• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Also, I completely forgot this
CnAenQRUEAEaqSG.jpg

Never seen this before. I guess they've been planning the Hasbro Cinematic Universe for awhile then. Also, "The Action Man" instead of just Action Man looks so wrong.

I was way more interested in the new MASK before the Revolution annoucement. Mostly I'm just fearful for what happens to More than Meets the Eye.

The movie comes two weeks later in germany. I assumed that its the same for all of europe, but Idk.

August 5th here in Oireland, my birthday weekend, excellente.

mreddie

Never seen this before. I guess they've been planning the Hasbro Cinematic Universe for awhile then. Also, "The Action Man" instead of just Action Man looks so wrong.

I was way more interested in the new MASK before the Revolution annoucement. Mostly I'm just fearful for what happens to More than Meets the Eye.

I assume this was before IDW got the rights to the Hasbro stuff. Candy Land sounds random as fuck and I wonder if Jem will be merged to the Shared Universe.

Owzers

I didn't have a wifi signal strong enough to stream Overwatch twitch games away from my router so i had to read a comic. Is this what it's like for comic readers? Just reading comics on tablets instead of watching Overwatch? Bizarre.

I got back into Atomic Robo having read the first three trades and taking a break, started vol 4 with it's random vampire issue and it was great. I've been a little surprised that I haven't loved this series more but some of the arcs were kinda iffy, especially vol 2's Dogs of War arc.

You all live on americas penis

We are a bunch of dicks after all.

Ehhehheh.

I assume this was before IDW got the rights to the Hasbro stuff. Candy Land sounds random as fuck and I wonder if Jem will be merged to the Shared Universe.

It seems to have been a gradual thing. They've been doing Transformers comics for over 10 years at this point, and they added G.I. Joe (which caused Devil's Due to implode as well as all their Joe books becoming non-canon, which was a shame as America's Elite was fucking fantastic at points) and the Wizards of the Coast properties fairly soon after that.

I don't think Jem is going to be in the shared universe. At that point, you might as well put My Little Pony in.

There's Transformers, G.I. Joe, Micronauts, ROM (but not the Space Knight because Marvel owns that) and M.A.S.K. there that I see, and they've said the new Action Man series will tie in as well.

They're doing action figure variants of a line entirely based around action figures:

Like the snake (eyes) eating its' own tail. I also like how the Optimus Prime is wholly referenced from what looks like MP-10 only it's about a third of the size.

mreddie

I don't think Jem is going to be in the shared universe. At that point, you might as well put My Little Pony in.

There's Transformers, G.I. Joe, Micronauts, ROM (but not the Space Knight because Marvel owns that) and M.A.S.K. there that I see, and they've said the new Action Man series will tie in as well.

Jem deserves the shared universe.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Portugal finished 3rd in their group, only won one game in 90 mins and have won the European Championships through a goal by Eder

lel

Lashley's opinions about football mirror his opinions about comics I see

They're trash!

Trickster

Guys I have a question about variant covers. Basically I'm still looking around for nice poster material, and I stumbled upon a gorgeous upcoming variant cover for Harley Quinn #1 here.

Now, what I would like to know as a comic book noob, is if I bought that, would I just receive a standard comic issue of Harley Quinn #1 with the artwork on the cover and the rest of the stuff that's normally printed over the artwork on the cover of an issue ( probably yes, right? ), or the artwork by itself, without being part of a comic and having anything extra printed on top over it.

I know it's probably a hugely dumb question and I'm pretty sure I know the answer. I just want to make sure how this stuff works.

Assuming I'd just get a comic book issue with the variant cover on it. Is there any way you can normally get variant covers as posters/prints instead?

Messi

Guys I have a question about variant covers. Basically I'm still looking around for nice poster material, and I stumbled upon a gorgeous upcoming variant cover for Harley Quinn #1 here.

Now, what I would like to know as a comic book noob, is if I bought that, would I just receive a standard comic issue of Harley Quinn #1 with the artwork on the cover and the rest of the stuff that's normally printed over the artwork on the cover of an issue ( probably yes, right? ), or the artwork by itself, without being part of a comic and having anything extra printed on top over it.

I know it's probably a hugely dumb question and I'm pretty sure I know the answer. I just want to make sure how this stuff works.

Assuming I'd just get a comic book issue with the variant cover on it. Is there any way you can normally get variant covers as posters/prints instead?

Yup it's the regular issue with that cover.

I don't believe I have seen a print of that anywhere.

Given that the Marvel Now books will probably leak tomorrow what books do you guys realistically want to see?

I would like Kate Bishop to get her own book and a new creative team on Guardians of the Galaxy. Probably not going to get either.

Other than that, a compelling main Avengers book and hopefully there's still a JaneThor book for awhile. Also please don't cancel Spider-Man/Deadpool.

Enjoy! It's all uphill from here.

Edit:

And in regards to the Artgerm Harley, it should drop on here:

https://society6.com/artgerm/prints?page=2

Had a flick through that, realistic-style Marceline scares me.

Sandfox

I would like Kate Bishop to get her own book and a new creative team on Guardians of the Galaxy. Probably not going to get either.

Other than that, a compelling main Avengers book and hopefully there's still a JaneThor book for awhile. Also please don't cancel Spider-Man/Deadpool.

Jane Thor is continuing and Spider-Man/Deadpool sells well so I wouldn't expect that to go anywhere.

Top Bottom