• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I was reading up on some stuff and I'm surprised that I didn't know that Pod was a LGBT character.

One of the issues is that the Clone Saga was over two years long.

And it was all four Spidey books. So there was no escaping it. If you wanted to read Spider-Man you were reading the Clone Saga and that was it for literally years.

I didn't totally hate it when it started but I sure got burnt out on it, then I just resented the hell out of it for going on for so long after that.

Yeah, I can see how that would be an issue. They also kept trying to get the New Warriors involved, which I can't imagine that anyone wanted.

Up to issue #24 of Priests run on Black Panther.

And I'm kinda bored of it. And I don't like the exposition heavy writing style either. Not sure I should continue. Liked the first couple of arcs but everything afters been mostly meh.

mreddie

jGP5c8c.gif

Jezzus, if Noto and cheesecake were one.

Tizoc

At least 2 of marvel's new upcoming, canceled by their 3rd if not 6th issue, interest me
The rest ill just give them a try and see if they're any good

Cry Havoc #6
That was something. I need to re-read this series, because I got no fucking clue. Although, at the end they say volume one is releasing. So wait, is there going to be more after this run? They have potential, so it's not unfounded. Either way, this was most certainly a book that elicited feelings from me. What kind? I'm unsure.

Weavers #2
This book is pretty good still. Supernatural gang war is always dope. Creepy shit, though.

Sonic Mega Drive #1
This book was funny as hell. Very charming. FUCK YOU FOR MAKING ME WAIT UNTIL FALL FOR MORE OF IT. YA BASTARDS.

Venom: Space Knight #9
This book is great. It keeps changing where it's going and I love it!
I'm really curious about female Venom. Didn't one of Venom's "seeds" from way back in the day bond to a female?

Moon Knight #4
giphy.gif

Messi

I woke up angry today that we live in a world where 3 Deadpool villains have solo books before America Chavez has a book. That's fucked up. Marvel this was your shot. Don't get me started on the LGBT representation.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Spider-man #5
Just read it (a bit late, I know). Alright issue, but they've really got to stop overusing the venom sting thing to solve EVERYTHING. Also, having them kidnap Miles because he's "bad for business" is kind of a crummy excuse since we have basically haven't seen him do anything related to them. Additionally I'm not liking them making Jefferson a SHIELD agent again, I'd prefer his parents to just be normal.

But it finally seems like there's an original story developing (finally) with that blogger (though I don't know how good that's gonna be). Or it did, until I got to the preview page and it said they're going into Civil War next issue.

Is it too much to ask for a coherent, standalone, original story that goes on for more than two issues? We had plenty of those in the early days of Ultimate. $!@# you Marvel, $!#$ you.

PsychBat!

Banned
I woke up angry today that we live in a world where 3 Deadpool villains have solo books before America Chavez has a book. That's fucked up. Marvel this was your shot. Don't get me started on the LGBT representation.

I didn't know that Slapstick and Solo were Deadpool villains.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Cry Havoc #6
That was something. I need to re-read this series, because I got no fucking clue. Although, at the end they say volume one is releasing. So wait, is there going to be more after this run? They have potential, so it's not unfounded. Either way, this was most certainly a book that elicited feelings from me. What kind? I'm unsure.

Good question. It was my second lowest selling book of last month at 7K. Wouldn't be surprised if Spurrier moved on.

Maybe they'll look at representation when those books sell 10k combined at launch

Sandfox

They are in those books no?

Mercs for Money was basically the first time Solo and Slapstick were even associated with Deadpool with the joke being that it's a team of d-list killers. All three characters had their own series in the 90s with this basically be revivals for the characters.

I agree with Ms. America not getting a series though.

PsychBat!

Banned
They are in those books no?

Fine, Deadpool characters. Doesn't make it any better.

Well I don't know where Slapstick is from but I'm pretty sure Solo originated in a Spider-Man book in the late 80s. His name is James Bourne lol. Honestly I'm surprised he's even back, that dude's been gone for a while.

Messi

Yeah just checked. No one here is a deadpool originated character.

Not really what I meant. They are using Deadpool as a springboard for these characters. These are the same characters who were all in different colored Deadpool outfits a few months ago. 3 of them getting books over some other characters is kind of sad.

read the issues of Extraordinary X-Men on MU (first five) and it's so rote and average. There are moments that should feel big and important but executed so flatly, which is that Marvel Lemire effect I guess, coupled with the "feared and hated" status quo that i'm already bored with. Ramos's art is pretty nice, though.

All New Wolverine is pretty okay though. Kinda hate the costume and the idea of the Wolverine mantle being a role that needed to be filled is still weird to me but the book is alright. David Lopez is good, too.

