• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

I haven't been playing Overwatch lately with the move and everything, but support sniper sounds like a perfect fix to people not wanting to heal. It seems like everyone wants to snipe, even in game modes where it makes almost zero sense.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Overwatch thread! New hero support sniper, getting rid of sudden death in competitive mode, no more hero stacking!, d.va buff in the form of her defense matrix not being a 3 second thing, zennyata buff so he has more shielding.

But none of this is happening today so read your comics.

Down for no hero stacking, down for Zen buff. Down for New hero. I've been playing that game a lot less lately, but it's still fun to pick up for a round or two.

Neoxon

tumblr_inline_movwliquNs1qz4rgp.gif
As stated earlier, it'll probably be back after Death of X.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
1 hero limit will make me go back to overwatch

Owzers

Not sure how i feel about Mercy's ult taking longer to build, i like using res frequently, oh well. Damage buff is boosted which i use a lot too, must be to compensate for Ana's damage boosting potential. Sure you can move while ulting now, but i' will probably die anyways unless i'm doing a zip line ult.

Not sure how i feel about Mercy's ult taking longer to build, i like using res frequently, oh well. Damage buff is boosted which i use a lot too, must be to compensate for Ana's damage boosting potential. Sure you can move while ulting now, but i' will probably die anyways unless i'm doing a zip line ult.

That res and Mercy as a whole became way too much of a necessity in Competitive of all levels. A nerf for her seemed unavoidable. With her getting a nerf and with the new hero I'm really interested in seeing team composition in tournaments moving forward.

frye

Future Quest and Transformers vs. GI Joe are like two completely opposite approaches to solving the same problem and they're both good as hell

Hey, does anyone have the sales numbers for the old Rich!Nova book? Want to see how bad/good it did the last year and compare it to Sam!Nova's sales this volume. The way CBR writes about Sam you'd think he was in the top 20 best selling books and not the bottom 20.

(Can we just go back to calling Rich Nova Prime and Sam Kid Nova?)

Hey, does anyone have the sales numbers for the old Rich!Nova book? Want to see how bad/good it did the last year and compare it to Sam!Nova's sales this volume. The way CBR writes about Sam you'd think he was in the top 20 best selling books and not the bottom 20.

Gotta do some digging but they're all listed here (linked to the issue 1 Dick Rider month).

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2007/2007-04.html

Slayven surely knows a better way.

Owzers

What are the D.Va changes? She is my character with mercy so it's important

her ult no longer kills her and defense matrix is getting reworked into a bar usage instead of 3 seconds.

D.Va

Defense Matrix

-Cooldown decreased from 10 seconds to 1 second

-A new resource meter has been added. This meter will deplete while Defense Matrix is active and then recharge when it’s not in use.

-Defense Matrix takes 10 seconds to reach full charge from empty

-At a full charge, Defense Matrix will last for 4 seconds

-Defense Matrix will now remain active as long as its assigned hotkey is held

-Defense Matrix has been reclassified as an alternate fire and is now bound to RMB (by default)

-An option to “Toggle Defense Matrix” has been added under Options > Controls > D.Va

-Self-Destruct Ultimate cost decreased by 15%

-Explosion delay reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds

-Explosion no longer damages D.Va (the player who activates it)

tim1138

From the Marvel Now thread:

MHWilliams said:
Rider's last volume, which was the version everyone can't let go:

April 2007, #1: 42,873
April 2010, #36: 22,365

Sam's first run:

February 2013, #1: 80,857
December 2014, #31: 18,129

Sam's second run:

November 2015, #1: 45,536
June 2016, #8: 19,720

I'd guess 60K tops and then it'll drop down to near Sam's level, depending on the creative team. Sam spikes higher, so I assume these are newer readers, who aren't as consistent in their buying habits. Rider probably appeals more to consistent comic shop patrons.

Busaiku

So can someone explain to me, an uncultured slob, why individual comic pages go for so much?
And what's the appeal of them vs the mass market releases?

Top Bottom