• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

kDxgQL6.png

writing half a dozen monthlies seems like a smart idea

Hey, it's just 5 books for the same company right now(JJ, Spider-Man, GotG, Infamous Iron Man and International Iron Man). Is he doing Powers again this year?

:p

Edit: I wonder if he'll end up doing around more than 10% of the entire line? He's probably already building his next event for next summer as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
MU Weekly Update

Agents of SHIELD #1
All New Hawkeye #3
All New Wolverine #4
All New X-Men #3
All New All Different Avengers #3
Amazing Spider-Man #1.2
Black Knight #3
Captain America Sam Wilson #5
Extraordinary X-Men #5
Guardians of The Galaxy #4
Illuminati #3
Mighty Thor #3
Red Wolf #2
Scarlet Witch #2
Vision #3
Weirdworld #2
X-Men: Worst X-Men Ever #2
Secret Wars #9
Darth Vader #15

Tigra (2002) 1-4

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The fact Lemire says "ongoing, not limited" is probably going to bite them in the ass if the sales are bad. Can't really say the story was planned and finished if the book ends at issue 7.
Are you now going to comment every announcement in that way? Everyone and their mom in aware how that stuff works and if the sales are shit it ends.

mreddie

So over Thanos you have no idea. They're legit beating a dead horse's ashes at this point.

To put it into perspective, Thanos is basically Team Rocket at this point.

Vader was a badass villain but his series gave him balls. Hopefully, Thanos does the same because Rhodey doing the job only for Thanos to lose seems stupid. Hickman legit made him s threat.

EDIT: Lemire did neither Vader book? Dammit.

Are you now going to comment every announcement in that way? Everyone and their mom in aware how that stuff works and if the sales are shit it ends.

No, but after how Howard's end after being announced as an ongoing was "This was all planned! It was always a limited series!" I'm trying to note all the times they say something is not a limited series.

Edit: Yeah, Lemire has had a few misses among his hits recently. Deodato is also not the person I'd expect to see on a series like this unless they're planning to lift the MCU actor's faces for characters like Nebula.

Zombine

Banned
Vader was a badass villain but his series gave him balls. Hopefully, Thanos does the same because Rhodey doing the job only for Thanos to lose seems stupid. Hickman legit made him s threat.

EDIT: Lemire did neither Vader book? Dammit.

There's exposure, and then there is absolute over exposure to the point of brand dilution. I get that we have a film coming out or whatever, but after Infinity he really needed a long ass break. Come up with some new ultimate jobber for our Heroes to fight.

shingi70

Banned
Jessica Jones sounds a bit regressive and trying to for Jessica back into the Alais/TV theming when that Jessica is an entirely different person that the one who is married with a kid.

Rather them cancel the Iron Fist book and have a Cage family book.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thanos should join Silver Surfer and Dawn's cosmic road trip

I was just typing this up near verbatim. Thanos needs to disappear for awhile.

They should throw him back into the Cancerverse while bringing back Nova Prime as Sam's new mentor and Phyla as the new avatar of Death or Oblivion trying to figure out her life.

Feige X Brevoort X ???

And Bendis probably(is he still on the movie idea committee?). No other reason he would have the start of his own event be Thanos killing Rhodey and Shulkie ending up in a coma when he could've had a bunch of other villains do it. He wanted to hype Thanos.

tim1138

Looks like DC will finally be adding some of my most wanted digital books to CMX next month. I saw listings on Amazon for Ron Marz's Ion series, Simonson's Orion, and Andreyko's Manhunter. I hope this means Kate Spencer proper (and not the offbrand version from Gotham by Midnight) is going to show up in a Rebirth book, her unique brand of being a human dumpster fire is missing from the DCU.

Reminder: Final chance to grab anything in the Rebirth Part 5 CMX sale today!

Also, the current bestsellers on the site before people start buying a ton of Saga and TWD in the Image sale:
  1. The Walking Dead #156
  2. Batman (2016-) #2
  3. Justice League: Rebirth (2016) #1
  4. Superman (2016-) #2
  5. Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Five (2015-) #29
  6. Green Arrow (2016-) #2
  7. Green Lanterns (2016-) #2
  8. Amazing Spider-Man (2015-) #15
  9. Justice League (2011-) #47
  10. Justice League (2011-) #46

Edit:
Great a character I am sick of and a writer artist combo I don't like. Easy skip for me.
I'm truly a clone. Here's hoping I get a cool costume at least.

Looks like DC will finally be adding some of my most wanted digital books to CMX next month. I saw listings on Amazon for Ron Marz's Ion series, Simonson's Orion, and Andreyko's Manhunter. I hope this means Kate Spencer proper (and not the offbrand version from Gotham by Midnight) is going to show up in a Rebirth book, her unique brand of being a human dumpster fire is missing from the DCU.
Orion is definitely something I'm interested in. Good to hear!

Top Bottom