• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

LegendX48

Is the Matt Fraction Hawkeye run good, I've been kinda curious to check it out after finishing up Edmondson and Noto's Black Widow a ways back.

Beyond that though, finally got around to reading through Ms. Marvel 1-19 (got the 2 hardcovers). Man, so goood!

Vyer

Some of you may recall I started up a D&D game based heavily on Time Runs Out. Well my players just blew up their first planet and man oh man it was sooooo rad. Felt so much like the comic and none of them have read it.

They got down there with their bomb and suddenly the consequences of what they were about to do hit almost the entire group like a ton of bricks. They had a half hour debate on what they should do while I just sat back and watched them squirm.

SO FUN

that sounds awesome. D&D was the kind of thing I always wanted to try, but never really did. I have no idea how it would work. But it always seemed like with the right group of people it would be a blast

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Brian's shared opinions of Marvel have grown somewhat, ahem, acerbic as of late

That's because I've been reading Marvel again for the first time in 6 months. Don't worry it won't last much longer. Once I'm done with cosmic Marvel (which has been awesome so far) I'm probably going to drop MU.

Is the Matt Fraction Hawkeye run good, I've been kinda curious to check it out after finishing up Edmondson and Noto's Black Widow a ways back.

Fraction's Hawkeye run is like, the best Hawkeye run. It was totally different from what I was expecting when I started it. It's basically about Clint's life when he's not being an Avenger. And his life still gets pretty crazy.

Beyond that though, finally got around to reading through Ms. Marvel 1-19 (got the 2 hardcovers). Man, so goood!

Hawkeye's like one of the best Marvel runs period. It's amazing.

CMX Image sale is here. I don't know why it's formatted so badly currently nor do I know how long it lasts. But it's got Brubaker, Hickman, Kirkman, Remender, and BKV Image comic series on sale! Image's cream of the crop IMO

Got caught up on Saga, East of West, Low, Deadly Class, Velvet, Tokyo Ghost, we stand on Guard, and Manhattan Projects.

https://www.comixology.com/YourImage-Summer-Spotlight-Sale/list/12152

Damn, I've been wanting to catch up on Manhattan Projects for ages. I'll have to grab that soon. When does the sale run until?

Also, is there more MP on the way?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
CMX Image sale is here. I don't know why it's formatted so badly currently nor do I know how long it lasts. But it's got Brubaker, Hickman, Kirkman, Remender, and BKV Image comic series on sale! Image's cream of the crop IMO

Got caught up on Saga, East of West, Low, Deadly Class, Velvet, Tokyo Ghost, we stand on Guard, and Manhattan Projects.

I'd like to give Velvet and Outcast a shot at some point but I've spent so much money this week I'm going to have to wait until the next big sale.

TheFlow

Banned

Only in it for invincible and a couple back issues of other series.

I would buy more but i am enjoying my x men marathon on MU

Sandfox

The only books I'm interested in are Saga and East of West, but eh. I may end up getting the first volumes or something.

Got the four Black Science books, the first Low (second trade is more expensive than individual issues, may check later), Pax Romana, Red Wing and Transhuman. Lots of things on this sale interest me, but that is a lot of money right now.

Also, I noticed that all individual issues are 99c on sale, but some trades are more expensive than the collected issues. Do the trades have extra stuff or something that are worth more.

Also, my IPad is running out of space! Cheap 32GB.....

Picked up the last ten Invincible issue to complete my run, all of Deadly Class, and two issues of Paper Girls.

Still a lot I want to pick up, but it's a good start.

Realistically, I would love someone to pick up where Spurrier's X-Force run ended and keep running with that. Hope, Forget-Me-Not, Dr. Nemesis, and Marrow. Since Psylocke and Fantomex are running around in Uncanny Mediocrity.
Ehhehheh.

It seems to have been a gradual thing. They've been doing Transformers comics for over 10 years at this point, and they added G.I. Joe (which caused Devil's Due to implode as well as all their Joe books becoming non-canon, which was a shame as America's Elite was fucking fantastic at points) and the Wizards of the Coast properties fairly soon after that.

