men as well

Yea out of all the main X-Books, Etraordinary is the best. Up until this Apocalypse event the book was on point every month. Maybe not amazing but it's been way better than the other 2 books.

if you haven't read Aaron's Wolverine & the X-Men and Bendis's All New / Uncanny though give those a read for sure as they are the best we've seen in a long time.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'd love to know if that is worth it.

It's certainly not a necessary read but I like it just for the maps alone. Here is what you get....

Section 1 Carlyle Territory - Basically maps and breakdowns of every region and sub region in the Carlyle territory.

Section 2 Crime and Commerce - This section explains how Carlyle economy works. It also goes over all the various organized crime syndicates that plague Carlyle territory.

Section 3 The Lift - This section goes into greater detail on The Lift than we got in The Lift arc.

Section 4 The Post - The post is basically the Carlyle equivalent of the mail, internet, and television all rolled into one. This section gives you an overview of all the posts services and security features. Then it goes into greater detail about the Carlyle television and music industries complete with fake art and synopsis' for a bunch of fictional TV shows.

Section 5 Security and Military - History and overview of the Carlyle military. Sub sections of Forever's Daggers and Casey's Anvils. A chart showing their military rank insignia.

Section 6 Technology - Background of Carlyle Tech. A sub-section about Forever and her abilities and upgrades. Also sub-sections about military arms, equipment, and vehicles.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They already teased Harley. Her hammer was on that icons t-shirt. Can't leave out one of the 4 pillars.

did you just call Hrley fucking Quinn one of the 4 pillars of DC? I dont even care about DC and that offends me

They already teased Harley. Her hammer was on that icons t-shirt. Can't leave out one of the 4 pillars.

There were a bunch of other characters on that shirt. We haven't seen gameplay of a lot of them. All we've seen so far in terms of gameplay is Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Grodd, Atrocitus and Supergirl.

Will they have something at Evo?

did you just call Hrley fucking Quinn one of the 4 pillars of DC? I dont even care about DC and that offends me

What if I told you Johns, Didio and Lee said that at the Rebirth press conference? Because they did.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
umm. Didio and Lee said that on stage about her...

so its Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and... Hrley Quinn now?

not Flash, not Green Lantern, hell not Joker if you want to put a villain in there. Its Harley?

or am I misunderstanding what you mean by pillars?

not Flash, not Green Lantern, hell not Joker if you want to put a villain in there. Its Harley?

It is one of the most consistent selling titles in comics. If you correct for all the reboots and new #1s, it is easily in the top 5 consistent sales spots. Only Batman, JL, Saga and Walking Dead are higher if I am not mistaken.

Sorry man, it's Harley. Flash and the Lanterns don't move books the way she does. Not even Supes or Wonder Woman do, really.

can one person handle that much hickman dialog at once

I can barely handle one issue of it. I'm in it for Adlard spreads, the best in the biz.

Kirkman is really at his worst in this book because it's so focused on characs. Regular people talking. No demons or amazing superhero art. Just regular people talking like regular people which he is the shit worst at.

Trying not to spend too much time in the letters pages because God he is just such a tremendous factory wrapped douche in there.

So you're around issue 30?

41. Think I did the math wrong.

Great example here, sparkling:

"The only thing YOU can learn from that damn thing is how DANGEROUS it is and you could save your life and just let one of us TELL you that."

wth

He totally is. That book is completely forgettable. My goodness.

They would have been better off leaving Thing in the universe that got destroyed.

all new wolverine and Old man logan

I don't know if I'd call them X-Men books since they're not team books, but they are certainly good.

Yeah. Del Mundo produced some fantastic covers for that particular run. I really wish he had done the interiors as well.

I wish Marvel would put Del Mundo on something that actually had some sales potential. Elektra was solid, but it wasn't really given the marketing push it deserved.

aw nuts here it goes

Alternate title - Civil War II: The Next Casualties

Reading the Lazarus Sourcebook before I start the new arc.

Interesting read. It was nice to get an info dump without it slogging down the pages of the actual series.

I really enjoy Extraordinary X-Men as well

I liked it for the first three or four issues, then I stopped picking it up. It wasn't a bad book, but it just didn't feel the same to me as when the X-books were genuinely good.

She kind of is from a sales perspective. It's mind-boggling, I know.

I have 115 issues of Walking Dead to read

Birdie catching up on all the Kirkman books? You should have been reading these all along.

Top Bottom