• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

There are a lot of comics I don't read. Like, SO MANY. I would even say that there are more comics I don't read than those I do.

top tier post

But but but Gran Morrison!

wouldnt that be the exact same content as the Absolute Batman and Robin HC that's been out for ages?

They probably mean Tomasi/Gleason Batman and RObin

Didn't Ben Grimm wear a Thing suit for a time?

yep

thing_suit_cover.jpg

Wait, is Ben Grimm complaining about not having rock skin in those panels? But wasn't he complaining about being hideous when he actually did have rock skin? There's just no pleasing some people.

Yeah and we got to see them together again in the Silver Surfer arc that just ended.

Yup. Alicia Masters. It was a great appearance.

She pops up so often I keep thinking they're gonna give her super powers eventually, but I guess Marvel already has a blind super hero

Sandfox

Yup. Alicia Masters. It was a great appearance.

She pops up so often I keep thinking they're gonna give her super powers eventually, but I guess Marvel already has a blind super hero
Slott's Silver Surfer doesn't get enough talk for a book with multiple Eisner nominations.

I liked it for the first three or four issues, then I stopped picking it up. It wasn't a bad book, but it just didn't feel the same to me as when the X-books were genuinely good.
I think this New Age of Apocalypse arc has been really good, but I can understand that sentiment. I felt the same way back when it started

There were a bunch of other characters on that shirt. We haven't seen gameplay of a lot of them. All we've seen so far in terms of gameplay is Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Grodd, Atrocitus and Supergirl.

Will they have something at Evo?

They haven't said anything AFAIK. They don't have a panel like Capcom, SNK, and Bamco do.

I'm hoping they'll have some sort of demo playable because I'd like to try it out to see if they've managed to learn any lessons from player feedback. I think if they do any reveals, it would probably be for MK since SDCC would be a better place to reveal Injustice characters,

They haven't said anything AFAIK. They don't have a panel like Capcom, SNK, and Bamco do.

I'm hoping they'll have some sort of demo playable because I'd like to try it out to see if they've managed to learn any lessons from player feedback. I think if they do any reveals, it would probably be for MK since SDCC would be a better place to reveal Injustice characters,
They've said to watch out after the tournaments so expect something. I'm hoping the Injustice and MK books are going to continue later.

Edit: Oops, doublepost.

Sandfox

It does for Marvel. It's not a secret that their cancellation line is 20K unless the digital sales are great. Notice how all the ANAD books that got cancelled were below the line?
That has more to do with how fast they dropped to that number. There's more factors to it than that and Marvel would probably relaunch a series like Ant-Man with some changes.

That has more to do with how fast they dropped to that number. There's more factors to it than that and Marvel would probably relaunch a series like Ant-Man with some changes.
I'm wondering how they would try to relaunch it. Focus all on Cassie? Make it more like FF? Switch out the creative team?

Sandfox

I'm wondering how they would try to relaunch it. Focus all on Cassie? Make it more like FF?
I would probably turn it into a legit team book rather than the oceans 11 parody it is now. I would love a book starring Cassie or the new Wasp though.

If they want to keep the same creative team Spencer has shown he can write either serious or comedy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jim Lee and Didio said it and I'm sure they know more about the pillars of their company than we do.

do they?

so if Bendis comes out tomorow and says "The pillars of Marvel are Gwenpool, Spider Gwen, Captain Marvel and Solo" that is ok then?

meh like I said, I dont even have a pony in this race, I dont care about DC

GAMEPROFF

Banned
do they?

so if Bendis comes out tomorow and says "The pillars of Marvel are Gwenpool, Spider Gwen, Captain Marvel and Solo" that is ok then?

Its just because its now one of their best selling books.
Harley is really DCs Deadpool.

Messi

do they?

In case you haven't seen it Harley Quinn has become a juggernaut in the past few years. So yes there is a case to be made for Harley being the 4th pillar of DC's business. They make so much more eyes on merch for her without the comics (how many series has she had recently?) or the movies. She has well and truly crossed over.

Its just because its now one of their best selling books.
Harley is really DCs Deadpool.

It's nowhere close to being just due to book sales. Look how much stuff they include her in outside of the books. They aren't doing that for fun.

do they?

What is this argument exactly? If major executives from the company state what they consider the pillars to bs, how exactly would anyone other than people within the company with their knowledge argue that?
In case you haven't seen it Harley Quinn has become a juggernaut in the past few years. So yes there is a case to be made for Harley being the 4th pillar of DC's business. They make so much more eyes on merch for her without the comics (how many series has she had recently?) or the movies. She has well and truly crossed over.
Not to mention the large influx of female readership due just to her.

Or at least I remember that being a thing.

Sandfox

Four pillars of Marvel and Image

Events
New #1s
Star Wars
Iron Man(lol)

1-4:
Books that will never actually be completed and are most likely written by ex Marvel talent.

Dark Horse:
*crickets*

Top Bottom