I don't think Jem is going to be in the shared universe. At that point, you might as well put My Little Pony in.

There's Transformers, G.I. Joe, Micronauts, ROM (but not the Space Knight because Marvel owns that) and M.A.S.K. there that I see, and they've said the new Action Man series will tie in as well.

They're doing action figure variants of a line entirely based around action figures:

Like the snake (eyes) eating its' own tail. I also like how the Optimus Prime is wholly referenced from what looks like MP-10 only it's about a third of the size.
Fucking Hasbro comics over there. I love it.
This is never the wrong thread
Truly words to live and die by
this post

It was even better since ElNarez gave him real recommendations and then he said this

tumblr_nix01wsu9P1u9o7gzo1_400.gif

Tim Seeley Blade. That's it.

Don't fail me, Marvel.
This would be good
Ultimates to be renamed Avengers and Captain Marvel removed from the team to be replaced with someone decent.
Replace her with Young Jean. Jean tries to read their minds and everyone goes, "nah bitch this ain't amateur hour." America gets so pissed she gets punched into another dimension. After everyone tells America to go get her, Jean then goes back to Earth, head held in shame.

Then replace her with Tempus or the new Quasar.
Brother Voodoo.
I respect this choice as well.
They feel more like network shows than cable shows to me. Mostly low quality trash written for the lowest common denominator,
Well, one man's trash and all that.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
bros help I just finished Hawkguy and I need something similar to read (besides Immortal Iron Fist, which I intend to get). Is the All-New Hawkeye a good successor?

The Flash #1
This was pretty okay. Art wasn't the best. We'll see about next issue.

Green Lanterns #2
This issue had me at sort of a "What is this" mind set. I like Jessica. Still not sold on Baz. Also
I guess there are a bunch more Red Lanterns and they all got dropped in the blood pool, because otherwise pre-established lore be damned.

Superman #2
HOW ARE THEY GETTING AWAY WITH THIS? FUCKING HOW?

bros help I just finished Hawkguy and I need something similar to read (besides Immortal Iron Fist, which I intend to get). Is the All-New Hawkeye a good successor?
Not really. I found it rather boring

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

let me explain this in terms you will understand ratsky

All New Hawkeye is to Fraction's Hawkeye as The Strain is to House of Cards

sure they both star Corey Stoll, but one is absolute trash, and the other is amazing

So I'm finally picking up Saga on the sale. Anything you miss if you pick up issues 31-36 instead of the collected Vol. 6? Much cheaper from what I can see.

So are there any SDCC panels people are looking forward to?

As an attendee, yeah. There's a Matt Fraction spotlight that David Brothers is moderating, a Team Phonogram spotlight, the WWE panel featuring The New Day, Becky Lynch, and AJ Styles, which is pretty much as good as it gets for me. I have several saved but those are the musts that come to mind immediately.

Probably not going to any for the announcements alone though. except maybe the Overwatch new hero one

Tizoc

Gonna go order the recent one punch man volumes+bride's story vol 2 today

I keep googling for the preview of mtmte 55 preview every other day....the thirst is real

could have sworn darkseid war part 2 hc was suppose to come out this week, but is now september :(. Was looking forward to sitting down and reading through it in one go.

I am so hyped for the Wonder Woman movie stuff at Comic Con. Teaser trailer, actual trailer, whatever. I'll be excited over any new pieces of information.

dan2026

It literally feels like Slott has been writing Spider-man since time immemorial.

One year I'll be able to start reading that book again.

What do you guys use as frames for comics? I have a few I'd like to hang but can't find anything that looks nice for a decent price. Thanks!

shingi70

Banned
Really just excited for the DC and Marvel movie stuff. Some TV panels should be good mostly DCTV, Marvel TV, and Steven Universe and the Justice League Cartoon. Really don't care about comic news seeing as I'd see it in the solicts anyway.

It's basically terrible and might even make you retroactively dislike what came before.

After reading Immortal, definitely check out the new Power Man and Iron Fist run. It's phenomenal, and it has a lot of the light-hearted humor and everyday situations that you like about Hawkguy.

Top Bottom