• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

shingi70

Banned
Marvel events need to go back to basic black and white and give the heroes something to punchy punch.

It's why Infinty was so awesome.

Infinity6_Thanos_vs_Avengers.png

Owzers

If you guys openly spoil this civil war death so help me.

I want to find out who Messi goes after for myself so if it happens before i read comics-gaf please cover that.

I clicked the spoilers, and i'd click them again given the chance.

Vibranium

Banned
Good thing I don't care about Civil War. That one Infinity Panel where Thor owned that Builder with his hammer is still one of the greatest event moments ever.

Reposting from a few pages back:

How's the Green Lantern Corps series that's on sale right now? After finishing the New 52 Justice League I was really fascinated with Green Lantern's powers and the whole back story.

I'm looking to read Blackest Night at some point, but was wondering how Green Lantern Corps compared to that.

VanWinkle

How's the Green Lantern Corps series that's on sale right now? After finishing the New 52 Justice League I was really fascinated with Green Lantern's powers and the whole back story.

I'm looking to read Blackest Night at some point, but was wondering how Green Lantern Corps compared to that.

I've heard good things about Tomasi's run, but I think it's part of a larger Corps run that he did that started pre-New 52 (like Green Lantern by Johns). Although I'm sure it will have a decent starting point since it DID start at #1 after all.

Really, if you haven't, I'd recommend instead starting with Green Lanterns by Geoff Johns run. If you're not averse to physical books, the omnibus editions are the perfect way to read it (even includes important Green Lantern Corps issues in there).

shingi70

Banned

Post Blackest Night isn't Great, but it's good as Johns finishes out his Magnum opus. The other two books in the line had some interesting ideas, but it was all worth it for Johns Final issue of Green Lantern.

The post John GLC with John as lead is pretty fun. Lost Army was great and added alot to the mythos, but Edge of Oblivion ignored all the good and is a pretty generic sci Fi tale.

diaspora

Marvel events need to go back to basic black and white and give the heroes something to punchy punch.

It's why Infinty was so awesome.

Infinity6_Thanos_vs_Avengers.png

I agree largely because the black and white fights are much more brutal like when Thor summoned his hammer through a Builder.

I've heard good things about Tomasi's run, but I think it's part of a larger Corps run that he did that started pre-New 52 (like Green Lantern by Johns). Although I'm sure it will have a decent starting point since it DID start at #1 after all.

Really, if you haven't, I'd recommend instead starting with Green Lanterns by Geoff Johns run. If you're not averse to physical books, the omnibus editions are the perfect way to read it (even includes important Green Lantern Corps issues in there).

Post Blackest Night isn't Great, but it's good as Johns finishes out his Magnum opus. The other two books in the line had some interesting ideas, but it was all worth it for Johns Final issue of Green Lantern.

The post John GLC with John as lead is pretty fun. Lost Army was great and added alot to the mythos, but Edge of Oblivion ignored all the good and is a pretty generic sci Fi tale.

Cool, thanks for the input. With so much else on my reading list, I think I'll stick to just reading Blackest Night.

They clearly ran out of ideas with Banner Hulk, much like Wolverine.

Just like Wolverine, they gave that nigga armor and a gun to try and reinvent him. You knew after that it was over for his ass.

Pretty much.

I don't disagree actually. After awhile you could tell that no writer had anything new they wanted to do with the character. Maybe someday, but not now.

Rest easy champ.

Owzers

I think it would make things a lot easier if we just openly discussed Bendis books without spoiler tags considering they aren't actually considered comic books.

Also so Messi doesn't disappear me i'm joking, don't actually spoil things that are totally comic books despite everything in your soul telling you otherwise.

Only good thing to come out of Rhodey's death was Nick Spencer's funeral issue.
And a damn fine issue it was
I agree largely because the black and white fights are much more brutal like when Thor summoned his hammer through a Builder.

That was a great scene. Probably one of the best in that story.

"You don't understand, everything dies"
"You first."

Fucking Odinson.

This alongside Black Bolt going 'NOOOOO' at Thanos were my personal favourites in Infinity.

"You have succeeded, Avenger.....again. What follows after this?"
"Now we win."

Top tier comic books.
I like the way y'all think. My vote?
True Marvel MVP right there

PsychBat!

Banned
Beauty and the Beast > The Lion King > The Little Mermaid > Aladdin > Mulan > Hercules > Tarzan > Pocahontas > Hunchback of Notre Dame

I can't rank them. But I do agree with the top two, not with the bottom, I'd put HoND over Pocahontas. I can't stand that damn raccoon.

Beauty and the Beast > The Lion King > The Little Mermaid > Aladdin > Mulan > Hercules > Tarzan > Pocahontas > Hunchback of Notre Dame

Pocahantas better than Hunchback? Shit man I don't even think Pocahantas even has anything good outside of colors of the wind. At least Hunchback has Frollo.

Top Bottom