• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Ross61

Even though it got buried inbetween the Marvel leaks, I'm very excited about that Vigilante miniseries. A nuanced superhero take on the real life issues that are taking place right now is what we need. Also like that that DC is testing the waters with these minis. Also GA and Suicide Squad editor Andy Khouri is teasing something on Twitter.

l2qGVDV.jpg
jGP5c8c.gif

Neoxon

And then hate every single one they announce.
And then take out our hatred on the Inhumans books.
And then the cycle begins anew. To sum up the X-Men's current status in media...
  • Comics: More-or-less fine, we don't have much to fear on this front.
  • Merchandise: Somewhat fucked, though Hasbro managed to fight back.
  • Video Games: Basically fucked for anything made after Contest of Champions.

Genesis Maximum Carnage was way better than SNES, which one of us who had a Genesis has to mention every time it is brought up because that almost never happened

kmfdmpig

Even though it got buried inbetween the Marvel leaks, I'm very excited about that Vigilante miniseries. A nuanced superhero take on the real life issues that are taking place right now is what we need. Also like that that DC is testing the waters with these minis. Also GA and Suicide Squad editor Andy Khouri is teasing something on Twitter.

It sounds interesting. I wouldn't have thought they'd be able to revive Vigilante, but I'll give it a shot.

It's funny that Wild Dog and Vigilante are coming back to the spotlight. I wonder if they have plans for Manhunter or Checkmate as well. Marvel's bringing back Solo. All the minor/forgotten vigilantes are on their way back it seems (except for Scourge).

Vibranium

Banned
Spider-Island is good

the rest are not

and whatever you do, do not ever ever ever read Maximum Carnage, the Clone Saga, or the Other

Spider-Island was so good. I loved the intro to Rucka's Punisher run where Frank takes out some random criminals in Spidey suits, with his own disguise, and then says "It's Spider-Sense. Idiots."

Ross61

It sounds interesting. I wouldn't have thought they'd be able to revive Vigilante, but I'll give it a shot.

It's funny that Wild Dog and Vigilante are coming back to the spotlight. I wonder if they have plans for Manhunter or Checkmate as well. Marvel's bringing back Solo. All the minor/forgotten vigilantes are on their way back it seems (except for Scourge).
Was that Wild Dog in GA 2?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So I finally finished The Clone Saga collection, right up to when Peter leaves town and Ben Reilly sticks around. I'd heard for years how this was the go to example for bad comics, so I was expecting the worst. But I have to say, the first 80% wasn't so bad. Very emo, very 90s, but not so bad. Then it got real real repetitive. Peter spent about 30 issues thinking about how dangerous being Spidey was, and considering leaving it to be with MJ and the baby. He chose being Spider-Man about 12 times before the editorial mandate kicked in. That point was almost as bad as people say, but all in all it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd thought it would be.

Sandfox

I was reading up on some stuff and I'm surprised that I didn't know that Pod was a LGBT character.

So I finally finished The Clone Saga collection, right up to when Peter leaves town and Ben Reilly sticks around. I'd heard for years how this was the go to example for bad comics, so I was expecting the worst. But I have to say, the first 80% wasn't so bad. Very emo, very 90s, but not so bad. Then it got real real repetitive. Peter spent about 30 issues thinking about how dangerous being Spidey was, and considering leaving it to be with MJ and the baby. He chose being Spider-Man about 12 times before the editorial mandate kicked in. That point was almost as bad as people say, but all in all it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd thought it would be.
One of the issues is that the Clone Saga was over two years long.

One of the issues is that the Clone Saga was over two years long.

And it was all four Spidey books. So there was no escaping it. If you wanted to read Spider-Man you were reading the Clone Saga and that was it for literally years.

I didn't totally hate it when it started but I sure got burnt out on it, then I just resented the hell out of it for going on for so long after that.

Sandfox

And it was all four Spidey books. So there was no escaping it. If you wanted to read Spider-Man you were reading the Clone Saga and that was it for literally years.

I didn't totally hate it when it started but I sure got burnt out on it, then I just resented the hell out of it for going on for so long after that.

And then the Green Goblin came out of nowhere to give us an anticlimactic ending lol

Top Bottom