If these are the best the X-Men line has to offer though, then lmao RIP X-Men

read the issues of Extraordinary X-Men on MU (first five) and it's so rote and average. There are moments that should feel big and important but executed so flatly, which is that Marvel Lemire effect I guess, coupled with the "feared and hated" status quo that i'm already bored with. Ramos's art is pretty nice, though.

All New Wolverine is pretty okay though. Kinda hate the costume and the idea of the Wolverine mantle being a role that needed to be filled is still weird to me but the book is alright. David Lopez is good, too.

If these are the best the X-Men line has to offer though, then lmao RIP X-Men

Old Man Logan and All-New Wolverine are the best X titles. I prefer OML more but enjoy both titles.

The rest of the X-books are just... bad.

Phamit

Is Moasaic confirmed to be straight? Or is Mosaic out of the classification since he can change into every person he wants to?

But I really don't know anything about most of the new characters as I don't read that much. What about the new Wasp? Is she also confirmed to be straight?

Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover A Adam Hughes), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover B Mahmud Asrar), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover C Tom Bancroft), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover D Stephanie Buscema), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover E Cliff Chiang), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover F Colleen Coover), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover G Bilquis Evely), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover H Veronica Fish), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover I Francesco Francavilla), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover J Genevieve Ft), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover K Rian Gonzales), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover L Robert Hack), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover M Erica Henderson), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover N Rebekah Isaacs), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover O Tula Lotay), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover P Alitha Martinez), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover Q Audrey Mok), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover R Moritat), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover S Ramon K. Perez), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover T Andy Price), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover U Ryan Sook), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover V Jenn St. Onge), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover W Chip Zdarsky), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover X Chrissie Zullo), $3.99
Betty And Veronica #1 (Cover Y Blank Sketch), $3.99

God damn that's a lot of covers.

What is everyone excited to read tomorrow? I haven't bought an single issue in like 3 weeks.

Waiting on the Marvel stuff I'm following to be digitally collected so nothing from me there but on the DC side I'm getting Action Comics, Detective Comics, Society, Flash, New Super-Man, Nightwing Rebirth, Wacky Raceland and Wonder Woman. Might wait a few days to buy most things aside from Nightwing, WW and 'Tec.

Oh, new avatar for me now even if it's kinda shitty quality.

TheFlow

Banned
Waiting on the Marvel stuff I'm following to be digitally collected so nothing from me there but on the DC side I'm getting Action Comics, Detective Comics, Society, Flash, New Super-Man, Nightwing Rebirth, Wacky Raceland and Wonder Woman. Might wait a few days to buy most things aside from Nightwing, WW and 'Tec.

Oh, new avatar for me now even if it's kinda shitty quality.
Damn you going hard this week

Kind of a light week for me.

Action
Detective
Flash
Earth 2 Society
Hal Jordan Rebirth
Nightwing Rebirth
New Super-Man
WW
CW2
Deadpool
Guardians
Gwenpool
Old Man Logan
Vision
Wick+Div
Ninjak
Faith
PM and IF

I really like that Kirkman gave TWD a spread cover just because it was Adlard's 100th issue. Dude has never heard a real human speak, but he's got class I'll tell ya.

So I've been reading Deadpool and Cable: Split Second since MU finally has the whole series up. My favorite comic series of all time is Cable & Deadpool, and so I was excited for the creative team to come back. But I'm through four issues, and it's downright dreadful. Deadpool is more of the modern Waypool than he was in the original run, the changes to Cable makes him really uninteresting in this series, and the future stuff kinda seems really heavy handed to this point. After starting on the truly excellent Spiderman/Deadpool series that seemed like a direct sequel to Kelly's original run in quality, this just seems really off.

Also, are all the DC books going biweekly now? Was thinking about reading the new Nightwing series but biweekly is not my preferred release format.

Messi

Kind of a light week for me.

Action
Detective
Flash
Earth 2 Society
Hal Jordan Rebirth
Nightwing Rebirth
New Super-Man
WW
CW2
Deadpool
Guardians
Gwenpool
Old Man Logan
Vision
Wick+Div
Ninjak
Faith
PM and IF

You accidentally got some Valiant books on your list. Those titles are banned in this thread.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Uncanny X-men #1 was...ok. Just a setup issue but I like the idea. Land's art wasnt terrible or anything, it hust has that Land-stink to it, particulary the faces (Monet espevially). I liked the look of the villains at the end. So do we even know why Warren is brain-dead, was that a pre-SW thing? Last I remember from him was he was normal Angel with no memories?

Totally Awesome Hulk #2 - what a fun book. Alien lady turns out to not be evil aftetall, Fin Fang Foom shows up, Hulk and Miles have some cool chemistry between them (Champions is gonna be fun), the art is gorgeous, really enjoying this series.

Top Bottom