• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Venom Space Knight #2 - still no Space Panda :( Mostly Flash saving some aliens and meeting up with some Cosmos Guardians or whatever they are.

Groot #6 - That was actually a super cute and touching last issue. Art continues to be fantastic and the end brought the feels. Good stuff and much better than the previous Rocket solo book.

tumblr_o8xntbc83N1v0rz6vo3_540.jpg

Ongoing covers

Squadron Supreme
WHELP guess who's back

Uncanny Inhumans
Is she being punished here, I wonder? CWII fallout?

That Thor arc is gonna be rad as fuck :O

"Finding Namor"
LMAO

The Thor cover is rad as hell. Short haired Odinson looks awesome. Glad Dauterman is still on art duties as well. I wish this book could last forever.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Let me know what you think. I really wanna jump on this book, but those $3.99 back issues, oye vey.

So far not much has happened, just Flash going around helping random aliens with his new, vaguely explained space cop job. I like the writing and like I said earlier I like Flash as Venom, the dude is a legit good person that just wants to help people and still has that innocent awe at super heroes and what not. He's very likeable. I hear once the Space Panda shows up it gets better. The art is weird, I like it but I can see people easily hating it.

Anyway Invincible Iron-Man #4-5 - why is this book this good? Bendis surely had a shadow writer on this. Writing continues to be super snappy and legit funny, art is outstanding, this transforming armor is my favorite armor in ages (Samurai Mode yo), good guy troll Doom popping up whenever he feels like is amazing, the book is just pure fun and probably my favorite book right now along with Dr.Strange (who shows up to give us the punch line of the facial hair bros joke from a few issues ago in a great moment).

I love good guy Doom.

arkon

Del Mundo on Avengers. Good. He deserves a big book.

Van Lente on Slapstick is enough for me to check it out, even though I have no idea who Slapstick is.

Will check out the Ewing books as well. And Great Lakes Avengers.

Also nice to see Squirrel Girl make it to #16

Anyway Invincible Iron-Man #4-5 - why is this book this good? Bendis surely had a shadow writer on this. Writing continues to be super snappy and legit funny, art is outstanding, this transforming armor is my favorite armor in ages (Samurai Mode yo), good guy troll Doom popping up whenever he feels like is amazing, the book is just pure fun and probably my favorite book right now along with Dr.Strange (who shows up to give us the punch line of the facial hair bros joke from a few issues ago in a great moment).
That first arc was really good. It's gone downhill since.

Sandfox

So far not much has happened, just Flash going around helping random aliens with his new, vaguely explained space cop job. I like the writing and like I said earlier I like Flash as Venom, the dude is a legit good person that just wants to help people and still has that innocent awe at super heroes and what not. He's very likeable. I hear once the Space Panda shows up it gets better. The art is weird, I like it but I can see people easily hating it.

I love good guy Doom.
Bendis is good on the right book.

Rhaknar

That first arc was really good. It's gone downhill since.

Noooooooooo :(

Also Vision #3 continues to be amazing. Viv healed, Virginia continues her mental breakdown, Vis acting like a teenager touching a boob for the first time (man up Vis you were married to Wanda for years im sure you got plenty), art us wonderfully creepy, just a fantastic read.

I hate DC for stealing King :(

I love good guy Doom.
Big drop-off for the next arc.

Noooooooooo :(

Also Vision #3 continues to be amazing. Viv healed, Virginia continues her mental breakdown, Vis acting like a teenager touching a boob for the first time (man up Vis you were married to Wanda for years im sure you got plenty), art us wonderfully creepy, just a fantastic read.

I hate DC for stealing King :(
He's finishing Vision. It ends at #12, where the story naturally ends.

I remember that free issue of Invincible where it was like "here's a perfect jumping-on point for new readers!", but it also happened to be an issue dealing with the fallout of a rape. It felt like some kind of elaborate joke.

I remember that free issue of Invincible where it was like "here's a perfect jumping-on point for new readers!", but it also happened to be an issue dealing with the fallout of a rape. It felt like some kind of elaborate joke.

I don't think it was free. It was like $0.25, which should be the price of all comics.

Top Bottom