• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

mreddie

Seriously, Kirkman is the only one who does this and it's funny.

JdfnlnL.jpg
giphy.gif

Rich is such a twat, sticking his nose into those Twitter threads all the time and pretending he doesn't understand why anyone is taking issue when he knows full well.

Dan Slott called Rich out in in response to this tweet and his response was that he's a news source and did what they would do lol.

Dan Slott calls Rich out for everything. Not that Rich isn't a piece of shit, but Marvel keeps being surprised when this stuff leaks early.

ElNarez

Banned
Oh no not the sanctity of our marketing campaign.

Fuck artists, fuck writers, fuck colorists, fuck letterers, the real Art happens in the promotional leaflet, the cover blurbs and the solicits. That's the real important thing, that's what needs to remain pure and unspoiled. It's the best part of the comic experience.

Zombine

Banned

Fuck artists, fuck writers, fuck colorists, fuck letterers, the real Art happens in the promotional leaflet, the cover blurbs and the solicits. That's the real important thing, that's what needs to remain pure and unspoiled. It's the best part of the comic experience.

Finally someone other than Marvel gets it.

ElNarez

Banned
yeah whatever the Guardians movie was a whole bunch of nothing, but those trailers were fucking great

all movies should be trailers now hell yeah woo marketing that's the good stuff sell stuff do me

I wouldn't be surprised if a Marvel stops doing these magazines and that sucks for retail stores.

Soon there won't be any retail stores left, so it all works out!

All of it tbh.

Don't forget Strange Girl.

Renew Your Vows is going to sell really well so hopefully it leads to a Lois and Clark situation lol.

I hope this one turns out better than the mini, which I was not a big fan of after the first couple issues.

Sandfox

I don't really care, but I understand why they would be annoyed with Rich.
Soon there won't be any retail stores left, so it all works out!

Don't forget Strange Girl.

I hope this one turns out better than the mini, which I was not a big fan of after the first couple issues.
I personally liked the mini and this book is being written by Conway rather than Slott so I'm hopeful.

I really enjoyed it and thought it was one of the best secret wars books. Glad we get to see more of them.

I liked it up to about the kidnapping part. It just felt too formulaic at that point. That's a plot-point we've been fed about 30,000 times. Hopefully this one keeps me interested.

Also, holy shit, Paper Girls is amazing. I originally stopped after #3, so of course #4 was when it got amazing. Love this book now.

The only person who benefits from Rich doing this is Rich. Everyone else breaks even or comes out worse.

I find the whole thing a tad confusing. Are people mad at Rich for being Rich, or for reporting the news? Because if Marvel expects leaks occur and not be reported, they're clearly smoking some good shit.

MG310

Question about the Deadpool Mercs for Money cover in those leaks

Is that movie Negasonic Teenage Warhead on the cover?

ElNarez

Banned
Marvel are dipshits for expecting marketing material to not leak.

Rich Johnston is a fucker for putting the info in said leaks behind one discrete article for each item of news just to maximize page views and make it all about him.

And that's the way it goes.

Question about the Deadpool Mercs for Money cover in those leaks

Is that movie Negasonic Teenage Warhead on the cover?

Yup. Which, considering
the original Negasonic Teenage Warhead died during the Sentinels' attack on Genosha ALL THE WAY BACK in Grant Morrison's New X-Men
, makes sense.

Yup Which, considering
the original Negasonic Teenage Warhead died during the Sentinels' attack on Genosha ALL THE WAY BACK in Grant Morrison's New X-Men
, makes sense.

But now Marvel can just say SECRET WARS and explain away all those inconvenient things that happened.

Sandfox

I find the whole thing a tad confusing. Are people mad at Rich for being Rich, or for reporting the news? Because if Marvel expects leaks occur and not be reported, they're clearly smoking some good shit.
Well last year Rich had people convinced that Gambit was starring in Daredevil and it took Soule a while to convince people otherwise lol. Slott just doesn't like him for obvious reasons.

the Negasonic Teenage Warhead thing is so funny to me considering she's like in 3 pages in Marvel Comics history. But she has a great Grant Morrison mutant name.

Is Strange Girl good? Preparing to make my Comixology sale order, and I know nothing of it.

I only read a few issues and it was ok. Art was terrible at least in the first issue or so. Looks like the artist changes later on at least.

I'd recommend his current Image work before it.

squadr0n

Death of X is seriously the only ongoing X-Men title? WTF Marvel.

The only books that were announced that actually sound good are the joke books like the GLA lol. Not a single book im actually looking forward too accept maybe Nova.

Top Bottom